Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia Trilogies Coming To PS3?

I've been playing Chaos Theory. Sam's model looks pretty much as good as the Conviction one given the HD makeover. Obviously it's pretty dark and hard to identify a lot of the changes but it's a slicker conversions for the most part.

Have there been any reviews from Europe for the games?

I've looked around, but haven't been able to find one yet.
The only one I've seen so far is Eurogamer, which gave it a 7/10.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-23-splinter-cell-trilogy-hd-review

Judging from the comments and the review, it seems like they don't consider as a great HD port. But honestly, I don't care, these are 3 great games that are being given better graphics and a trophy system so I'm completely on board. I just wonder if they tweaked the controls to be the same for all 3 games, because I think there were some subtle differences between the first two.

Found another review:

6/10

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/puzzle/...l-classic-trilogy-hd/review.html?subj=6331771

The only things about this review that at all bothers me is the technical problems, with the game freezing and needing to be rebooted. The framerate issue as well bothers me.

But, aside from that...the review seems to just say Splinter Cell and Pandora Tomorrow sucked..Chaos Theory is where it's at. Which, I can understand...but I loved the first game and PT...so them being too "restrictive" isn't a problem for me.

Last edited:
Yeah, I loved the games and am already a fan of them. Plus I had them for Gamecube and to be able to play them with improved graphics on my PS3, I'm not really going to let any bad reviews keep me from wanting to play them.

I will say, however, that I canceled my pre-order with Amazon and will be taking my chances with Gamefly. I know I'll like the games, but I don't think its something i need to play on release, especially since there's 3 other must-haves that I have pre-ordered so I don't know if I can afford this right now, even though it is the cheapest of them all.

I'm trying to remember if the Prince of Persia Collection was better on disc. I remember hearing that the downloadable version on PSN were more problematic than the disc version...but I just don't know it for sure.

So I have finally gotten a chance to play the Splinter Cell Trilogy and I must say I am disappointed in the controls and overall layout of each game. I hate that they are all different. I remember with the Tomb Raider Trilogy, the menus all looking pretty much the same and the controls were adjusted to fit all 3 games the same way. But with this one, they kept so much from the original games that it almost feels like learning to play 3 completely different games instead of three games from a franchise.

I still think they committed a horrible sin by not allowing invert Y.

They said they were going to patch it months ago, and still nada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"