State Your Opinion on a Character - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody read Dashiell Hammett? Did you know he created a comic strip character in the '30s?

Here he is:

4798.jpg

Secret Agent X-9

From Wiki:

Secret Agent X-9 was a comic strip begun by writer Dashiell Hammett (The Maltese Falcon) and artist Alex Raymond (Flash Gordon). Syndicated by King Features, it ran from January 22, 1934 until February 10, 1996.

X-9 was a nameless agent who worked for a nameless agency. X-9 used the name "Dexter" in the first story ("It's not my name, but it'll do.") and kept using it or being called by it in later stories, but acquired the name "Phil Corrigan" in the 1940s and decades later the strip was renamed Secret Agent Corrigan. The nameless agency was also briefly the FBI when the FBI was in vogue, but when the FBI became less popular, references to it were dropped and the agency was nameless again.
The strip was something of a combination of a secret agent and private eye adventure, and it went back and forth between the two. Despite the initial combination of talents, the strip was never a success; perhaps the confusion about what kind of strip it actually was contributed to this. By the next year, Hammett and Raymond had both left the strip.

I've read some Hammett novels, and loved them. I'm pretty sure I have one of these strips in a 'Crime Comics' anthology book somewhere...

He sort of looks a bit like Humphrey Bogart.

Which I'm guessing is probably not a coincidence considering Bogart famously played Hammett's character Sam Spade in the Maltese falcon movie.

article-2513639-19A5E4AD00000578-735_634x511.jpg

10 years ago, I'd try to find those
Now, I don't like FBI stories much

Did someone post a picture of Cavewoman up here yet?

huh, well I was gonna put someone a little more mainstream up here today but, yeah, okay:

2895029-05.jpg

Cavewoman

From Wiki:

The story of Cavewoman is rooted deeply in science fiction.
Meriem Cecilbie Cooper is born in July 1980 to parents Robert Addam Cooper and Gail Nicole Reicher, in the town of Marshville, Oregon. After Robert dies of unknown causes, Gail turns to drugs, which leads her to fall in with an unsavory group of men. Eventually wanting to sever her ties with this group for Meriem's sake, Gail seeks the help of Meriem's scientist-inventor grandfather, Francis Peacock Reicher, affectionately called "Gramp." After first being thwarted, Gramp makes a mysteriously superhuman return, defeating the men easily and taking Meriem away on a hovercycle from the future.
At Gramp's laboratory, Meriem discovers a time machine and a body-enhancing device that allows a living being to pass through the time stream. It is here that she first meets Klyde, Gramp's 15-foot-tall lab gorilla who has been accidentally altered by the body enhancer. Gramp then enhances Meriem as well, and the trio begins an ongoing adventure through time while on the run from dinosaurs and a secret branch of the government.
As events transpire, Gramp is written out of the story when he is killed by a Tyrannosaurus and Meriem stayed far from the cave that they settled down in. After a fierce fight with local carnivores near the "Quasi-Birds" nests, Meriem ended up naked when her clothes were torn off during the fight. Upon aging into a buxom 19-year-old, Meriem had lived in the local jungles naked (minus her hunting weapons), savage, happy, and free. Dinosaurs were taught to fear her. Meriem reunited with Klyde, who attacked her and broke her weapons. She then returned to the cave where she and Gramps had settled down. Not wanting to be naked and savage anymore, she eventually made a jungle bikini (with dinosaur teeth hanging on the strings) out of a leopard-printed snakeskin blanket. She also avenged her grandfather by slaying the Tyrannosaurus responsible for killing him, but rescued two Tyrannosaurus hatchlings from Velociraptors. One that was named Harmony became Meriem's companion while one named Peace became her enemy.
Later, the whole town of Marshville is transported into a prehistoric past.

This is not the unpopular opinion thread :oldrazz:

On a serious note: Her story would make for an interesting movie.

I approve of her cleavage. Sorry Aziz, you're in the minority here. :oldrazz:

She kills Dinosaurs bare handed. How awesome is that?

Budd-Root-CAVEWOMAN-Prehistoric-Pinups-7-Special.jpg

She should team up with Turok. Her AND her awesome boobage.

Disney's loveable miser who is insanely rich & always gives Donald Duck, his nephews, & anyone he encountersa bad time . Sometimes rather grudgingly, he relents & shows his "good side" LOL Still despicable though!! :hehe:

man about time i knew who any of these of these dudes are!:cwink:
Scrooge is a greedy pig! and that's something cause he's a duck! i remember a book i had as a kid where that dude was trying to cheat a poor kid outta a nickel! which when you really start to look at it is how alot of people with money truly are! one can learn alot from a comic book with a duck with no pants! what the hell is up with wearing just the tops of crap and no pants!whats up with that?!?! that Disney guy was into some strange stuff! hehe
He's okay for a miserly wise duck!

Most lovable Cheep bastard the world has ever known.

How he manages to high dive into what is basicly a sea of metal without breaking any bones is a bretty badass feat.

He's Mr. McDee, the impossible with him is possible
All his fortune, and he doesn't cause inflation

^^ Never heard of the characters or title.

Same
Heard about them from antondlt in the lounge shortly before posting them
Ada is a robot

Is he having relations with this robot? :hmm

From one of the Luna brothers. Their stuff is always good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"