Discovery Star Trek: Discovery - Part 1

Nice. For some reason I gave up on this but I thought I should give it another go with the latest season and I love it now! So now I’m catching up on season 2 which is so much fun

Yay can’t wait for more. I’ve had the best Star Trek day. Really enjoying it. I wonder if Discovery will ever get a movie?

I'm liking the uniform, better than what they wore when the previous series wrapped!

Yay can’t wait for more. I’ve had the best Star Trek day. Really enjoying it. I wonder if Discovery will ever get a movie?
I doubt any of the current shows will to be honest. Different studios and all that.

If there's another Trek movie, it'll either be a JJ continuation or another reboot

I don’t think the show is popular enough to warrant a movie. Maybe a straight to Paramount+ but that would be kind of pointless when they’re doing a series anyway.

I hope the Queen gets a bigger role this season. Her appearances in season 3 were too few.

I am definitely going to miss the primary grey uniforms w/ the accent colors, I know there's the opinion that they are too bland (which is somewhat valid) but they were the uniforms I enjoyed the most. Plus, they were tied to the Star Trek I loved the most growing up, the movies with Picard & Co. and DS9:
whenitrains_124.jpg

16556358_9.jpg

So it was a nice homage to those uniforms but done with a more modern aesthetic
star-trek-discovery-new-starfleet-uniforms-1251591.jpeg

Although I do understand the why behind the choice to go back to a more color centric uniform moving forward - Season 3 saw the Federation having lost its way or who they were to the galaxy, at the end of the season we see the Discovery crew bring back what the Federation meant to the galaxy and what they stood for or rather the root of the Federation. So narratively, it makes sense for the Federation to embrace its pop of color more from the TOS and TNG days, a nice touch I'd say.
header-discovery-s4-teaser.jpg

38uc77.jpg

Security_team_in_corridor.jpg

Uniforms aside, I hate seeing a Burnham romance every single season, it's always cringing and it always seems forced. It reminds me of the last season of Voyager when the writers forced Chakotay and Seven into a romance that also didn't work.

Looking forward to this season, let's hope it doesn't suck. :up:
The biggest problem I found with the primary grey uniforms was how easy it was to obscure the color. Michael's hair drapped over her shoulder, the framing, the way an actor's oriented in relation to the camera, props etc could too easily obscure the color. The new primary color uniforms don't have that problem. With a glance no matter how the actor is standing, whats around them, or how their hair is you can always clearly tell what their station is on the ship.

I think this is the first time a Michael romance felt natural. She was alone with Book for a year. Fighting to survive and keep each other alive in a hostile galaxy. She had lost everything and everyone. She had to abandon Starfleet and Federation ideals to survive. Makes since she found comfort and security in the only steady constant in her life.

I hope there is less crying in season 4. Towards the end of season 3 the Discovery crew was shedding enough tears to irrigate a small planetoid.

Last edited:
Is Saru first officer now or science officer?

Ok this show needs to give its a rest with the vague doomsday threats. The Red Angel, The Burn, and now The Anomaly.

Ok this show needs to give its a rest with the vague doomsday threats. The Red Angel, The Burn, and now The Anomaly.
Agreed, I would love for them to transition to an episodic season with mini 2/3 parters. They just spent all of last season getting back to what the 'Federation should be' for this galaxy, well then explore that right? Deep dive into what this future you placed this squad in is all about. Where is the Borg? Who are the other captains of these Federation ships we saw last season? What happened with the Klingons? etc. Explore this future. You skipped over post-Voyager for what exactly? This setting is perfect for an episodic season and they choose to have another doomsday threat? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

He left at the end of the last season to reconnect with his culture back on Kamnimar.

I know that, but I was speculating from the new trailer whether he rejoined as first officer because he obviously isn't Captain anymore.

I made it 15 minutes into season 4 episode 1 and had to turn it off.
It is a truly dire show...

This episode was ST:D as usual so it was ok to me. Its been 4 years now and even though Burnham is Captain now they dont really change how she goes about things. I didnt understand why she (or the writers) took Booker down to that planet instead of some of her actual crew and any of those that are trained to interact with new lifeforms. He's more important to the show than anyone on the ship and it continues to annoy me.

Burnham continues to be the most active captain ever where she has to do everything and is in almost every scene proving people wrong. I know I shouldnt but I continue to wait for this to become more of an ensemble show than the Burnham show. If they want Booker to be such an integral character than add him to Starfleet and get rid of other crew members. But I want more of the crew interacting and apart of the larger plots.

Really liked the season premier episode. The new uniforms look great and the story is intriguing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"