"Storm teaching class"

TNC9852002

Banned User
Reaction score
This deleted scene from X1 annoys me so much! That and the scene with her and Rogue in the classroom

There was nothing wrong with Storm's accent! Ugh, it's still the thing that I will always miss from the character. I think what really ruined it was the voice that the cartoon essentially made for her that everyone wanted to hear.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

-TNC

I do. Maybe because I'm not American, or English, I don't care much about how the accent is, as long as I can notice she has a different voice. And to me, it worked, especially to distance Halle from Storm. Without the accent, as many say, it was only Halle on a white wig.

I wish she had kept it. She just needed to work a little more on it, to please those who didn't like it. And that's why they had a freaking Dialect Coach on the team. I don't know what he did on X2 and X3, excpt for work on Hugh Jackman's accent (surprise surprise)

It originally pissed me off a lot, nd cause it was sometimes thicker and sometimes not as strong. I THOUGHT it was bad acting from Halle Berry, BUT then I met someone who had a Affrican (sp?) accent and had lived in Austrailia. And yeah, k when you have an accent it can flicker in and out. So I am so convinced now that she should have kept the accent.
It is so very true about how the accent distances Storm from being just Halle Berry in a white wig. And I'm sure, she would have gotten better at the accent for a 2nd and 3rd time around.

I quite liked the accent and saw nothing very wrong with it. It made her seem more exotic and was NOT a bad accent. I've never wanted that 90s cartoon accent, which was ridiculous.

Still, it's too late to do anything about it now. In each of the movies, there has been something wrong with Storm.

I have never liked her cape either. I'd have preferred her 'winged' cape from the comics, which made more sense as a device to create air pockets and generate uplift. The movie cape is too flimsy, it's like part of a kid's Halloween outfit.

Singer didn't get Storm that much was clear.

The accent was alright, she should've kept it. Colossus should've had one in X2, and Jackman and Famke had moments in X3 where their natural accents slipped through and that annoyed me.

Yeah...I don't see how giving Peter an accent would've affected these movies in any way. Especially since he only had two or three lines in each movie. They could've given it to him. A voice coach would've only needed a few minutes to help Daniel with that, but ya know...

-TNC

the X-men are supposed to be diverse.:csad:

Storm's best scenes were deleted, and (imo) her accent was just fine. If they would've kept it, then Halle would've gotten even better by X2/X3.

Out of all three films, only in X1 did I truly see Storm 'the character' and not Halle Berry in a white wig; it's sad. They also shouldn't have gotten rid of Rogue's accent either. :o

Whenever they reboot the franchise, I hope they keep all accents in, and truly keep the team diverse, like in the comics.

Singer didn't get Storm that much was clear.

The accent was alright, she should've kept it. Colossus should've had one in X2, and Jackman and Famke had moments in X3 where their natural accents slipped through and that annoyed me.

Singer was more focused on the important things...Muscles on Colossus...rugged manliness on Wolverine, prettyboy looks on Cyclops...etc. No time to worry about Storm. i mean, do people even know who she is? :dry:

i sooo cant wait for the rights to revert back to Marvel and for a proper reboot to happn.

I liked the accent I think someone mention this before mayB in another post, but it really does seaprate Halle from Storm

i would have rather had colossus with his russian accent than storm with hers... halle just.... isn't very good.

It's the little things they missed out on. They could've just gave Colossus an accent with the few lines he had in this franchise. Did he even talk in X3? I can't recall, lol.

only 1 line, which i think rly sucks and if they make an X4 he DEFINATELY needs more lines.

stupid a** xmen movies, the xmen were supposed to be from all over the world, not just LA!

They simply didn't get the fact she is viewed upon as an african goddess.

her indecisiveness in x3 is completely disgusting. She comes across as a nagging girl, I'm amazed she was supposed to be highly ranked, she always came across as unsure of herself.

I always saw storm as a complete rock for everyone except for her claustrophobia which was her weakness and also her loyalties to her home and the warlocks.

let's face it, it was bad casting, halle berry doesn't have grace...

they should have given it to angel bassett, at least her and famke look like they are similar ages...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"