Star Trek Into Darkness - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those dates seem correct to me, and as you say the Enterprise April captained in the new timeline, and when he commanded it, is a mystery atm, however what I'm saying is the TOS design (not the NCC-1701 Enterprise, but it's design) was in service when Nero arrived: Starfleet was using that design for about 40 years or so before the TOS 5 year mission (not sure if this ever was stated on film though), which dates it back to around 2220-2225, so it is possible Aprils ship did use that same design.

If they do use it I would guess they will change the number though.

I could see a scenario where in light of the Kelvin's destruction, the Federation was looking to boost morale, and deciding that launching a new Enterprise would be a good way to do that, considering the reputation of the name. Still under the command of April but commissioned a bit earlier, with a different registry number as you said.

I guess you could say that this Enterprise didn't have as illustrious of a career as the original, which is why the current one has the classic number instead of just a letter added on.

Heads up the Star Trek Into Darkness bonus feature app just launched. They will be releasing stuff through it during the superbowl.

The App is not bad

Last edited:
I hope that the Super Bowl spot has more of Cumberbatch's character (actually showing him talking instead of just using voiceovers again).

He speaks telepathically the whole time.

Dun dun dunnnn.

LOL, maybe. Didn't the Talosians do that? Maybe he's one of them, just with a cranium reduction and hair plugs.

Well that looks excellent!

"I am better."
"At what?"
"Everything."

Dayum.

"I am better."
"At what?"
"Everything."
".... *****, I've ****ed entire GALAXIES of women. Top that!"
":csad:"

:o:up:

tumblr_mho0hp9Jr61rkhfspo1_500.gif

tumblr_mho0xr0QdQ1qir88ko1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mho0xr0QdQ1qir88ko2_500.gif

tumblr_mho19dQ9Sx1rkhfspo1_500.gif

tumblr_mho19dQ9Sx1rkhfspo2_500.gif

Cool trailer. The beginning of it is reminiscent of the Avengers trailer though. Cumberbatch sounds like he's Loki.

Loki with an extra pair of testicles, maybe. :o

Love what Cumberbatch is doing with the voice. He really draws you in with it.

People like to rag on how weird-looking Benedict is, but he looks just fiiiine here! :atp:

Also, dat voice! :hrt:

is the extended spot from the app online somewhere ?

The Inception horns are getting a bit much, but I like what I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"