Star Trek Into Darkness - Part 6

Well, to me, I applaud his first Star Trek. It's a fun, fun movie that I tend to go back to. But I thought 'Into Darkness' could've been the evolution of that, you know? Slowly you see the characters grow into the characters we knew (or will know) by the time the movies get into the original series timeline (tangent or not.)

But it's more of the same, especially with Kirk. Not expecting to see him change overnight, but wish he had the more..confident demeanor of Shatner's Kirk. More calm and collective, but still arrogant and funny.

Interesting.. I don't know if we will ever see them grow into the characters from the original timeline. Yes, there are some stark similarities. These are, in fact, the same people. But the "old nature vs nurture" elements are now at play...Kirk DID NOT have his father, Spock has a LOST his mother and his planet. I think we are going to constantly see those elements change the character of the individuals in this "verse".

Off topic but, would you guys want or watch a Khan solo spin off film?

Last edited:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/roberto-orci-star-trek-3-715380

After two movies focused largely on Earth, Roberto Orci is suggesting that Star Trek 3 may finally take Kirk, Spock and the rest of the crew of the Enterprise back out towards the Final Frontier once again.

“The first two films—especially [2009’s Star Trek]—was an origin story,” Orci said on the Humans from Earth with Geoff Boucher podcast. “[The first movie] was about them coming together, so they weren’t the characters they were in the original series. They were growing into them and that continues on in the second movie.”

The third installment of the rebooted franchise, which Orci is tipped to direct, taking over from J.J. Abrams following the latter’s move to Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: Episode VII, will show the Enterprise crew “closer […] to the original series characters than you have ever seen,” the Amazing Spider-Man, Transformers, Star Trek screenwriter and producer said. “They have set off on their five-year mission, so their adventure is going to be in deep space.”
The unnamed third movie will be co-written by Orci, J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay for an intended 2016 release to coincide with the franchise’s 50th anniversary.

They could always do a fourth movie. Where the crew returns home after the give year mission to find Earth in ruins & find out that the Klingons attacked & destroyed the Earth. Without the Enterprise there & the Klingon war effectively begins. Or maybe thats how Star Trek 3 could end. They cant ignore the Klingon setup forever. They gotta do the Klingon thing eventually. Which has been hinted at

Question is, most of these actors, when it comes to franchises only sign on for 3 picture deals as thats usually the most they'll commit to before wanting to move on in their careers. I recall Quinto already saying that 3 will be his last.

So if a 4th film were to be greenlit, I definitely forsee a few recasts.

Question is, most of these actors, when it comes to franchises only sign on for 3 picture deals as thats usually the most they'll commit to before wanting to move on in their careers. I recall Quinto already saying that 3 will be his last.

So if a 4th film were to be greenlit, I definitely forsee a few recasts.

unless he changes his mind

a20791f14769f4cd67f363_l.jpg

a20791f14769f51d01ff3_l.jpg

Varèse Sarabande said:
It’s here! Star Trek fans and Michael Giacchino fans alike have been clamoring for this one! Varèse Sarabande is proud to present our Deluxe Edition 2-CD set of Giacchino’s epic score for Star Trek Into Darkness, now featuring two hours of Michael’s soaring score!

Last summer, before heading to a galaxy far, far away, pioneering director J.J. Abrams delivered an explosive action thriller that took Star Trek Into Darkness. In the wake of a shocking act of terror from within their own organization, the crew of The Enterprise is called back home to Earth. In defiance of regulations and with a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads his crew on a manhunt to capture an unstoppable force of destruction and bring those responsible to justice. As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.

Composer Michael Giacchino — an Academy Award winner for his score for Up — reunited with director J.J. Abrams to steer the Enterprise through its darkest territory yet. This summer Giacchino is represented in theaters by his newest score for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

CDs will begin shipping the week of July 28.

Limited Edition of 6000 copies

Price: $26.98
Catalog #: VCL 0714 1150

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/the-1184/Star-Trek-Into-Darkness-cln-/Detail

I haven't heard any news about the next Star Trek film. Does anyone have any news?

^There was some today, Orci saying in the film the crew will be well into their 5 year mission, and we wont see Earth, which is a good thing if you ask me. 2 movies which heavily involved Earth was getting a little tiresome, cant wait to see stuff in deep space.

^No problem, looks like summer 2016 is the release date they are aiming for as well.

^There was some today, Orci saying in the film the crew will be well into their 5 year mission, and we wont see Earth, which is a good thing if you ask me. 2 movies which heavily involved Earth was getting a little tiresome, cant wait to see stuff in deep space.

I would not mind a game or two. Taking place during the five year mission

The only thing that has me worried at this point is Orci directing, this is a pretty damn big movie to do for your first feature, especially as its the 3rd in a trilogy.

The only thing that has me worried at this point is Orci directing, this is a pretty damn big movie to do for your first feature, especially as its the 3rd in a trilogy.

I am willing to bet that he had to prove his ability to Paramount before he got the job.

^How though? Its not like he could make them a quick ST movie before they hired him. I think this is a big gamble personally.

^How though? Its not like he could make them a quick ST movie before they hired him. I think this is a big gamble personally.

That is probably exactly what he did? He probably went out and shot something to prove to the money people he knows how to direct a movie.

^Even so, its different than directing the 3rd entry of a multi-million dollar franchise that will cost at least $200 million. I hope he does a good movie, I really do, but its a big risk with a franchise such as this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"