The Dark Knight *SPOILER*The Rock as Two-Face?*SPOILER*

Status
Not open for further replies.
you don't have to be a genius to know for certain that the rock will not be in this movie.

now someone delete this thread please...

mcflytrap said:
Yes, he is.

No, he isn't. Southland Tales, Be Cool.

Sure, hes not top calibre, but he isn't "bad" either. I'd say hes middle of the road, as someone else put it.

Actually, a middle of the road actor like him might be able to surprise us. I mean, theres no way in hell I would of ever thought Steve Zahn could be such a good actor, until Rescue Dawn.

People just naturally want to look down on the guy because he comes from another medium, especially because its wrestling. If you'd told someone in 1992 Will Smith would turn into a pretty damn good actor, they would have laughed at you.

I'd also like to point out that anyone who knows their ass from their elbow about the craft of acting, knows that comedy is actually one of the more difficult genres of acting. And if someone shows skill at giving a comedic performance, it could(though not in all cases) be indicative that they're capable of dramatic acting as well. Don't know if anyone here ever saw The Rock's appearances as host of SNL.

ultimatefan said:
Oh man, here we go again... for the hundreth thousandth billionth time... IMDB IS NOT RELIABLE!! DON´T TRUST ANYTHING POSTED THERE!!!
Amen.

Originally Posted by kenellard

it'd be sooo funny if this actually happened, because then most posters here would be all "wtf! that's the worst casting choice of all time!" but then three weeks later they'd all have "The Rock IS Dent" in their sigs.

Same thing at IMDb. First people were going "BS" like crazy, next minute it was, "wouldn't mind if he got the part":yay:

ah, to be a nolanite....

Amen:woot:

I can't believe this thread is still open. Oh well you know what they say if you can't beat them then join them...

The rock is not going to be two-face TRUST ME ON THAT!. If they choose a bi-racial or a non-white person I wouldn't mind seeing benicio del toro being harvey dent. Or if he chooses to pick a black actor then I wouldn't mind seeing denzel washington playing harvey dent. The choices are unlimited but I would really like to see Guy Pierce to play Harvey Dent because he has the look and he can play a dark character..

The Only Woj said:
finding BS on IMDB is like finding herpes at a prostitute convention
can i quote this in my sig?:p

saint sinner x said:
I would really like to see Guy Pierce to play Harvey Dent because he has the look and he can play a dark character..

Everybody keeps saying this, but I haven't seen any image of Harvey Dent or Two-Face that draws a good comparison with Pearce.

saint sinner x said:
I can't believe this thread is still open.

I can't believe the title has spoiler tags.

saint sinner x said:
I wouldn't mind seeing benicio del toro being harvey dent.

that's actually not bad.

BatScot said:
It's been awhile, but seldom has it been more needed...

Snipesignal.jpg

HOLY ****!!! MY SNIPE SIGNAL!!!

Takes me back to like 2 years ago, wow.

-R

Motown Marvel said:
kriten kreuk is a she-male?!

Believe it or not, girls call cunnilingus "blow jobs" too. I know, because I know some VERY frank women. :up:

Hmmmmm........The Rock as Harvey Dent......Kristen Kruk is a shemale.......yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm in hell, now.

num1batfan said:
if not the rock (excellent choice imho) then another biracial actor like vin diessel or benjamin brat or paul reiser or someone.

or why not Rob Schneider? hell, he looks just like a micro-machines version of the rock *shrug*

p.s., I LOVE the 'spoiler tags' that wrap around this thread title . . .

DV8 said:
p.s., I LOVE the 'spoiler tags' that wrap around this thread title . . .

:woot: Yeah, as if we should give it some serous attention to it.

CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dwaynejohnson.jpg

mcflytrap said:
Yes, he is.

i disagree, the rock is a decently talanted actor who is 100 percent charisma and screen presence with terribley not to much depth to him, that works very well for movies like Be Cool which he owend in, but in a movie like TDK i feel it would be a little out of place, because like in Begins these movies are all about Depth, where as a Spiderman could pass for a charismatic villan because of the more comic book feel to it (definatly not saying this is a bad thing because i believe Begins and Spiderman are both very close in quality a top the superhero food chain, they just have different styles which makes them unique)

Now, if this has any legs to it whatsoever, and lets assume for the momment he would end up being Dent, i wouldn't nessecarly be against it, but i would be more or less confused as to what they think they can get out of the Rock that they can't out of maybe a better method actor...but i would definatly let it play out first

Harvey Dent giving the Joker the Rock Bottom and then the People's Elbow might be kinda cool......

No offense to the Rock because he seems like a cool guy but Im still taking awhile taking him seriously as actor.
It wont help if I will be snickering a lot in TDK.
He's being deemed as the next Arnold S. so hate to have bad memories from Arnold's Mr.Freeze.

I'm pretty fine with The Rock as Harvey.
I am a big Rock fan and he can really act.
It's not like his acting chops are like Hulk Hogan.

The only problem I see is that he's not white, but who cares about that?
I don't. He also has lost a nice amount of weight, so he isn't some diesel guy like he was during the 'Attitude' era in WWE.

He isn't my first choice, but if push came to shove, I wouldn't be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"