Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia Trilogies Coming To PS3?

I only had the Gamecube version of SC1, and it was ported from the visually-impaired PS2 version. I never picked up Pandora Tomorrow or Chaos Theory, because at the time i was a broke teenager. Needless to say I am eager to get my hands on the SC HD collection. :up:

Does anyone know if the multiplayer mode for either Pandora Tomorrow or Chaos Theory is being included?

Nope, no multiplayer.

The PoP collection disc is suppsed to come out today.

I'm really excited to see how Chaos Theory will look. That game still, to this day, impressive to look at on an upscaled 360.

I'll enjoy playing through the LAX level again in PT. That was a sandout level for me, in that game. On the plus side, of the single player-only focus, is that all the trophies will be single player only too.

I'm also expecting the trophies to be fully packed for each game, like God of War Collection is. It'll be alot of fun replaying those games and earning trophies along the way.

Just wondering, has anybody got the Tomb Raider HD trilogy?

I doubt they'll use it, but I've been listening to the new Amon Tobin "Chaos Theory Remixed" album that was released. It's the soundtrack they used for the new Splinter Cell 3DS game. Just as the name suggests, it's basically the Chaos Theory soundtrack with each track remixed by a different artist.

But, like I said, I highly doubt they'd use it for the Chaos Theory HD game. Still a very cool album.

So, I read the review for Prince of Persia Trilogy on IGN. A nice 9.5 score.

I'll defintely pick it up soon. I'm thinking about Tomb Raider, too. I tried the demo for Legend on the 360, and I guess it should be the same for this collection even though it's an upgraded version of the PS2 game.

Anybody know when Splinter Cell gets released in Europe?

So, I read the review for Prince of Persia Trilogy on IGN. A nice 9.5 score.

I'll defintely pick it up soon. I'm thinking about Tomb Raider, too. I tried the demo for Legend on the 360, and I guess it should be the same for this collection even though it's an upgraded version of the PS2 game.
I played TR: Legend on the PSP, and Underworld on thw Wii, but after hearing about the HD trilogy, I decided to give it a shot, and honestly its not that bad. The graphic look great, and I think the control are the same for each game. I haven't really had much time to play it, but I like it enough to get the Splinter Cell trilogy when it comes out, especially considering I liked those games more.

Obviously the TR gaems are no Uncharted, but for an HD version of 3 games that are decent and have a sense of nostalgia for those who played the original, all for a price of around $40, I say it's a great deal.

Anybody know when Splinter Cell gets released in Europe?
According to Amazon.uk, its June 17th.

Any chance that something like this is coming out for Silent Hill?

Silent Hill would be interesting. I never found a time to jump into that series, and have actually though about going back to the first for the PS1...but that'd be crazy for me. Metal Gear Solid should be getting one, I think. I can't play my original copies on my PS3, so they'd be easy buys for me.

The Tomb Raider Trilogy sounds like it'd be good for me. I like Uncharted, and even though it's not as good as that...I'm into that type of game. And for $40, getting three games sounds like a good deal.

I know Silent Hill doesn't have the same universal appeal as Splinter Cell or Tomb Raider but I think it would do well enough.

So I couldn't wait for the SC trilogy to come out, so i just ordered SC: Double Agent online, and it should arrive tomorrow. I figured if I'm going to get 1-3, I might as well get 4 as well to keep me busy in the meantime.

Which Double Agent did you get? Current Gen version or Past Gen version?

I got the PS3 version. I had all the Splinter Cell games for the Gamecube, including this one, yet for some reason, when I watched the reviews for the PS3 version, it looked like a completely different game than I remembered. Maybe its just been that long since I last played it.

I believe it is, actually. I had a friend that owned it on the Gamecube...and me talking about my copy on the 360, you'd have thought we were talking about two different games.

I always bring it up when talking Double Agent, but the Xbox version (and maybe the PS2 version, if there is one) are different games than the current gen (360/PS3) versions. Different level designs, different scenes, different levels, different ending, etc.

Always thought the previous gen version had the better ending as to why Sam went nuts and went rouge.

Indeed. The current generation version of Double Agent was made by Ubisoft Shanghai (who made Pandora Tomorrow) while the last gen version was made by Ubisoft Montreal (the original, Chaos Theory, and Conviction).

Yeah, it shows too. The Prison Break level felt more satisfying in the Ubisoft Montreal game. It was longer, and trickier to escape it ghosting...but so much more satisfying.

More classic Splinter Cell gameplay too, with the shadows still being a huge part of it on the one they worked on. Kinda amazing that they put money into making two different games of the same name, when you think about it.

It's even crazier since the "new" one is usually considered to be the weaker of the two.

I hope they bring the HD trilogy to 360 at some point.

What the heck!? I just got an e-mail from Amazon saying that the Splinter Cell Trilogy that I pre-ordered will now be released until July 26th and I won't get it until the 29th. They delayed it again?

Last edited:
Yeah, Gamestop's website has it listed as July 26th as well. This delay was done rather stealthly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"