Comics Spidey In September [w/covers]

I guess I'm the only one who picked up on their dependence on spell check. I think they meant "vulnerable" instead of "venerable" in the preview for ASM.

ASM536_COV_col.jpg

I'm quite glad to see the Thing's hands on the rebel side :up: :cool:

:)

I dont mean to offend any Spider fans but I would not think Spider man was a big enough superhero to have so many people fighting over him.

I'm just annoyed at how everyone's hands are way too big. Particularly Iron Man and Cap.

All porportions aside, I think that's a wicked cover.

Trask said:
I dont mean to offend any Spider fans but I would not think Spider man was a big enough superhero to have so many people fighting over him.
]

u should read more spider-man then. just cos he can't hit as hard as some. see amazing spider-man 239-240 (i think). he stops the juggernaut!! or 269-270 -- he beats the heck out of a Galactus herald. plus he IS one of the avengers, so yknow...

ampersand said:
I'm just annoyed at how everyone's hands are way too big. Particularly Iron Man and Cap.

Look at the pointy fingers... it's like a dream sequesnce.

It's not like it's actually happening...

Themanofbat said:
Look at the pointy fingers... it's like a dream sequesnce.

It's not like it's actually happening...

Kinda like the Black Suit vs Red Suit cover from ASM 258

Spidermans suit represents the split. I think its obvious that Iron mans side is clearly bad. I mean who here is actually going to pick Iron spidey over the real spiderman.

Anyone hoping that the return of his suit reads "HES BACK THE REAL SPIDERMAN"

Trask said:

Spider-Man is to Marvel Comics what Superman AND Batman are to DC Comics.

He's the flagship character. Marvel goes as Spider-Man goes.

He's teamed up and fought alongside/ against practically every Marvel character ever created. And to the more heavy hitters in the Marvel U (Cap, Iron Man, Thor, The FF etc...), they see Spider-Man as the everyman hero because he will fight the big threats as well as the simpe muggings. His stance in the Marvel U (concerning the Civil War) is HUGE because of his role and relationship amongst his fellow heroes.

Everyone would want Spidey on their side because of his stature in the Marvel U... even though Peter doesn't realize his importance in the hero community.

I'm babbling....

:(

I think that cover sucks donkey balls... looks like Things trying to get a piece of Peter's peter.

Trask said:

I think that you're taking the cover a little too literal.

I don't think it's going to be a matter of the heroes fighting to have him on their side but it's more along the lines of how conflicted Spider-Man is going to become later on in the storyline.

SpideyInATree said:
I think that you're taking the cover a little too literal.

I don't think it's going to be a matter of the heroes fighting to have him on their side but it's more along the lines of how conflicted Spider-Man is going to become later on in the storyline.
Yeah. They can't have the high point take place this early in the series.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #100

Written by Brian Michael Bendis, pencils and cover by Mark Bagley.

"Clone Saga." A true milestone for Peter Parker, Ultimate Spider-Man and the Ultimate line -- the double-sized 100th issue celebration! Chock full of secrets that date back to the book's beginning -- finally, chillingly revealed! And there are three mind-staggering shock endings. It;s the Spider-Man event of the year with an exclusive look back at the series with Brian Micheal Bendis and Mark Bagley.

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Sept. 27.
ultimatespiderman100.jpg

FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #12

Written by Peter David, pencils by Todd Nauck, cover by Mike Wieringo.

Part 2 of 5. Mysterio has transformed Midtown High into a haunted house! But for the students inside, as well as their teacher, Peter Parker -- a.k.a. Spider-Man -- the dangers are anything but a carnival illusion. Will Spider-Man have to team-up with his one-time archrival turned friend, turned archrival again, Flash Thompson, to rescue the students? And what happens when another famous villain from Spidey;s past mysteriously reappears?

32 pages, $2.99. in stores.

SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN #30

Written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, pencils by Angel Medina, cover by Clayton Crain.

Against his wishes, the Molten Man has joined the Chameleon's efforts to bring down Spider-Man once and for all. Meanwhile, as Spidey reels from his battle with shockmeister Electro, the theatre where Mary Jane is rehearsing a play is under attack...by a swarm of deadly bees! Just how many deadly foes has the Chameleon enlisted to destroy Peter Parker's life?

32 pages, $2.99, in stores .
sensational30.jpg

SPIDER-MAN SPECIAL: BLACK AND BLUE AND READ ALL OVER

Written by Jim Krueger, penciled by Drew Johnson, cover by Jay Anacleto.

A special stand-alone story set in the recent past of the wall-crawler's career! Haunted by nightmares, plagued by a world that doesn't understand him, Spider-Man makes a fateful deal with Daily Bugle publisher J. Jonah Jameson!

48 pages, $3.99.

SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE #10

Written by Sean McKeever, pencils and cover by Takeshi Miyazawa.

Mary Jane's acting debut is mere weeks away, but with the play's premiere set opposite a major Midtown High football match, you'd better believe the jocks aren't gonna let it slide! Will Flash help ruin MJ's big day or will he lose the respect of his teammates?

32 pages, $2.99, in stores.
maryjane10.jpg

BEYOND! #3

Written by Dwayne McDuffie, pencils and cover by Scott Kolins.

Dr. Pym's Quinjet has been blown out of the sky by the rampaging Dragon Man. Now the only thing that stands between the devastated survivors of the crash and Dragon Man's wrath is a cyborg super soldier turned-pacifist who has been missing for a decade, Deathlok. Meanwhile, Kraven has a heart-to-heart with the recently deceased hero from issue 1!

32 pages, $2.99, in stores.

beyond3.jpg

STAN LEE MEETS SPIDER-MAN

Written by Stan Lee and Joss Whedon, penciled by Olivier Coipel and Michael Gaydos, cover by Coipel.

The second of a series of stand-alone specials celebrating the 65th Anniversary of Stan Lee's employment at Marvel! First, Stan and artist Olivier Coipel present a meeting between The Man and his web-slinging creation! Then, Joss Whedon and Michael Gaydos take you to an interdimensional cross-time comic book convention! And finally, a representation of the classic Stan-scripted Amazing Spider-Man #87, in which Spidey reveals his true identity to his closest friends!

48 pages, $3.99.

MARVEL ADVENTURES SPIDER-MAN #19

Written by Peter David, penciled by Mike Norton, cover by Cameron Stewart.

What's green and scaly and likes parading around New York City in big purple underpants? You guessed it...Fin Fang Foom! Will Spidey figure out how to put the kibosh on the devilish dragon, or will he be...squished?

32 pages, $2.99, in stores
madspidey19.jpg

Man, I am really pumped for just about all the 616 titles, especially Sensational! Ultimate should be pretty good too.

wait - swarm, chameleon, molten man -- who's the other in the pic?

Well, my list for September is really small (spidey-wise)...

Civil War #5
Ultimate Spider-Man #100

MAYBE Sensational. Doubtful, though.

Maybe he's new? I don't know, but he kinda looks like a scarecrow to me.

It probably is the Scarecrow...

He's appeared mostly in Captain America comcis as well as in Ghost Rider.

He fought Spidey once in an Untold Tales of Spider-Man issue.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"