Star Trek Into Darkness - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind an animated Star Trek series as long as there is also a live action one. An animated one could be about any era of Trek and could bring in the younger viewers who might not get into the live series because it's too adult for them. With an animated series there could be much more merchandise in the toy aisles for kids. At the moment you see more Star Wars stuff (even when there's no current movie) than Star Trek. That's something that needs to be fixed. I want to be seeing things like Star Trek Lego or Star Trek Angry Birds Jenga as common place.

That said, I don't want an animated series that is only geared towards kids. It can't be dumbed down but needs to be as good as something like Justice League or Avengers:EMH.

If there was a live action series, too, I'd support that. Star Trek has had two live action series on at the same time, so I don't see why they can't have a live action and animated series at once.

But I doubt they would do that. It would probably be one or the other.

I want to be seeing things like Star Trek Lego or Star Trek Angry Birds Jenga as common place.

William Shatner circa the 1980s had the overall shape of a Legoman, so the resemblance would be scarily uncanny.

If there was a live action series, too, I'd support that. Star Trek has had two live action series on at the same time, so I don't see why they can't have a live action and animated series at once.

But I doubt they would do that. It would probably be one or the other.

Quality science fiction is so expensive to film and what with the economics of today, I don't think we will see the heyday of having two Star Trek series running side by side for a long time, if indeed ever.

Quality science fiction is so expensive to film and what with the economics of today, I don't think we will see the heyday of having two Star Trek series running side by side for a long time, if indeed ever.
Even if one was animated?

Maybe. But I would want the quality of animation we got with "Final Fantasy" I don't want cartoony graphics.

We've got ST:TAS for that. :)

Isn't Sulu fairly older than Checkov?

Checkov stated in ST: 09 that he was 17 years old at the time, IIRC.

Not sure of Sulu's age though, but he seems to be a bit older.

Maybe. But I would want the quality of animation we got with "Final Fantasy" I don't want cartoony graphics.

We've got ST:TAS for that. :)

It's obviously not going to look like Filmation. However, even something like Justice League or A:EMH would be fine. It doesn't need to look like a CGI animated movie and would be too expensive to do anyway.

It's obviously not going to look like Filmation. However, even something like Justice League or A:EMH would be fine. It doesn't need to look like a CGI animated movie and would be too expensive to do anyway.
What about one with a style similar to Clone Wars?

I really don't want an animated Trek series since it'll likely skew to a younger audience to some extent or another. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but we've already get a more inclusive, shallower, action adventure focused Star Trek experience through the Abrams films. I'd like something a little bit deeper and more thematically rich from a Trek TV series. Something like TNG or DS9 as opposed to Voyager or Enterprise.

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to move this thread over to the new forum.

after into darkness abrams will definitely pass the torch and while he might be going for star wars after all, i think the Trek will be just fine moving forward.

Personally I as much as I like the first film and am excited for Into Darkness, I welcome the opportunity for the franchise to break free from its current "supreme court."

I have no idea as to who should take over though.

This is friggin ridiculous! We used to have a Bond forum ages ago, then for some reason it got closed and now ST gets its own forum? Who do I have to slap around to sort this nonsense out?

Talk to your fellow Brit, Hunter Rider. :oldrazz:

I hear Brett Ratner is available to direct STAR TREK 3.

I hear Brett Ratner is available to direct STAR TREK 3.

tumblr_lzvjey0zo41qgxqujo1_500.gif

Don't joke about that.... EVER :cmad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"