• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Spoilers Ahoy! (Yep. Really.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we possibly get any more info on new cops in TDK? Like a certain "Latin female" that was rumoured last year

And why would it freak the bank manager out? I'd giggle at something that stupid.
Well, I would be freaked out by a crazy with a gun and clown make-up on. A lot. Maybe not enough to have the bank manager's reaction, but ya never know. Admittedly, it would be much freakier if the clownish appearance didn't come from make-up, and makes a lot more sense with the scene as presented in the sides (I mean, if it was just make-up... why put it on that day and then wear a clown mask over it?).

What with the conflicting reports, this stinks of WB/Nolan having a little fun at the fans' expense.

Isn't it funny how we have so much information about this movie (maybe too much), but yet, it feels like we don't really have anything?

Like, we know so much, we've seen pictures of Ledger in costume, we've seen script sides, we know all about the casting, and supposedly Joker's look..... but yet we know so little.

Isn't that weird? I just thought I'd share it... There's so much, but yet there's nothing. :dry:

There is no spoon, I guess.

The dreadful concept of The Joker applying his own makeup sounds like it is a work of the imagination of a thirteen year old message-board user and swivel-chair-director from middle America who thinks that Saw is a proper horror film and that his sister's knickers are captivating.

/anger]

@reg--Exactly, and I do think this news is wrong. Here's why...

It contradicts news we got before about the Joker and the fact that his skin would be a sickly grey, as if by acid burns to his skin.

The dreadful concept of The Joker applying his own makeup sounds like it is a work of the imagination of a thirteen year old message-board user and swivel-chair-director from middle America who thinks that Saw is a proper horror film and that his sister's knickers are captivating.

/anger]
So true.

A Nightmare on Elm Street; Evil Dead;

Anyway, going back IT, the idea's lame and I don't trust Jett or the source on this one.

Unless they are total lies/misdirection, I believe the sides over anything else, at least until something official is released.

We know, for one, that the bank manager is horrified by what he sees when Joker removes the mask. Compare this to a similar scene where the cop is tied up, and comments on "his smile," clearly horrified in much the same way.

We don't know where the second side takes place in the story, but these similar reactions imply that the Joker's look is more than just applied makeup. Clearly, he's a freak - and I think Nolan is smart enough to realize that the inherent qualities of Joker (bleached skin, large smile, etc.) shouldn't be fooled around with.

Also, on another note - anyone seeing the parallels between the rumors and Batman #1? I guess Nolan and Crew weren't kidding when they said they'd draw from it for inspiraition. For instance...

- According to the sides, Joker and Co. steal police uniforms - in Batman #1, Joker disgusies himself as a cop (and Joker also covers himself in plain makeup to cover his skin and hair.)

- According to the rumors, Joker and Batman get in a tussle which seriously angers the Joker (at least according to Anjow's source.) In Batman #1, Joker and Batman get in an initial fight which further drives the Joker on, attacking Robin in the process.

- In TDK, Batman's suit is apparently weighed down at some point with water, which forces him to change the suit design. In Batman #1, Joker throws Batman off a bridge into a river, and there are a few scenes underwater.

Wonder what else they'll mirror?

Sounds like junk to me. We have that picture of Ledger in make-up. There's no huge clown smile from mid-cheekbone to mid-cheekbone.
we are nto 100% sure if this is ledger in make-up.

His suit is made of Nomex, and is a Military Survival Suit. If something was knife and bullet proof, wouldn't it be water-proof too?

I have no doubt that the BOF report is merely some extra over exaggerating a sight that he only got a glimpse of. Every other shred of evidence points to anything but a make-up faced Joker, including multiple reports by BOF.

Wasn't Five Way Revenge another influence? Maybe they'll have Joker dispose of his goons. From those Chicago videos it looked like Joker was the only one that escaped from the bank

Unless they are total lies/misdirection, I believe the sides over anything else, at least until something official is released.

We know, for one, that the bank manager is horrified by what he sees when Joker removes the mask. Compare this to a similar scene where the cop is tied up, and comments on "his smile," clearly horrified in much the same way.

We don't know where the second side takes place in the story, but these similar reactions imply that the Joker's look is more than just applied makeup. Clearly, he's a freak - and I think Nolan is smart enough to realize that the inherent qualities of Joker (bleached skin, large smile, etc.) shouldn't be fooled around with.

Also, on another note - anyone seeing the parallels between the rumors and Batman #1? I guess Nolan and Crew weren't kidding when they said they'd draw from it for inspiraition. For instance...

- According to the sides, Joker and Co. steal police uniforms - in Batman #1, Joker disgusies himself as a cop (and Joker also covers himself in plain makeup to cover his skin and hair.)

- According to the rumors, Joker and Batman get in a tussle which seriously angers the Joker (at least according to Anjow's source.) In Batman #1, Joker and Batman get in an initial fight which further drives the Joker on, attacking Robin in the process.

- In TDK, Batman's suit is apparently weighed down at some point with water, which forces him to change the suit design. In Batman #1, Joker throws Batman off a bridge into a river, and there are a few scenes underwater.

Good analysis.

Anyone wondering if the "zip line" injury occurs in the bank scene we already heard so much about?

For some reason in my head I established this as being early on in the movie... I have absolutely no proof of this. But at first I thought it was a bad idea because that would be really premature ejaculation as far as setting up the Joker as kick-ass.

Then I remembered that this is probably a quarter to a third of the way into the movie. The Joker starts as Joker and just goes crazier. They may not even meet face to face until halfway through.

Heh... "Face to face..." so many puns available..

Please let all of this be false. PLEASE!! I dont want a cut-smiled Joker who puts on his own make-up. That's terrible.

WB needs to get a picture out NOW!!! Seriously, I cant be the only one who just lost tons of anticipation for this film after this news. Just lets us see whether this is true or not, so I can either stop worrying, or learn to accept this crap.

His suit is made of Nomex, and is a Military Survival Suit. If something was knife and bullet proof, wouldn't it be water-proof too?

The suit in BB didn't look like Nomex at all. It looked like Kevlar/Carbon-fiber material, hence the line about the "kevlar bi-weave. When I was in the Army as a tank crewmember, we wore Nomex jumpsuits as standard issue, similar to flightsuits in nature. They look like regular cloth, yet are employed for their fire-******ant capability. I think they just wanted to make it technical sounding with real words instead of techno-babble ala Star Trek. Nomex is not waterproof. Gore-Tex is though.

Now, we know how Joker will kill Loeb.

Please let all of this be false. PLEASE!! I dont want a cut-smiled Joker who puts on his own make-up. That's terrible.

WB needs to get a picture out NOW!!! Seriously, I cant be the only one who just lost tons of anticipation for this film after this news. Just lets us see whether this is true or not, so I can either stop worrying, or learn to accept this crap.

I'm with you.

I don't want the self-applied makeup, that's for goddamn sure. As far as the cut smile goes I think it could be handled in a very cool way, but self-applied make-up? The hell with that.

I really hope this Chicago Extra guy is full of crap.

I don't want the self-applied makeup, that's for goddamn sure. As far as the cut smile goes I think it could be handled in a very cool way, but self-applied make-up? The hell with that.

I really hope this Chicago Extra guy is full of crap.

Self applied makeup is no bueno.....:down

What makes you think he will have applid make up? He puts on make up to blend in, but not to be the joker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"