Resistance Star Wars Resistance Discussion Thread

It would've just been better if Ezra, Ahsoka, and Thrawn all died. Still having Ezra and Ahsoka be alive while Luke is fighting the Empire is problematic.

Not if it's adequately explained, which is what Filoni needs to do.

Having Ahsoka being alive while Luke was fighting Darth Vader is problematic as one is going to wonder where she has been and why she didn't aid him.

As for Resistance, it's definitely more inspired by the TIE Fighter anime short film than anything else.

I have to wonder if Resistance comes from the higher ups of both Disney and Lucasfilm who want to promote the sequel trilogy than an animated series that directly follows Rebels with Sabine and Ahsoka.

It's fine and imo fun to wonder why she wasnt there. It certainly leads to speculation and potential storylines which is good for the ever growing canon.

She had her own obligations/journey. If the Force wanted Ahsoka and Ezra to help Luke they would have been there to help Luke. The Force didnt move them into a position to help Luke. Vader's redemption was Luke's obligation. Not Ahsoka's or Ezra's. Also Luke's family drama and his confrontation with Vader on DS2 wasnt the only thing happening in the galaxy on that particular day nor is it the only thing that mattered in the galaxy at that time. People have their own personal stuff to deal with. We as viewers often see Luke and his story as the center of everything in OT because it's the main story of the OT, but if the star wars galaxy is to be taken seriously as a living galaxy its unreasonable to expect every character's life to revolve around Luke and Vader. Just because a force wielder is alive at the time of the OT doesnt mean they have any obligation to abandon their own journey and personal obligations so that they can take part in Luke's struggles.

It's also possible that Ahsoka foresaw that her not being involved was the right choice. Her getting involved could have spiraled into a bad outcome for all we know.

There is also the possibility that Ahsoka couldn't help Luke even if she wanted to. She could have been on Malachor at the time or detained somewhere else in some way for one reason or another. Characters can't and shouldn't always be able to help other characters.

Hopefully some day we will find out what Ezra and Ahsoka were doing at the time and hopefully it's a good story.

It would've just been better if Ezra, Ahsoka, and Thrawn all died. Still having Ezra and Ahsoka be alive while Luke is fighting the Empire is problematic.

I agree especially about Ahsoka who should’ve kicked it in the season 2 finale.

Having her survive was a mistake and Lucas originally wanted to kill her off in Clone Wars but Filoni relented. I think Filoni’s sentimental attachment to the character primarily is the cause of him not axing her. Now I feel he’s just sort of dragging the character - making her outstay her welcome.

Can’t decide whether I agree with you on Thrawn since I think the character is cool and should remain a player in the Star Wars universe longer but at the same time I’m quite annoyed they’ve yet again played the same ‘ambiguous fate’ thing they did with Ezra. Yeah, we know they’re alive and kicking but we don't know where they are or what exactly happened to them.

Last edited:
If Thrawn had died at the end of Rebels it'd have been a massive waste and bad storytelling.

Having her survive was a mistake and Lucas originally wanted to kill her off in Clone Wars but Filoni relented. I think Filoni’s sentimental attachment to the character primarily is the cause of him not axing her. Now I feel he’s just sort of dragging the character - making her outstay her welcome.

Can’t decide whether I agree with you on Thrawn since I think the character is cool and should remain a player in the Star Wars universe longer but at the same time I’m quite annoyed they’ve yet again played the same ‘ambiguous fate’ thing they did with Ezra. Yeah, we know they’re alive and kicking but we dot where they are or what exactly happened to them.

This confirmed what I suspected about Filoni refusing to kill off Ahsoka in either Clone Wars or Rebels. He used that time travel exclusively for Ahsoka and the series finale was him making sure she was important than anything else.

Can’t decide whether I agree with you on Thrawn since I think the character is cool and should remain a player in the Star Wars universe longer but at the same time I’m quite annoyed they’ve yet again played the same ‘ambiguous fate’ thing they did with Ezra. Yeah, we know they’re alive and kicking but we dot where they are or what exactly happened to them.

Filoni is definitely a sentimental creator, unlike George R.R. Martin ;) .

I mean the only character who died in the finale for Rebels was one of the clones, a character we hadn't seen at all almost the entire season who just comes back for the end and gets shot. Oh and Rukh died as well. It wasn't even Rex who died. Had to make sure Rex got his spot as that background dude on Endor in Return of the Jedi.

The thing is Thrawn's just too dangerous and competent a character. If he was around during the entirety of the galactic civil war, the Rebel Alliance probably should've lost. You can't justify him being around that whole time and not seeing him. That's why I feel like he should've died.

Yeah it's fun to theorize where Ahsoka was the whole time. But if she was plucked back to Malachor right after the battle, there isn't a single good excuse for her absence for the rest of the Galactic Civil War. When Yoda says, "the last of the Jedi you will be," that has to mean something. That's why I believe Ahsoka and Ezra should've died.

Otherwise, I feel like we are just taking this lore too far into fan fiction territory that's too far removed from the Star Wars Universe.

The thing is Thrawn's just too dangerous and competent a character. If he was around during the entirety of the galactic civil war, the Rebel Alliance probably should've lost. You can't justify him being around that whole time and not seeing him. That's why I feel like he should've died.

You do realise that Thrawn as a character was conceived Post-RotJ and that his major storylines were Post-RotJ. Thrawn being an imperial Grand Admiral who was away during the time of the OT has been a part of his story since its inception.

You do realise that Thrawn as a character was conceived Post-RotJ and that his major storylines were Post-RotJ. Thrawn being an imperial Grand Admiral who was away during the time of the OT has been a part of his story since its inception.

Yes I realize this. However, Rebels puts him on the chess board before the start of the original trilogy. Not only that, he's pretty much the most competent and brilliant Imperial leader ever depicted in Star Wars media. So I figured he had to be gone by the time the original trilogy starts. And he is gone, but it's a convoluted "gone but not dead" gimmick.

Yes I realize this. However, Rebels puts him on the chess board before the start of the original trilogy. Not only that, he's pretty much the most competent and brilliant Imperial leader ever depicted in Star Wars media. So I figured he had to be gone by the time the original trilogy starts. And he is gone, but it's a convoluted "gone but not dead" gimmick.

He was on the chess board before the original trilogy in Legends as well...really the only thing about the story that's different is that they've given a better explaination for why he wasn't fighting in the galaxy during the OT.

Oh yeah! "anime-inspired", forget being unique. I know the look of Star Wars has become generic to some. What maters now is in the 40 years since Star Wars began, you don't want to be the last franchise to ape anime do you?.
This is so special!...Not. LOL [/sarcasm:o:oldrazz:

Last edited:
Someone must really not like the idea of Luke being used for one of these shows. I mean seriously? Why can't they do a show that focuses on Luke's adventures before the fall of his Jedi order? Wouldn't that be more of an exciting period to cover instead of yet another no name character?

Someone must really not like the idea of Luke being used for one of these shows. I mean seriously? Why can't they do a show that focuses on Luke's adventures before the fall of his Jedi order? Wouldn't that be more of an exciting period to cover instead of yet another no name character?

Some recent Lucasfilm/Disney memos and hiring papers indicate that there is another digital animation project that's starting development. There have been rumors that Filoni is working on another star wars project that is in development and recently someone tweeted that new Luke dialogue was being written for some project.

So I think it's a definite possibility that Luke will appear in a tv show. They'll probably premiere it in 2019 or 2020 on their new streaming service.

Some recent Lucasfilm/Disney memos and hiring papers indicate that there is another digital animation project that's starting development. There have been rumors that Filoni is working on another star wars project that is in development and recently someone tweeted that new Luke dialogue was being written for some project.

So I think it's a definite possibility that Luke will appear in a tv show. They'll probably premiere it in 2019 or 2020 on their new streaming service.

Didn't you hear? Lucasfilm and Kathleen Kennedy hate Luke now. :o

Didn't you hear? Kathleen Kennedy hate Luke now. :o

tenor.gif

I'd rather that be a Z-95 Headhunter after all using an X-Wing on an ultra secret surveillance mission defeats the entire point!

Hmm... have the older brother assigned the mission but he's either killed or goes missing shortly after arriving.
Their kid brother or sister comes looking for them because they left the Navy and headed out here so naturally his family are worried.
Except it's them Poe contacts so they're not only got the older brother's mission but want to find him too!

Unlike the brother the First Order have no reason to assume they're a spy since it's clear who they're looking for and there's plenty of opportunities for adventures and racing alot like Oban Star Racers for instance.

What do you expect from this?

Will they forget they can't use X-Wings?

That dialogue could be for Forces of Destiny, which features characters throughout all the trilogies.

There have been job postings for a 3D animated series at LFL, so regardless of Luke, does seem likely that Filoni's got another series in the pipeline.

Do you genuinely believe Resistance is the only animated series Lucasfilm is doing

Do you genuinely believe Resistance is the only animated series Lucasfilm is doing

Definitely not. I remember distinctly that job description mentioned they needed someone "working on multiple projects".

Technically Resistance and FoD are multiple projects, but I definitely think they're working on another half-hour or full hour series.

Those postings could be for Resistance.

Resistance is 2D, isn't it?

Plus if it is coming out in Autumn then it must every far along in production so any new hires would surely be for another project.

There have been job postings for a 3D animated series at LFL, so regardless of Luke, does seem likely that Filoni's got another series in the pipeline.

I hope you are right and hope one of those is a post-RotJ series and Luke and his companions. although I'd love to see a series about them set in the time between ANH and RotJ, but I guess that is out of the question because of the comics.

And I'd like Resistance to not not feature any Force users too heavily or as main characters but concentrate on regular soldiers from each faction. And I hope that Filoni not continue Ahsoka and Ezra's story in Resistance. I think it would be much more suited to bring those two characters into a show about Luke.

You have got my hopes up on this now - I'll blame you if there is no animated Luke series. :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"