The Dark Knight Spoilers Ahoy! (Yep. Really.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whee EU. I just came back from a week in Italy, and that place has seriously kickass food and art. :up:

Well, tension is needed to keep the zipline straight (instead of just like, hanging there like an unused jumprope) and Batman supposedly cuts it with a Batarang when the Joker is trying to get on it. The zipline snaps back into his face and...yeah. Pretty nasty cut there, I would imagine.

Heh, Miranda elevates all of the women on the batforums to a higher level. :D Goooo us fangirls! I dunno if I'd be able to take getting all of the scoops and organizing them for SHH consumption though, so she's more of a fangirl than me. :up:
if this is true then ................:wow:

Regarding the Joker and the scarring that takes place:

Batman in his first encounter with Mr J inadvertantly cause a massive gash on his face. The Joker is fleeing a crime scene via a metallic zip wire (kinda lika like the one we saw during Chicago filming.) Batman chucks a batarang at it whilst Joker is attempting to attach himself to it, causing it to snap back and gash his face. This may change, though, as I believe there was some issue about whether it was practical or not.

I do want to stress, Heath IS the Joker from the movies opening shot. However, his character becomes more and more demented as the film progresses.

I don't know. Sounds a bit Doctor Doom-ish.

I don't know. Sounds a bit Doctor Doom-ish.
It's only Doom-ish if it creates some type of hatred between Batman and Joker. Doom hardly has a trademark on all injuries to the face.

Sounds amazing! Really glad Scarecrow is in TDK. Can't wait for the Scarecrow/Joker scene.

Take note Joel Schumacher and Sam Raimi, Mr. Nolan will show you how to use multiple villains and still not make it too crowed...

BB- Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul, Falconi, Mr Zsasz(kind of...)
TDK- Joker, Scarecrow, Sal Maroni, Two-Face(possibly)

I've updated the original post to include some information regarding the Joker's look, other villians and Selina Kyle. :)

One question, Miranda: Is the bank robbery which was shot in Chicago the one which Gordon mentions at the end of Batman Begins?

*To myself* Be strong, don't read the spoilers :(

From the sound of it, there's a good possibility that the 'gash' on Joker's face creates some kind of an extended smile along the lines of the Bermejo Joker:

jokerbermejomanipcopyqf7.jpg

KICK ASS.

Great scoop, Fox.

I've updated the original post to include some information regarding the Joker's look, other villians and Selina Kyle. :)
The Selina bit is fantastic news, but the fact that the Joker's going to look closer to Bermejo... I dunno. I'll wait to see what that really means.

Nice! I can live with the Bermejo look....just as long as he doesn't have a permanent grin as Nicholson did. The gashes on the sides of his mouth would be cool though.

Regarding Selina....I personally have not been a big fan of introducing her into this Nolan trilogy. After his trilogy take if they decide to do more Bat films...then it would be cool to see her in the future.....but I would much rather see the Nolans go with introducing Talia Al Ghul with her using the cover of Lady Shiva to seek vengeance on the Dark Knight.....but she ends up falling in love with him. I just want to see a new femme fatale that we haven't seen onscreen before.

Damn, I can sense the ninjas on the prowl for your "source" Miranda! LOL
:ninja:

The Selina bit is fantastic news, but the fact that the Joker's going to look closer to Bermejo... I dunno. I'll wait to see what that really means.

*nods* I doubt it'll look exactly the same - which is no knock at Bermejo, I just can't see WB signing off on something that extreme.

Regarding Selina....I personally have not been a big fan of introducing her into this Nolan trilogy. After his trilogy take if they decide to do more Bat films...then it would be cool to see her in the future.....but I would much rather see the Nolans go with introducing Talia Al Ghul with her using the cover of Lady Shiva to seek vengeance on the Dark Knight.....but she ends up falling in love with him. I just want to see a new femme fatale that we haven't seen onscreen before.

I see your point but damn...I like Selina! Even if it was just Selina, I'd be happy. :woot:

Miranda, that just made my day!

:) :up:

Nice! I can live with the Bermejo look....just as long as he doesn't have a permanent grin as Nicholson did. The gashes on the sides of his mouth would be cool though.

Damn, I can sense the ninjas on the hunt for your "source" Miranda! LOL
:ninja:
But see, this Nolan is quite smart for doing what he does. Hre introduces her so that, if he needs to later on, he can bring her into the story. This is why he will not kill off villains, and this is why he did not technically show Ra's dying. Unlike all the directors who took up Batman before him, he gets the part about not killing off the villains because there is always a way to use them. See scarecrow, man, Joker and scarecrow in the same movie. That right there tells you it will be dark. I recall B&R killing off the franchise, and it being dead for so long. Then figuring out they were revamping the franchise. I wasn't too excited because like many folks I thought they were gonna do the same thing they did with the previous 2 movies, bat nips and all. I get excited because my most influential super hero growing up is getting a proper portrayal, and the world that we are given in this new franchise is both awesome and wonderous.

I digress though..Moral of the story:I trust Nolan because he hasn't given me any reason not to at all so far. Anyyways, I'm just glad he is putting the villains/Batman to use. We are getting a Gotham that is as close to comics as it's ever been, and I think it is smart that they mention all the villans...even if they will not be shown.

*nods* I doubt it'll look exactly the same - which is no knock at Bermejo, I just can't see WB signing off on something that extreme.

I see your point but damn...I like Selina! Even if it was just Selina, I'd be happy. :woot:

I agree Miranda, it is highly doubtful it will look exactly like Bermejo's, but there will be elements there that will bring that drawing to mind. I'm kinda warming up to a cut smile, granting he doesn't do it himself (which looks like it won't be, and the idea of it being Batman's fault is all the more ironic, he made the Joker the Joker, and that smile is metaphorical for it all), and that it isn't over the top. The one done on that other Joker drawing in this thread looks really good. Cut/scarred red lips, with an emphasized smile. Though I do doubt it will be as extreme as both the Bermejo and the drawing I just mentioned are. Those make up guys are pros though so I'm not even worrying about them doing a bad job. you better believe they are taking care of the Joker character because it is so vital to the franchise's success.

Wow bermejo's joker I don't like that idea at all, but as you said i don't think WB will let something that gruesome onscreen(pg-13+kids=money)

But I'll have to see. The selina bit sounds good its probably just a nod or a hint of part 3 though.

Thanks again miranda:yay: and keep spoiling us:woot:

i seriously dont get the hangup on the "gash-smile". for me, i think it adds to Joker's "morbid sense of humor" (no pun intended:cwink:). also, with Cillian back in the mix, that makes Joker's character much more intimidating. i loved what Nolan did with the fear gas-Batman in Begins, so I can't wait to see what Joker will look like to a Scarecrow on a fear-gas-trip :woot:

i SO can't wait for this movie!!

Yeah....I'll watch the films multiple times and love em regardless in the end! :word:

You know, it was also said that his time will be less, but he will be far more dramatic. Makes sense then that he is not at all crane, but all scarecrow now. Yay for fire breathing horses! Also, I wonder what the tazer did to his face??? So many questions, will Scarecrow and Joker work together? Will they get in each others way? Will crane help him with his Joker Venom? So many questions, and man I really hope that Joker pic gets released at the end of this month as was mentioned.

Wow bermejo's joker I don't like that idea at all, but as you said i don't think WB will let something that gruesome onscreen(pg-13+kids=money)
Well, yeah. WB's going to put some limits on that. But THE DARK KNIGHT is really shaping up to be a more adult and darker film than the first... I wonder whether that will limit its success to some degree or not. I'm all for it, but it's not going to put it in the Spider-man crowd.

The selina bit sounds good its probably just a nod or a hint of part 3 though.
Yeah, but that's enough to get me excited. I want her in BB3 so badly. She's the only really great love interest for Bruce Wayne/Batman (Talia's okay and all, but she doesn't even come close). Given that we already have Ra's, the Joker, and Two-Face in this franchise, she's all that's needed to make this franchise complete for me.

man . . . I love me some spoilers, but to be honest, I'm kind of sad that I won't be surprised by some of these juicy-sounding plot elements :(

I think this whole Joker scar thing is utter bull****. It's like something a 14 year old would come up with. Far too gimmicky for Nolan.

Well, yeah. WB's going to put some limits on that. But THE DARK KNIGHT is really shaping up to be a more adult and darker film than the first... I wonder whether that will limit its success to some degree or not. I'm all for it, but it's not going to put it in the Spider-man crowd.

Yeah, but that's enough to get me excited. I want her in BB3 so badly. She's the only really great love interest for Bruce Wayne/Batman (Talia's okay and all, but she doesn't even come close). Given that we already have Ra's, the Joker, and Two-Face in this franchise, she's all that's needed to make this franchise complete for me.

Oh Iam excited too I wasn't saying nor impliying that i wasn't. Selina is the greatest love interest bruce has ever had and in terms of the adultnnes and seriousnes of this film, I think that it will be more adult specially with jonah nolan writting the script and probably avoiding cheesy one liners as much as possible. But yes i think it will affect the box office but at the same time we have the Jman so maybe his popularity will bring the audience in We'll have to wait.

I think this whole Joker scar thing is utter bull****. It's like something a 14 year old would come up with. Far too gimmicky for Nolan.
Since two separate sources, each vouched for by respected members on this board, have both indicated such an event, I'd count on it being true. If you don't like it, fine... but I'm fairly confidence in its legitimacy.

It would also explain all the rumors about Nolan trying to get really gruesome Joker concepts by WB, and them continually telling him to tone it down. And as far as being "gimmicky" - I dunno, we know so little about it. We don't even know what the scarring will be like.

There ain't no way a zip line would cause a minor gash to the Joker's face. There would me more damage to Joker.

Well, it's nice to have news. Can't say I'm that positive about it, though.

- I just don't approve of Bermejo's work as a visual source for The Joker. I think it just misses the point.

- Rachel really shouldn't have a bigger role. I think Maggie Gyllenhall is a far better actress than Katie Holmes, but I could really live without the character altogether.

- I am concerned about overcrowding in the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"