Superman Returns SR fans......its the little things........

AVEITWITHJAMON

Badass Cloud
Reaction score
......that make me love this movie, i dont know about other SR fans but i'll give a few examples of what i mean:

Lois looking out the window of the plane and seeing Supes zoom by.

The God-like music when Superman flys through the second wing.

One moment I really like is when Superman flies away after hearing Lois tell Richard she never loved him, with the voice of Jor-El saying how he is not one of them.(Added by Spoarz TM)

When Clarke drops his glasses at the planet and Lois gives him them back without looking up, and his subsequent look when putting them back on.

"You wrote that the world doesnt need a saviour, but every day i hear people crying for one."

Superman floating in space listening out for a cry for help.

The look Superman gives Kitty through the back window of her car when he saves her.

Superman fighting back against Lex on New Krypton despite not having his powers.

Another is just after Superman has just been rescued by Lois, Richard and Jason on the plane, as he leaves to go back to the new Krypton, just before he steps out of the plane, he says 'Goodbye Lois'. (Added by Spoarz TM)

His journey above the clouds to be bathed in sunlight (i especially love this moment).

His unconscious descent from the sky and the people of Metropolis stood totally still watching it.

The needle bending in the hospital when they try to treat him.

Jason's kiss to Superman's head while he sleeps in hospital.

And his emotional speech to Jason while he slept.

And one that really comes to fore on repeat viewings is Clark's mother saying "Clark the universe is a big place, you dont know who's out there, and even if you are the last....your not alone."

I think it is these little parts that make Superman Returns a really good movie, and not the huge action sequences, though they are great. Its these little things that give the movie the heart it has. Anyone else agree?

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I think it is these little parts that make Superman Returns a really good movie, and not the huge action sequences, though they are great. Its these little things that give the movie the heart it has. Anyone else agree?
Or lack thereof.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
......that make me love this movie, i dont know about other SR fans but i'll give a few examples of what i mean:

When Clarke drops his glasses at the planet and Lois gives him them back without looking up, and his subsequent look when putting them back on.

"You wrote that the world doesnt need a saviour, but every day i hear people crying for one."

The look Superman gives Kitty through the back window of her car when he saves her.

Superman fighting back against Lex on New Krypton despite not having his powers.

His journey above the clouds to be bathed in sunlight (i especially love this moment).

His fall from the sky and the people of Metropolis stood totally still watching it.

That's too EMO for my taste, dude.
Now, go back to watching Sweet November with your girlfriend.

Great points, all around. That is the movie's heart. Sadly, some just like to make EMO or SENSITIVITY jokes to those who liked the film, displaying their own insensitivity.

Whose problem is it then? Certainly, not ours.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:

His fall from the sky and the people of Metropolis stood totally still watching it.

I agree on these ones particularly the one i bolded,SR has some of the best images and moments of any comic book film IMO

AVEITWITHJAMON said:

Lois looking out the window of the plane and seeing Supes zoom by (music here rules)

"You wrote that the world doesnt need a saviour, but every day i hear people crying for one." I love this as welll

Superman floating in space listening out for a cry for help. MONEY SHOT. I thought was totally awesome with OTTMAN"S SCORE.

The look Superman gives Kitty through the back window of her car when he saves her. "Are you allright miss?" Sounded like Reeve there...:up:

Superman fighting back against Lex on New Krypton despite not having his powers. BIG plot point people missed. He's stuck with Krptonite, on a Kryptonite island, yet still tries to fight back (until near death).

His journey above the clouds to be bathed in sunlight (i especially love this moment). Very cool moment.

Jason's kiss to Superman's head while he sleeps in hospital. Yup. I liked him looking at Kal-el's suit as well...

And his emotional speech to Jason while he slept. VERY COOL.

I think we're in the minority here....Probably because I think a lot of MEN got the movie, but the little fan boys didn't (want non-stop over done action/violence).

I've been a Superman fan since the late 70's (when I saw Chris Reeve/Brando), and Returns is my favorite out of all of them...It's a morer ealistic portrayal of Superman...

*sigh*
Y'know it's so weary in here with the lines drawn,i hear the term "fanboy" touted around a lot but i see just as many SR fanboy's as i do comic fanboy's and all are as unrelenting and unobjective as each other

I'm glad i wasnt the only one who noticed how cool these little moments were.

BTW, what does EMO mean?

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Okay, how the **** does that relate to this thread?

You asked what Emo meant that's why i posted the link:confused:

hunter rider said:
You asked what Emo meant that's why i posted the link:confused:

Oh sorry Hunter, it was someone else who said that my feelings towards this movie are EMO because of my first post.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Oh sorry Hunter, it was someone else who said that my feelings towards this movie are EMO because of my first post.

No problem

I didn't get an Emo vibe from you on the first post at all,i got someone who liked the movie and saw lots of great moments that he loved,that's a film fan to me

hunter rider said:
No problem

I didn't get an Emo vibe from you on the first post at all,i got someone who liked the movie and saw lots of great moments that he loved,that's a film fan to me

Well yeah i was questioning the person who said it but i forgot i had quoted your post, my mistake sorry :O

The scene with Jason at the end was the most touching. Superman looking at his with pride and assurance. Why? Because not only did he have someone who's just like him, but he has his connection to humanity back, and this time through blood. It looked as if Kal-El's eyes were going to well up with tears. Routh's best scene and the one that told me he was the right man to don the cape.

When Superman dove towards the plane as it plummeted towards the baseball stadium, they cut to the craziness and panic going in the plane. The last shot has the stewardist laying on the floor of the plane with her hands in a prayer position. From there it moves to the shot of Superman darting after the plane with the choir music in full force.

bosef982 said:
Great points, all around. That is the movie's heart. Sadly, some just like to make EMO or SENSITIVITY jokes to those who liked the film, displaying their own insensitivity.

Whose problem is it then? Certainly, not ours.

Obviously you don't know what Superman is about, do you?

Kabuki_Jo said:
Obviously you don't know what Superman is about, do you?

It's about a being coming from another world to save another. It's about heroism and doing the right thing. At the same time, it's also about someone who protects a race of people that he wants to be part of, but never will, even if he does walk among them.

I am not sure what is wrong with telling an emotional superhero story? It wasn't because the story was emotional that it didn't resonate with general public, it was because there wasn't enough action or a supervillian action to balance it out. This is what pleases "General Joe Public".

I for one, thought the movie was fine without it, but the proof is in the proverbial box office pudding.

All those little moments were good, its just a pity that the film as a whole didnt work as well as it should have.

Some great moments in there though :up:

AVEITWITHJAMON said:

^ That's a great list of moments in the film. I totally agree with you dude, I loved the movie.

One moment I really like is when Superman flies away after hearing Lois tell Richard she never loved him, with the voice of Jor-El saying how he is not one of them.

Another is just after Superman has just been rescued by Lois, Richard and Jason on the plane, as he leaves to go back to the new Krypton, just before he steps out of the plane, he says 'Goodbye Lois'.

spoarz_tm said:
^ That's a great list of moments in the film. I totally agree with you dude, I loved the movie.

One moment I really like is when Superman flies away after hearing Lois tell Richard she never loved him, with the voice of Jor-El saying how he is not one of them.

Another is just after Superman has just been rescued by Lois, Richard and Jason on the plane, as he leaves to go back to the new Krypton, just before he steps out of the plane, he says 'Goodbye Lois'.

Thanks, but you have pointed out two scenes that i cant believe i didnt add to my list, especially the first one you mentioned, i loved that scene.

Both your scene's and mine are the types of scene that make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"