• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

SS Voice in full trailer vs new tv spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malus said:
I motion this thread be closed pending any actual new information on this mystery. This is just going in freakin' circles.

Yeah, it has run its course hasn't it?

Presto!

In two weeks you'll see that I'm right. I realize you all love Doug Jones (hey, who doesn't?) and that you want Fishburne to sound like crap, but if you listen to these three clips with an open mind you will realize that the voice from the full trailer is Fishburne's.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UUKMGEqpA6Q (Fishburne in "Bobby.")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4_2jw4v704 (Fishburne in Heroes TV Spot)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-5QQ0AA2co&mode=related&search= (Fishburne in trailer)

I'm sorry, but it's plainly obvious that all these voices are the same man.

Hell, ignore the clips entirely, if you like, and look at the chain of events from a logical standpoint:

1. Full trailer comes out, and you incorrectly assume the voice is Doug's, even though it is obviously Fishburne's.

2. TV Spot comes out with a different version of the same line. This is not unheard of, but naturally fanboys assume this new reading is that of the evil Fishburne.

3. All future material features the original voice, and new lines that sound like the original voice are heard. Fanboys assume their "backlash" caused the studio to dump Fishburne in favour of Jones.

Does that honestly seem like a realistic scenario to you? That they would ditch Fishburne after the reaction to ONE LINE from a SINGLE TV spot? That they ditched the actor they auditioned, cast, and recorded because of some forumers? Doesn't it seem more plausible that the voice in the TV spot was a placeholder because that spot was edited together before Fishburne recorded his lines? Or perhaps that it was just an alternate recording of Fishubrne? The idea that his voice as been significantly altered via computers is equally unlikely (especially since the voice sounds exactly like Fishburne).

I suppose you're probably the same group of people who insisted that Christian Bale's Batman voice was created through computer distortion. After all, it's not like actors have the ability to speak differently from role to role.
While you have never had any doubt, there are those of us here who did. At no time have I ever wished Fishburne to sound like crap. I have noted that he did sound like crap when they went with the deeper voice since it didn't suit SS at all. And while it burns my biscuits that Fox has been jerking Doug around and treating him like crap, I only want what's best for the movie and SS. I would love it if Fox would just come clean about Doug's role in this movie and what he really did and what Specral Motion did as well. I'd also would have loved it if Fishburne had been a gentleman and refused to take credit for a role he didn't create, but obviously Fishburne feels differently and I'll end it there since things are very likely to go downhill from here.

>^^<

While you have never had any doubt, there are those of us here who did. At no time have I ever wished Fishburne to sound like crap. I have noted that he did sound like crap when they went with the deeper voice since it didn't suit SS at all. And while it burns my biscuits that Fox has been jerking Doug around and treating him like crap, I only want what's best for the movie and SS. I would love it if Fox would just come clean about Doug's role in this movie and what he really did and what Specral Motion did as well. I'd also would have loved it if Fishburne had been a gentleman and refused to take credit for a role he didn't create, but obviously Fishburne feels differently and I'll end it there since things are very likely to go downhill from here.

>^^<

I've read quite a bit over the last few weeks about Fishburne, and the fact that he is talked about by directors, producers, and other actors as a professional, actors actor, and respectful tells me he is a gentlemen....I don't rate that by whether or not he takes credit for a character he has been asked to voice, or portray on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"