State Your Opinion on a Character - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I've heard of that, but I did really enjoy the Luna's book, Girls.
It was all the right kinds of ****ed up. :hehe:

Anyway, today's:

0.jpg

The Fighting Yank

Bruce Carter III obtained his superhuman powers when the ghost of his ancestor Bruce Carter I, a hero from the American War of Independence, appeared to him and showed him the location of a magical cloak that could give the wearer invulnerability and super strength. Only Carter III's girlfriend, Joan Farwell, knows of his dual identity.
Along with this magical cloak, Fighting Yank's outfit also included a tri-corner hat, square buckles, an American flag on his chest, a white shirt, and blue pants.

901764-yank_7.jpg

The above image seems to be one of the only covers I could find where this guy's not punching some disgustingly drawn racial stereotype in the face. Seriously.

http://www.comicvine.com/the-fighting-yank/4050-19507/

*yawn*
WWII era was saturated with US guy fighting Nazi's, if I was a kid at the time, I wouldn't really go near comics much, possibly stick with Superman only

*yawn*
WWII era was saturated with US guy fighting Nazi's, if I was a kid at the time, I wouldn't really go near comics much, possibly stick with Superman only

Superman is just as much, if not more propaganda. Back then he was doing the same thing. Of course if you were a kid at the time you'd probably not want to read comics since there was some racism.

He sounds familiar. I think he was in Brubaker's run on the Authority. Maybe. I could be wrong.

Superman is just as much, if not more propaganda. Back then he was doing the same thing. Of course if you were a kid at the time you'd probably not want to read comics since there was some racism.
Little of his stories are about war, others are fun adventures mostly in Metropolis

From wiki:

Crying Freeman (クライング フリーマン Kuraingu Furīman?) is a manga by Kazuo Koike & Ryoichi Ikegami about an assassin who sheds tears after he kills his targets. Crying Freeman follows the title assassin, a Japanese man hypnotized and trained by the Chinese mafia (called the "108 Dragons") to serve as its agent, and covered in a vast and complex dragon tattoo. A quiet but complicated killer, Freeman reflexively sheds tears after each and every killing as a sign of regret.
The manga was first published in North America by Viz Media in comic book form. Viz later republished the series in graphic novel form in two versions: an initial set and longer volumes that combined the initial volumes together, dubbed "Perfect Collections." Both versions are now out of print. From 2006 to 2007, the manga was republished by Dark Horse Comics in five volumes.
In 1988, the story was adapted into an anime OVA by Toei Animation. Crying Freeman has also been adapted into three live action films: two in Hong Kong in Cantonese and an English-language adaptation in Canada.

Yō Hinomura, a Japanese potter, comes into the possession of some film showing an assassination by an agent of the 108 Dragons, a powerful Chinese mafia. When he refuses to turn the film over to them, they kidnap him. Hypnotized, he is trained as an assassin for them and his body is tattooed with dragons. He is given the codename "Crying Freeman," because he cries after a kill and longs to be free.
One of his killings is witnessed by Emu Hino, a lonely and beautiful Japanese artist. Knowing he must kill her, she paints his portrait and waits for him to come. When he does so, she tells him that she is tired of being alone and wishes to end her life. She asks for a favor before he kills her - to make love to her, so that she will not die as a virgin. He grants her wish, but finds he cannot kill her and they fall in love. The killing she witnessed was of a yakuza boss, however, so the yakuza want to find her so that they can find the killer. One of the yakuza attempts to enter Emu's home and force her to disclose the name of the killer, critically injuring her. Freeman takes her to the hospital and tells her to meet him at Hinomura Kiln, where he intends to part with her. Instead, she accompanies him back to the 108 Dragons, where he tattoos her with tigers and they marry.
The heads of the 108 Dragons decide to name Freeman as their heir. He is given the Chinese name Lóng Tài-Yáng, and Emu is renamed Hǔ Qīng-Lán, as both pass the tests given to them. It proves not as easy as that, however, as they must contend with challenges to the leadership from Bái-Yá Shàn, the granddaughter of the leaders of the 108 Dragons, and attempts to destroy the Dragons from other underground organizations.

I loved the Crying Freeman anime.

Started a mild interest in Henti though. :o

You too?! :wow: I did think Dark Eyes was awesome though. Koh died too soon. :csad:

Last edited:
My interest wasn't mild though....more like extreme. :csad: Once you start down that path it's difficult to turn away...On a related note, I saw the live action movie. It's just as badass as the anime.

The fighting "YANK"( hahah oh how i could run with that) i think i saw artwork or something with that guy at one of the conventions ,but know nothing about other than that's some serious propaganda BULL$%^&! dude has BUCKLE SHOES!! that dude needs to go back to the superhero tailor with that outfit!

Crying freeman was some strange ass #$%! i think it was over my head and cause maybe i dont get the Henti thing! that aint one of my fetishes!!:cwink: i was like what the... after seeing that stuff!

Yeah, I know basically nothing about Crying Freeman apart from the name, and that they made a movie out of it.

Oh, and that finding Hype friendly images of it is pretty tricky. :o

One thing I never got was how this guy is a slave to an organization he is also the head of.

Considering we covered her other half absolutely ages ago, I'm shocked it took me so long to think of this but here's today's:

1223733-walt_disney_comics_706_cvr_b.jpg

Minnie Mouse

Man! i have no idea what Minnie was ever for! (well i know what she is for.. but other than that) she was always just "there!" Unlike DAISY.. DONALD'S girl who was always getting him into trouble or going out without with some other dude to make him jealous, Minnie never did nothing for me! so a big Eh!

Yeah, same. What does giving Mickey a girlfriend add to the character exactly?

Also, she seems to come from the Ms Pacman "just slap a bow and some eyelashes on what we've got" school of female character design. :o

Mini Mouse is alright
Our Superfriend said all their is needed to be said about her

I think I'd like to retract my statement, it was late here when I wrote it.

Mickey deserves some action, same as everyone else. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"