Playstation Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 3

I wonder whether this platinum will remain or go once the DLC and trophies are installed. The only thing I got a platinum at is the first LEGO Marvel on PS3.

Congratulation! \o/

Yes, it's a suit power you need to select.

42220416_577954372622420_8576027771363393536_o.jpg
Thanks man, I've beat the game now and have some others to play, but I might stick it in to just give the suit a proper run out. :D:

Amazing numbers and well deserved. Insomniac has been long overdue for a monster hit and they have been on a roll this gen with three high quality AAA games, Spider-Man being the culmination of everything they've done so far. Spider-Man ps5 is gonna be insane!

I think I have about 17 platinums or so in total. I remember going for the platinum in GTA Vice City and that was literally insane. Getting the platinums on the Sly Cooper trilogy is also pretty fun!

But anyways, back to Spider-Man...

I would really love for them to add Brooklyn or Queens to the map for the sequel. I doubt they would include those in a DLC for this game. But if we got some other boroughs, it would likely just be a portion and not the entirety of it.

No matter how deep into the game or when I come to finally complete the game (at whatever percentage), the moment I experienced these opening 4 minutes or so will live with me forever.....

What is everyone's favorite song on this game? I am listing to the soundtrack right now only on track 9 right now out of 27 "The man he was". I think so far my favorite is "City of hope"

What is everyone's favorite song on this game? I am listing to the soundtrack right now only on track 9 right now out of 27 "The man he was". I think so far my favorite is "City of hope"

Do you have access to the you tube score tracks-link at all SPM2 ? Thanks.

Hmm... I'll have to add some of these to my Spider-man playlist.

After I finished the story, I linked my Spotify account to my PS4, set game music volume to 0, and replaced it with songs I thought went well with New York & webswinging for freeroaming.

Feel free to send me some suggestions to add to the playlist.

Last edited:
Home for the weekend, and finally got a chance to ply the game. My god am I loving it. Finally see what you guys were all saying about how it’s a learning curve. There’s quite a bit to dissect.

I played the main story right until I could craft suits, and have now just been trying to get the hang of things by exploring the city. This game is quite a blast.

I would really love for them to add Brooklyn or Queens to the map for the sequel. I doubt they would include those in a DLC for this game. But if we got some other boroughs, it would likely just be a portion and not the entirety of it.

This would be my ideal map change for the next game (just realized I somehow forgot the Statue, would also love that to be added), almost certainly not getting all of these changes, but at the least I'd like Queens and/or Brooklyn. Forgive the roughness of the image, just threw it together quickly to get the basic idea across. For the water traversal they could let us point launch and web zip off of boats.

XKKUgpj.jpg

Last edited:
This would be my ideal map change for the next game (just realized I somehow forgot the Statue, would also love that to be added), almost certainly not getting all of these changes, but at the least I'd like Queens and/or Brooklyn. Forgive the roughness of the image, just threw it together quickly to get the basic idea across.

XKKUgpj.jpg
I'd love to have this in the sequel

just finished the main story, just wow what a great story, i really enjoyed that, still got the taskmaster challenges and a couple of research towers to do and crimes to stop but my hat isoff to the developers, they did a great job

Some of my favorite tracks on the score at the moment (I don't have any formal music knowledge so these are just my thoughts).

Spider-Man: Love how the Peter theme starts it out and then that same theme becomes the Spider-Man theme with the same basic sounds just more excitement added, that's such a great idea.
Golden Age: Triumphant and shining, there's an element of danger in it as well but it's overcome with the poise of Spidey's theme
Sinister Six: Sounds foreboding, like bad things are brewing, perfect sounds to herald a gauntlet of villains to go up against Spidey, it all tightens up and highlights that heightened danger.
Renewed Rivalries: It sounds like the Spidey theme is actually clashing against the Sinister Six theme and that's a really cool idea.
Shocking Turn of Events: Starts out harsh and scary and turns into a fun action tune.
The Man He Was/The Demon He Became: Great companion pieces for Mr. Negative and shows the different sides to his character, literally.
Mastermind: Haunting because to me it sounds like regret from a fall from grace, and has different emotions crawling up from it into a villain theme worthy of that character.

There's a lot of good tracks on there, though.

This would be my ideal map change for the next game (just realized I somehow forgot the Statue, would also love that to be added), almost certainly not getting all of these changes, but at the least I'd like Queens and/or Brooklyn. Forgive the roughness of the image, just threw it together quickly to get the basic idea across. For the water traversal they could let us point launch and web zip off of boats.

XKKUgpj.jpg
It would sure be great to see an expansive environment that goes a little beyond the limits of the norm, but this looks too much.

A bigger map would be great, but really not all that exciting. The giant map was designed that way because of just how fast the character moves. It would've been annoying to keep running out of map as you moved around.

Ultimately, it'll just be more of the same buildings to swing on. Just more buildings. It will just be satisfying from a completionist standpoint.

It would sure be great to see an expansive environment that goes a little beyond the limits of the norm, but this looks too much.
Yeah, as I said, almost certainly not gonna happen, it's just a combination of ways that they could expand the map for the sequel, the main thing for me is I want Queens, I don't think we've seen Queens in a Spider-Man game since Ultimate Spider-Man, and that's a shame since Queens is his home, every game since then that hasn't had Queens just feels like it's missing something to me when it comes to the map.

Last edited:
Bigger doesn't always equal better for open worlds sometimes. I could see that argument made for Arkham Asylum vs the later installments (though I really love City, too).

I don't know how they could really substantially expand things or make things better because: the map's already pretty big, traversal and combat mechanics all already pretty polished, story was fantastic. It's a hard show to top, gotta be fun figuring out how to do that.

Bigger doesn't always equal better for open worlds sometimes. I could see that argument made for Arkham Asylum vs the later installments (though I really love City, too).
At least for those games they also improved the traversal mechanics along with expanding the maps, so I can say bigger = better in their case.

I wonder whether this platinum will remain or go once the DLC and trophies are installed. The only thing I got a platinum at is the first LEGO Marvel on PS3.
DLC trophies have their own subset within a games trophy list (and they don't have a platinum for that set), the only thing that changes is your completion percentage cause new trophies were added, your platinum remains unlocked and future buyers will also only have to do the launch day trophy set to get the platinum (ignoring the DLC ones etc).

I'm about 65% completion thus far...

The MJ missions, I'm sad to say, are rather dull and pointless. I get that it's supposed to be a 'break' from being Spider-Man but isn't that what the Peter Parker gameplay is for?

I love Mary Jane--she's one of my favorite characters in all of Marvel and this iteration of her is good. Not great, but good. But unfortunately her gameplay is uninteresting. The mechanics are lame. It's not at all challenging. She's not super powered, true, I guess I was hoping for something more exciting. There's no tension or excitement in her missions, imo, they're incredibly bland. It's the worst part of the game.

DLC trophies have their own subset within a games trophy list (and they don't have a platinum for that set), the only thing that changes is your completion percentage cause new trophies were added, your platinum remains unlocked and future buyers will also only have to do the launch day trophy set to get the platinum (ignoring the DLC ones etc).
Thank you for the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"