• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

SS Voice in full trailer vs new tv spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Julian has spoke about it in interviews...
Ah, in that case, it could be for Doom's time on the board, but I've got to wonder about something. Why use a different rig for Julian than the one for Doug? Wouldn't it make sense to use the same set up but only make it adjustable?

>^^<

For motion capture they don't really need to film anything; the capture suit is laden with sensors that send motion info straight into the computer for the CGI animators to use with their models. In this case though the kit does seem intended for the camera as he is wearing a green suit of the type used for filming (also has a few little red dots for animation indicators, as does the still pic I saw of Doom in armor, btw).

Whatever the case, if this wasn't for this film I am curious as to what it was intended for. Hell, maybe it was for Doom..we know he gets to ride the board for a time...:cwink:

Well, what I CAN tell you is that Doug wore his Spectral suit at all times during his shots. And when you DO see a completely CG Surfer (yes, there are some :D!) he was cyber-scanned so his physical build and look as the Surfer could be used in those. WETA even managed to copy Doug's movements, bless their genius hearts, for those shots, the same as was done for the CG 'Abe Sapien' in HELLBOY. No mo-cap there, either.

BTW, the new TV spot voice - that's Laurence Fishburne. Totally. And gosh, I hate to say this and I don't mean to be snippy, but I find it rather distracting - good, but distracting. I felt the same when 'Abe' was voiced by David Hyde Pierce - and before you say anything, I'd never heard Doug speak at that point - hell, I didn't actually meet him until a few days later. But what the hell. Mr. Fishburne sounds great, and I'm sure the combi-Surfer will be brilliant. Whatever my opinions, give Fox their due, they're trying to do what they think is best for the character.

HM

Ok, just saw the exclusive that they had with Heros and they're back to that god awful deep voice again. ERG!

>^^<

...I don't know if they were experimenting with a deeper voice for that one tv spot or what. the new tv spot has the trailer voice and it's not in HD or anything so that excuse is proven wrong....

You still don't get it, those new TV spots were released by FOX, not recorded off TV. It's not like this is difficult to understand :huh: :huh:

Doesn't matter though because it seems that everyone has basicaly agreed that it was Laurences voice for all the trailers/tv spots.

BTW the 5 new TV spots kicked ass, I'm very pleased they didn't show any Doom.

Sorry Doug fans, I heard the voice and it wasn't that deep and I thought it worked fine for the Surfer. And probably 99.9 percent of the film going audience couldn't care less so it's time to move on to other things. Like Doom's new armor. Now that's important...:woot:

I imagine the voice in the "Heroes" clip is the voice.
I thought it was a nice balance between the soft and deep voices.

Sorry Doug fans, I heard the voice and it wasn't that deep and I thought it worked fine for the Surfer. And probably 99.9 percent of the film going audience couldn't care less so it's time to move on to other things. Like Doom's new armor. Now that's important...:woot:
No, no, no, Alba's wig and the Thing's eyebrow, now that's important.:cwink::oldrazz::woot:

>^^<

I imagine the voice in the "Heroes" clip is the voice.
I thought it was a nice balance between the soft and deep voices.
His first line was still too deep, but the second one was a bit better. I still find it hard that a voice that deep could come out of that chest. They either need to give SS a bigger chest or a slightly higher voice.

>^^<

I saw the clip and I for one thought Laurence's take sounded fine.

We have to remember people, that the Silver Surfer is very much a demigod--a supremely powerful, celestial being. Therefore, his voice should reflect sheer power when necessary, as well as the humble mix of humanity when he's touched emotionally. A weaker, wispy voice to me would be mismatched for a being that wields such energy, because those of us who read the comics know that the Surfer can kick serious arse...with no apologies. His voice should be godlike, intimidating for first encounters, and this works in my opinion.

I think the whole reason some expect a softer, more feminine voice is because of the way the Surfer sounded on the old FF cartoon series from the 90's. I don't believe that's appropriate now. :down

I saw the clip and I for one thought Laurence's take sounded fine.

We have to remember people, that the Silver Surfer is very much a demigod--a supremely powerful, celestial being. Therefore, his voice should reflect sheer power when necessary, as well as the humble mix of humanity when he's touched emotionally. A weaker, wispy voice to me would be mismatched for a being that wields such energy, because those of us who read the comics know that the Surfer can kick serious arse...with no apologies. His voice should be godlike, intimidating for first encounters, and this works in my opinion.

I think the whole reason some expect a softer, more feminine voice is because of the way the Surfer sounded on the old FF cartoon series from the 90's. I don't believe that's appropriate now. :down
I'm not saying he should have a feminine voice, I'm just saying that Fishburne needs to lighten up a bit with the voice. Right now it sounds like someone else is making the voice, not Silver Surfer. Just raise the pitch a couple of notes and it should be good.

>^^<

I disagree. I thought Silver Surfer's voice in the animated series was excellent. Noble, yet compassionate. Especially in the episode "Doomsday."

In my opinion after watching the sneak peak with Heroes is that Laurence's voice does not match what the Surfer looks like.

It doesn't sound natural.

This is only after watching 2 lines that went by fast, so it may sound better in the film. Or it may not.

What the hell is going on then because the voice was the same as the trailer in the new TV spots. I've seen it on youtube and hd and it sounds fine but tvspot 2 does not sound fine. The others are all ok. I thought maybe it could be the same as the Ghost Rider voice which sounded like crap on youtube but pretty damn cool on HD and int he theatres but there is a difference in TV spot 2 and the others. I did NOT see the heroes preview. Was that just the 4 tv spots or something else???

I dig what they did with the voice. Like a mini-Galactus. :up:

Hopefully computers can make it like the trailer. A deep voice attached to the Surfer like that sucks ballage.

Hopefully computers can make it like the trailer. A deep voice attached to the Surfer like that sucks ballage.

If they're going to have to digitally alter the voice then what the heck did they hire Mr. Fishburne for? OOPS! Sorry - suddenly remembered ... he's supposed to put the film 'on the map,' as it were. But if you can't tell it's him then why bother? Ah well - I suppose Fox know what's best ... ;)

HM

I'm getting used to the deep voice now. It's not that bad at all.

Agreed. It just doesn't sound right and if they keep it then once again Fox has proven that they can't tell their arses from a hole in the ground.

>^^<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back