Star Trek: The Motion Picture--Appreciation Thread

I was in Florida on holiday recently, I went to Kennedy Space Center and was surprised to find they've stolen this film's music and are pumping it through the complex.

Admiral Kirk seeing the 'new' Enterprise for the 1st time :woot:
[YT]GSvV2QTAcHY[/YT]

Enterprise leaving dry dock for the 1st time :woot:
[YT]TdKPPl9GPiE[/YT]

Enterprise final flyby and going to warp at the end :woot:
[YT]VejNZ8ZzSG0[/YT]

Saw this a few weeks back for the first time in my life...Just to get acquainted to the original characters/cast in preparation of the new movie.

I must say, I felt like I wasted 2 hours of my life if I it weren't for this reason. :p

-TNC

I need to re-watch both versions. I honestly don't remember all the differences. :huh:

Mostly special effects and fixes that Robert Wise meant to do but couldn't because of time and budget. They also cut some scenes to help the pacing and extended others.

Mostly special effects and fixes that Robert Wise meant to do but couldn't because of time and budget. They also cut some scenes to help the pacing and extended others.

I know that. I just don't remember what was cut, extended, and fixed.

This is definitley the most boring in the series...
and its the first one. Thats sad...

I like it because it's not the formula of every Star Trek film where there's the bad guy that the captian has to defeat. It's more of a science fiction of the 70's. :)

I like it because it's not the formula of every Star Trek film where there's the bad guy that the captian has to defeat. It's more of a science fiction of the 70's. :)

Yeah, the movie captures the more thought-provoking episodes of the original series. Which is why I guess people find it boring. Not enough things blow up. :cwink:

Kind of cool. It's an elegant film visually and musically, can't say the same for the performances. Took an awfully long time to get to the twist. So...the super advanced machine alien race couldn't be bothered to wipe the grime of VOYAGER?

On to WRATH OF KHAN.

This movie doesn't need to be appreciated. Parts II, III, and VI though. Watch out.

I just re-watched the director's cut. It's pretty good. You guys are haters. :o

Here's a question:

Which version of the movie have you seen? According to IMDb, there is three. There's the theatrical cut, the TV/VHS version :-)huh:), and the director's cut.

Maybe the hate comes from people seeing the wrong version. :huh:

Am re-watching original series and films and new-Trek, all basically. The motion picture wanted to be 2001 with Trek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"