Star Wars - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm completely shocked by this news. It's good news from one aspect meaning there will be more sequels to the movies I really love. It's also bad, because there can be unforeseeable trouble when Lucas passes on with creativity issues, etc. Also over saturating a certain product or film, is not always a good thing.

They probably wont as they've been incredibly open with Marvel fan films and parodies. They haven't cracked down on that at all. Same will probably go for anything Star Wars related.

Disney is keeping every single employee already working at Lucasfilms and as you mentioned Lucas will still have a pretty big influence on decisions like that anyway.

Let's just hope he doesn't have a big enough say to keep Disney from releasing the Original, pre alteration, trilogy on Blu ray; taking it out of the "vault" so to speak.

I'm completely shocked by this news. It's good news from one aspect meaning there will be more sequels to the movies I really love. It's also bad, because there can be unforeseeable trouble when Lucas passes on with creativity issues, etc. Also over saturating a certain product or film, is not always a good thing.

Nobody seems to mind when it's James Bond.

I'm not sure how I feel about this actually, but it was sure a big shock!
To be honest I don't think I wanna see Luke, Leia and everyone else in the new movie. Keep it separate from the previous trilogies and go further into the future and maybe focus on Old Republic era later on or something.
Yeah, i agree. I think my biggest fear is the uncertanty about the story. I just hope it's a good one that has nothing to do with the Skywalker part of the saga we've already seen.

Also, would Williams contribute with the music? i get the feeling they might go with someone new (my god, NOT Zimmer, please!).

For me this is a win-win....More Star Wars...a new movie with potentially the original cast...more amusement park rides

My only question is what will happen to the 3D rereleases and the Clone Wars cartoon

I wouldn't mind the old actors returning. Just keep the focus on their kids like some of the novels.

My wife and I just went to Disneyland a few weeks back and we were already talking about when Disneyland will get a Marvel attraction there. Would be great if it's a new roller coaster of some kind.

My family has always been huge on Disney World (including my wife and I going there on our honeymoon last year). I am jealous that Disneyland will be getting Marvel attractions. I think due to their deal with Universal, no Marvel attractions can be used by Disney east of the Mississippi. They can sell merchandise and all that, but no real attractions. I have never been big on Universal Studios, and didn't LOVE their Marvel stuff at Islands of Adventures last time I went.

While I don't want Marvel or Lucas stuff to start showing up in Magic Kingdom, as I have always viewed that as the more "pure Disney" park, I would love to see more show up in EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, or even Animal Kingdom (like the Avatar attractions they are bringing there soon).

Yeah, i agree. I think my biggest fear is the uncertanty about the story. I just hope it's a good one that has nothing to do with the Skywalker part of the saga we've already seen.

Also, would Williams contribute with the music? i get the feeling they might go with someone new (my god, NOT Zimmer, please!).

it has to have the Williams score

I wouldn't mind the old actors returning. Just keep the focus on their kids like some of the novels.

this...Luke, Leia or Han passing the reins to Jacen, Jaina, Ben and Anakin

My mind just exploded like the Death Star. If this news is true...it's amazing. I felt Lucas should have passed the torch a long time ago....we may finally get an amazing Star Wars film!!!

This is cute

tumblr_mcq695bDe61qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

:woot:

I hope so as well, for all we know we might end up with some great movies, but I fear that if they continue with the Skywalker's and it ends up really bad it's gonna taint the franchise for me, if that makes sense. If they however adapts something from the EU or something original it's not the same thing.

Have you seen the actors lately?They look like they've been rode hard and put up wet. Fisher bless her looks like jabba.

My family has always been huge on Disney World (including my wife and I going there on our honeymoon last year). I am jealous that Disneyland will be getting Marvel attractions. I think due to their deal with Universal, no Marvel attractions can be used by Disney east of the Mississippi. They can sell merchandise and all that, but no real attractions. I have never been big on Universal Studios, and didn't LOVE their Marvel stuff at Islands of Adventures last time I went.

While I don't want Marvel or Lucas stuff to start showing up in Magic Kingdom, as I have always viewed that as the more "pure Disney" park, I would love to see more show up in EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, or even Animal Kingdom (like the Avatar attractions they are bringing there soon).

They're not getting Marvel attractions as of right now. I was saying my wife and I were wondering when they might. If they do, I'm sure Disneyworld would get them as well considering how much larger it is.

I want a knights of the old republic film.

It's a hoax....right?
Afraid not lol

Would they even go with what's already in EU? i think everyonebetter keep an open mind. They might go with something different than what's fans have read in EU...

I dont think they will continue with the 3-D releases if they're gonna go for a new saga, but that's just my opinion. Clone Wars will go on, maybe in a new channel? :huh:

Have you seen the actors lately?They look like they've been rode hard and put up wet. Fisher bless her looks like jabba.

:funny:

Make up can do wonders...that and Fisher losing weight.:woot:

Afraid not lol

Would they even go with what's already in EU? i think everyonebetter keep an open mind. They might go with something different than what's fans have read in EU...

I dont think they will continue with the 3-D releases if they're gonna go for a new saga, but that's just my opinion. Clone Wars will go on, maybe in a new channel? :huh:

Yeah, apparently it is not a hoax. I agree with you. I don't want the expanded universe. Jacen, Jania, thand Anakain Solo....Mara Jade....Thrawn, it has all only ever seemed like glorified fan fiction to me. I don't want to see it adapted.

I'd rather see something entirely new. Set it 1000 years after ANH. Show the golden age of the New Republic. The Star Wars universe is so vast. Why stick to one family?

it has to have the Williams score
My guess - they've got the rights to the Williams music, so they'll probably continue to use his themes and have someone like Giacchino doing the new stuff.

God this feels like a dream and im about to wake up ans realize it was too good to be true. I mean when i first read it i was thinking its not april fools could this be real.

Their returning is a must. I'm not suggesting the new movies make them the main protagonists, but they have got to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"