• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Splinter Cell

huskerwebhead

Sidekick
Joined
Jun 1, 2000
Messages
4,124
Reaction score
1
Points
31
With Silent Hill recently showing up in the theaters I started thinking about my other favorite game titles and when/if they were getting a movie. I remember a long time ago there was an announcement that Splinter Cell was going to be made into a movie. I can't seem to find anything recent on this...has anyone heard anything?

As a side topic...who would you get to play Sam Fisher? My choices:

Kiefer Sutherland
Tom Beringer
Sean Bean
 
Yeah I remember they had a preview for it on Pandora Tomorrow.


:( What happened?
 
Kiefer Sutherland ????????????? Noooooooo.
 
huskerwebhead said:
With Silent Hill recently showing up in the theaters I started thinking about my other favorite game titles and when/if they were getting a movie. I remember a long time ago there was an announcement that Splinter Cell was going to be made into a movie. I can't seem to find anything recent on this...has anyone heard anything?

As a side topic...who would you get to play Sam Fisher? My choices:

Kiefer Sutherland
Tom Beringer
Sean Bean


Sean Bean wouldnt be able to pull off the american accent IMO. I hate to say this, but Bruce was born to play Sam Fisher.
 
LatinoReview had a script review a few months back.
 
Darthphere said:
Sean Bean wouldnt be able to pull off the american accent IMO. I hate to say this, but Bruce was born to play Sam Fisher.

bruce...
 
PWN3R RANGER said:
Yeah I remember they had a preview for it on Pandora Tomorrow.


:( What happened?

Two words....


ICE CUBE :( :down
 
FYI, I recently interviewed JT Petty at SXSW. He's the writer of the games and did early drafts of the script.

The movie is in development purgatory right now.
 
Thinking about some games coming to the big screen reminds me, SC will do well as a live action movie, I'd like to see either Jack from Lost or even George Clooney as Sam.

As for a metal gear movie, after watching FF advent children, a metal gear movie would suck as live action and would be better off using the production tactics of FFAC. That movie kicked too much ass and one could only imagine the majesty of what a cg metal gear movie would be like.
 
IMDB still has Peter Berg attatched to direct. But he's busy with the Friday Night Lights tv series right now, and has

The Kingdom
The Mission
The Losers
and Bran Mak Morn for other movie attatchments in addition to Splinter Cell.

So either hope someone else picks up the project or don't hold your breath for it coming out any time soon.
 
TheVileOne said:
Splinter Cell ain't happening right now.


One can hope.....I think a tv show might be more likely.....or I may be crazy.....maybe both.
 
Seems that a sticking point is the studio wanting a younger version of Sam for the film. :(

If they do go with a young Sam then I think the perfect choice woud be Matthew Fox... He just needs to work on a deep scary voice :D

LostShootsCast_002.jpg
 
Mentok said:
Seems that a sticking point is the studio wanting a younger version of Sam for the film. :(

If they do go with a young Sam then I think the perfect choice woud be Matthew Fox... He just needs to work on a deep scary voice :D

LostShootsCast_002.jpg

:up:
 
I can see nipples in that pic... Dew will ban me now :(
 
Mentok said:
Seems that a sticking point is the studio wanting a younger version of Sam for the film. :(

If they do go with a young Sam then I think the perfect choice woud be Matthew Fox... He just needs to work on a deep scary voice :D

LostShootsCast_002.jpg

Yeah, 'cause you'd swear he had that voice since birth. Sam Fisher's a scary dude!!

Fox would have to see a serious vocal coach.
 
Or just get Michael Ironside to dub over his voice for the film :up:
 
I have a bad feeling that they probably aren't going to care as much about the voice as we do. :(
 
God, they better make this movie soon:(









Kiefer Sutherland wouldn't be too bad I guess.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,683
Messages
21,786,263
Members
45,616
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"