Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia Trilogies Coming To PS3?

Sam Fisher

Heavy Meddle
Reaction score
Looks like Sam is Fishing for more money...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1111137p1.html

Ubisoft may be following Sony's lead by releasing more HD remake collections for PlayStation 3.
Online retailer Amazon France (via Joystiq) recently posted two new listings for Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia trilogy collections, set for release this November. No word yet on what titles could be part of these Blu-ray packs.
We pinged Ubisoft for comment. We'll update this story when we hear back.

If they release my two favorite games on the PS3, I'm gonna be:awesome:

I never played this games but I would love it if they came on PS3.

I want a Xenosaga Trilogy PS3 release

pop3d.jpg

http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/splinter-cell-pop-mk-rayman-compils-confirmees-actu-368196.html

so is it confirmed i don't know french. I know that they are making a MK collection but it is sweet that they are making these new revamped games

The "Classics HD" banner either means Ubisoft have got a slew of these things coming or Sony are arragining a line-up for them like the Platinum/Greatest Hits range.

Interesting that it mentions that Rayman is getting a collection. I wonder if this will just be the PS2 games or the original PS1 one as well, bc that was the best one

The "Classics HD" banner either means Ubisoft have got a slew of these things coming or Sony are arragining a line-up for them like the Platinum/Greatest Hits range.
thats what I thought when I saw the Sly boxart.

Importing is that big of a deal though! I got Demon's Souls and the Quest for Booty Blu ray no problem.

It'll come to NA. Has to.

I was thinking about picking up used copies of Warrior Within and Two Thrones, but HD makeovers and probably trophy support...sounds like a worthwhile purchase to me.

Actually the lack of a trophy announcement has me worried.

That'd be insane. Trophies are a must...has to be.

It's part of the reason why everyone wants they're favorite games updated like this.

Yeah, everything about this just screams shovelware; EU Only release, no trophies... just Ubi making a quick buck.

how are they able to not add trophies? I though that was a requirement for ALL PS3 releases. Bad mistake bc there are people that will ONLY touch this with trophy support and they just killed some of their sales if its true that they are not implementing it.

And maybe I'm just ignorant, but after watching trophy support get integrated with games that didn't even launch with it, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune comes to mind, I assume it's relatively easy to add trophies compared to making the game or even updating the graphics.

I've always wanted to play the original Splinter Cell games and I got real excited when I saw this just now but I honestly won't get it if it doesn't have trophies with it. If I wanted to play this without trophies I'd get off my lazy ass and find the original versions.

I would actually recommend you pick up the game, for the Xbox...and pop it into your 360. Splinter Cell, as well as Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory, are some of the few games from past gen I would recommend to play. So many other games have simply not aged well at all, but Splinter Cell has actually aged pretty well.

The graphics are still kinda impressive to me, considering when it came out and what it had to work with.

But, achievements/trophies would only be icing on the cake. I can only imagine how crazy I'd go with Metal Gear Solid 4 if they ever added trophies to it. I'm in my 12th playthrough of the game. If they ever add trophies...that'll be the end of me, because I'll never leave my room.

And I know hunting for trophies and achievements is ultimately silly, but when it's a game you love, anything you can wear as a badge of honor of your fandom is cool.

Well, I guess it's better than nothing. Hopefully the price won't be too high.

God of War 1 and 2 are now on the PSN and these games are coming soon. Im guessing this is Sony's way around getting PS2 games on the store

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"