Star Wars - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, apparently it is not a hoax. Then I am going to say this. I don't want the expanded universe. Jacen, Jania, thand Anakain Solo....Mara Jade....Thrawn, it has all only ever seemed like glorified fan fiction to me. I don't want to see it adapted.

I'd rather see something entirely new. Set it 1000 years after ANH. Show the golden age of the New Republic. The Star Wars universe is so vast. Why stick to one family?

I don't care which route they take it considering I've never read the books/fan fiction. I just remember how so many SW fans have been wanting it to follow the kids for so long.

As long as it's better than the prequels I'll be happy.

Based on what Lucas said here:

It seems as if they'll be based off of his treatments for 7, 8, & 9. So who knows?

Looks like Disney wont do anything with Indiana Jones because of a deal still in place with Paramount

I don't care which route they take it considering I've never read the books/fan fiction. I just remember how so many SW fans have been wanting it to follow the kids for so long.
They shouldnt listen to the fans! some consider awesome ideas what i view as crap, so we're never going to agree lol.

I hope so as well, for all we know we might end up with some great movies, but I fear that if they continue with the Skywalker's and it ends up really bad it's gonna taint the franchise for me, if that makes sense. If they however adapts something from the EU or something original it's not the same thing.
Oh it makes sense, it's how i feel right now as well lol. I'd rather they go for something original, cause while there's good stuff in EU there's also some scary crap out there hahaha.

I think adapting the EU would end up being worse than the prequels, but hey whatevs. What were Georgie-Porgie's ideas for a sequel trilogy, if they were ever made public?

It seems as if they'll be based off of his treatments for 7, 8, & 9. So who knows?

Most scripts are based off of treatments from other people and rarely does the final script retain much of the treatment. I dont expect Lucas to have much of any influence on the final films.

Oh and considering how Disney treats their old films we may get a new 4K remaster of the original trilogy. Disney are good to their films so no more of this halfass **** the films have been subjected to.

They shouldnt listen to the fans! some consider awesome ideas what i view as crap, so we're never going to agree lol.

Oh it makes sense, it's how i feel right now as well lol. I'd rather they go for something original, cause while there's good stuff in EU there's also some scary crap out there hahaha.

I wasn't saying they should listen to the fans. Was just saying that that's what a lot of fans have wanted since the novels have been about the kids and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the route the new movies will take.

Like I said to Matt, I don't care which direction they take it so long as the movies are better than the prequels.

This is, just...WOW. Disney now owns Star Wars. Leia is a Disney princess. The marketing and merchandising potential here is nearly infinite.

Regarding Episode VII: I actually have some faith. The Clone Wars show is excellent, so if they really do spearhead themselves on the "new blood" idea, we can probably end up with something new, fresh and great. My fingers are perpetually crossed, though.

Episode 7 Cast:

Nick Stahl as Luke Skywalker

Aaron Eckhart as Han Solo

aaron_eckhart_01.jpg

Sarah Michelle Gellar as Leia

a5dad900eab0d3be262080413f341299.jpg

Terrence Howard as Lando Calrissian

Deborah Ann Woll as Mara Jade

Jason Issacs as Grand Admiral Thrawn

jason-isaacs-photograph-c12147065.jpeg

Kingdom Hearts 4 to now feature Star Wars characters....lol

im against recasting the original roles

I don't think Lucas is going to have much of a say anymore. He is a "creative consultant." It is like producer-in-name-only. The Mouse wouldn't pay 4.5 billion for anything less than complete control over the property.

Have you seen the actors lately?They look like they've been rode hard and put up wet. Fisher bless her looks like jabba.

ILM can make some realistic looking fish people, they can easily touch up a few wrinkles.

Christian Bale as Grand Admiral Thrawn. No one else is necessary.

No one as Thrawn. If you do an immediate sequel like that it is going to be underwhelming. That has always been the problem with the EU. No one can trump Vader and Palpatine and when writers tried things like cloning Palps it just felt silly. The EU shouldn't even be considered when crafting the stories of the sequel trilogy. It is glorified fan fiction.

I don't think Lucas is going to have much of a say anymore. He is a "creative consultant." It is like producer-in-name-only. The Mouse wouldn't pay 4.5 billion for anything less than complete control over the property.
Time will tell.

While I definitely think Disney will exert influence I also don't think they'll completely throw away Lucas idea. The fact that they decided to keep everyone already employed by Lucasfilms says a lot.

Disney hasn't been a dictator with Marvel and I doubt they'll start being one with Lucasfilms. They're great collaborators more than anything.

im against recasting the original roles
Same here, which is why i hope they go with something fresh, not having to do with any of the characters we've seen in the 6 films so far. Set it 100 years into the future or something like that lol. The old characters could be refferenced, but they dont appear.

Time will tell.

While I definitely think Disney will exert influence I also don't think they'll completely throw away Lucas idea. The fact that they decided to keep everyone already employed by Lucasfilms says a lot.

Disney hasn't been a dictator with Marvel and I doubt they'll start being one with Lucasfilms. They're great collaborators more than anything.
Based on that video interview with Lucas and Kennedy, she sure seems keen on having him as her Yoda lol, so she at least appears will allow him to have his say, and in fact welcomes it. No one knows the SW universe like Lucas, so it would be silly to cast his ideas away.

Last edited:
No one as Thrawn. If you do an immediate sequel like that it is going to be underwhelming. That has always been the problem with the EU. No one can trump Vader and Palpatine and when writers tried things like cloning Palps it just felt silly. The EU shouldn't even be considered when crafting the stories of the sequel trilogy. It is glorified fan fiction.

Don't worry, I don't read the EU. I couldn't give a damn about what's happened outside of the films to be completely honest.

Time will tell.

I don't think Disney is going to clean house or anything. I just don't think that they will treat Lucas with as much....reverence as he is used to. I'm sure they'll involve him and listen to him. But I think that the new writers and director will ultimately have creative control. I don't think that Lucas will be able to dictate where the story goes or anything like that. I think Disney is very well aware of how the prequels have been received (at best it split the fan base) and will look to do something that all fans will love. I don't think they'll take the stubborn (for lack of better wording) approach that Lucas did ("It is MY story, I'll do what I want,"). I just can't see them giving too much heed to him, especially if it comes at the expense of the films. 4.5 billion dollars is too big of a gamble to risk on George Lucas' whims.

I'm also of the mindset of setting it 100 to 1000 years in the future. I'd definitely like to see the impact and effects of the events and characters from 4-6 but I'd also like to see a new threat and a new hope.

I don't think Disney is going to clean house or anything. I just don't think that they will treat Lucas with as much....reverence as he is used to. I'm sure they'll involve him and listen to him. But I think that the new writers and director will ultimately have creative control. I don't think that Lucas will be able to dictate where the story goes or anything like that. I think Disney is very well aware of how the prequels have been received (at best it split the fan base) and will look to do something that all fans will love. I don't think they'll take the stubborn (for lack of better wording) approach that Lucas did ("It is MY story, I'll do what I want,"). I just can't see them giving too much heed to him, especially if it comes at the expense of the films. 4.5 billion dollars is too big of a gamble to risk on George Lucas' whims.
I agree with most of that. :up:

Still think they'll incorporate a number of ideas from Lucas though. Which isn't a bad thing for me at least.

Either way I'm excited. So much potential for some really great stories here.

Last edited:
ILM can make some realistic looking fish people, they can easily touch up a few wrinkles.

Its more than a few films mark hamil and carrie fisher are barely recognizable and dont look like the characters anymore. Id rather they leave them out.

Haha :woot: I haven't read all to much EU but I know there is a lot of stories so I'm not surprised that some might be lacking in quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"