Storm, Correcting Singer, and What Exactly?

ntcrawler said:
Precisely. In fact it almost seems like the other chars are purposely keeping certain cast members away from Jean. Xavier tells Storm and Logan to stay away, he must go in alone. Logan tells Storm to stay away, only he can save Jean. Why? Was there something about Storm that made them want to keep those two apart?

You know what--that's a brilliant point...and something I hadn't realized before. Would Storm have been a more effective negotiator with Jean? It's really worthy of a thread discussion on its own actually. ;)

Lightning Strikez! said:
You know what--that's a brilliant point...and something I hadn't realized before. Would Storm have been a more effective negotiator with Jean? It's really worthy of a thread discussion on its own actually. ;)
I doubt it...

Xavier was the only one whom could save her by suppressing her and Logan was just a hot and heavy loverboy who thinks he is a big shot. Storm was pissed at Jean "She has chosen her side" and I don't think gave a flying f bomb what she did.

chaseter said:
I doubt it...

Xavier was the only one whom could save her by suppressing her and Logan was just a hot and heavy loverboy who thinks he is a big shot. Storm was pissed at Jean "She has chosen her side" and I don't think gave a flying f bomb what she did.

Your right, watching the genocidal murders of alot of people had nothing to do with Storm's somewhat dislike of Jean...

Goddessreicho said:
Your right, watching the genocidal murders of alot of people had nothing to do with Storm's somewhat dislike of Jean...

You beat me to it. Exactly. :whatever:

I think Jean would've killed Storm on the spot if she tried to negotiate with her. Jean prob would've sensed that Storm had already chosen a side (to kill her) :p

Yep, last I heard genocidal murderers do that...they kill people, lots of them. Which is exactly what happened.

Goddessreicho said:

. . . Storm doesn't witness any murders, let alone genocidal murders (Jean isn't deliberately attempting to exterminate an entire, specific race of people). Jean has only killed two people, and Storm is only sure of one of those deaths. What Storm doesn't know is that Jean is justified in killing Xavier, seeing as how he is responsible for everything that has gone wrong. Funny enough, Storm is unknowingly left defending the man who ultimately deserves the blame for the atrocities committed. It kind of makes you wonder if Storm would even be willing to continue to follow Xavier if she knew of his deceitful machinations, lies, etc.

BMM said:

. . . Storm doesn't witness any murders, let alone genocidal murders (Jean isn't deliberately attempting to exterminate an entire, specific race of people). Jean has only killed two people, and Storm is only sure of one of those deaths. What Storm doesn't know is that Jean is justified in killing Xavier, seeing as how he is responsible for everything that has gone wrong. Funny enough, Storm is unknowingly left defending the man who ultimately deserves the blame for the atrocities committed. It kind of makes you wonder if Storm would even be willing to continue to follow Xavier if she had known of the deceitful machinations, lies, etc. he was willing to commit.

Perhaps I interpreted things differently, but it's clear to me from the flashback that even as a child Jean was rebellious, insolent and reckless. What we saw in X3 was the same monster--only in adult formation. "Don't let it control you" seems to be the common thread her coach and mentor tried to teach her--a lesson she rejected. Apparently, Jean was never able to master control of her powers, hence his isolation of them from her concious mind. This would enable her to coexist peacefully among mankind.

In other words, Xavier's work on her may have been the only reason we ever met the Jean we loved in the first two X-films.

Lightning Strikez! said:
Perhaps I interpreted things differently, but it's clear to me from the flashback that even as a child Jean was rebellious, insolent and reckless. What we saw in X3 was the same monster--only in adult formation. "Don't let it control you" seems to be the common thread her coach and mentor tried to teach her--a lesson she rejected. Apparently, Jean was never able to master control of her powers, hence his isolation of them from her concious mind. This would enable her to coexist peacefully among mankind.

In other words, Xavier's work on her may have been the only reason we ever met the Jean we loved in the first two X-films.

I think Jean is rebellious and reckless in the flashback as well, but Xavier does note that as a result of his attempt to isolate her power, Jean develops an entirely separate personality that came to call itself the Phoenix. He is repsonsible for her dual personality and all that it entails. He never gave her a chance as Wolverine notes, "Well, it sounds to me like Jean had no choice at all."

the a1ant said:
I think Jean would've killed Storm on the spot if she tried to negotiate with her. Jean prob would've sensed that Storm had already chosen a side (to kill her) :p
*Spits out koolaid* Buahahahaha! You ain't pose' ta say that.:woot:

the a1ant said:

indeed....i would have cried if storm died...i would have become Anti-Jean..u know when i was in class today i felt like turning this girl into ashes.....LOL! :woot: :whatever: :oldrazz: :o

for the fifth time since i started College (in April) Storm was referred in my class. Now go say she's not the most famous female x-men...

Goddessreicho said:

Goddessreicho and LIghtining,

Yet again, this fact would've been more for a real writer to work with and actually create a torn character, a much more drama, from that fact.

For people all dedicated to source material, you fail to note that Jean eradicated an entire planet and STILL X-Men like Cyclops and Storm fought for her on the moon to save Jean's soul...

the a1ant said:

..or she sensed what the audience was feeling.

BMM said:

. . . Storm doesn't witness any murders, let alone genocidal murders (Jean isn't deliberately attempting to exterminate an entire, specific race of people). Jean has only killed two people, and Storm is only sure of one of those deaths. What Storm doesn't know is that Jean is justified in killing Xavier, seeing as how he is responsible for everything that has gone wrong. Funny enough, Storm is unknowingly left defending the man who ultimately deserves the blame for the atrocities committed. It kind of makes you wonder if Storm would even be willing to continue to follow Xavier if she knew of his deceitful machinations, lies, etc.

...let's keep in mind that Storm is part of a team who has no problem defending humans who confine a little boy to a lab, manufacture his blood, and distribute it...not to mention use said drug on Magneto...

So in the ontext of the immorally backwards X-Men we got, I'd say that storm would've stayed behind.

Lightning Strikez! said:
He owned her. :whatever:

Compare how many seconds it took for her to demolecularize every other object and human to the eons of time it took for her to take Xavier apart. He just floated up there, distentagrating but holding his own. She couldn't just blow him up like everything else. Why? Because his mind was giving hers a run for its money.

Maybe she wanted to make him suffer. Feel the pain. I wonder how you get your skin teared apart and you dont even show one small sight of blood or maybe a lilttle tear of pain.

SOmeone said Halle picked her X2 wig and like there was a selection...does anyone know what the other choices were?

PeRfEcT_StOrM said:
SOmeone said Halle picked her X2 wig and like there was a selection...does anyone know what the other choices were?

As far as I heard Halle was involved in the selection of the wig for X3. But the media could've gotten that story mixed up with X2. I dunno for sure.

ThE_PhOeNiX said:
Maybe she wanted to make him suffer. Feel the pain. I wonder how you get your skin teared apart and you dont even show one small sight of blood or maybe a lilttle tear of pain.

Nah. :o

Like I said, she had to get up out her chair, raise her arms and make her skin go black to take out the professor. To be honest...she looked like she was under substantial strain--it definitely wasn't effortless on her part.

And the fact that he was able give her one final object lesson and then look at Logan with a smile of reassurance shows he had the situation completely under control.

Ok so your saying he had everything under control. So it was part of his plan to die. Lol. Sorry but i think of control in a different way, If he was in control he would have been probing her mind caging the beast.

However I must agree with you. She had a harder time With Xavier. BBut her face turned black and ugly every time she killed someone lol. I mean its not any day you take out 2 class 4 mutants one of them being the love of your life and the other the most powerfull telepath in the world.

But its kinda stupid how they makethat scene look. Jeans telekenetic power that took Xavier apart has nothing to do with her telepathy power. Xavier coulnt get in her head if he tried and he did try and coulnt. Her mental powers and physical powers are very different. Why did she have such a hard time taking him out. He wasnt in her head keeping her from doingit was he? No he coulnt have cause hes not strong enough to enter her mind anymore. So why did she have a hard time taking him apart. I know he wasnt effecting her telekenisis. Does that make scence.

So its kinda stupid why it took her so long to take the prof out. There was nothing he could have done in his defence. She had to get out of her chair yes. But she raised him out of his chair to. Is it possible she just wanted to be face to face to the man that caged her for most of her life. The only thing he did was stop time for a a small second. Did he even do that. I mean if he did he sure as hell coulnt do it for long because Jean snapped out of it very fast.

So my question is how did he own her. I do belive he knew he was going to die. But he didnt want to look like a sissy infront of the camara and cry. So he put up a brave face knowing once he died he would take over his twin brothers body.

Did any of this make scence.

Couldn't it just be that this was Jean's first time intentionally demolecurlaizing someone why uplifting an entire house...?

ThE_PhOeNiX said:
Ok so your saying he had everything under control. So it was part of his plan to die. Lol. Sorry but i think of control in a different way, If he was in control he would have been probing her mind caging the beast.

However I must agree with you. She had a harder time With Xavier. BBut her face turned black and ugly every time she killed someone lol. I mean its not any day you take out 2 class 4 mutants one of them being the love of your life and the other the most powerfull telepath in the world.

Her skin didn't blacken nearly as much when she disected Magneto's gun, or even at Alcatraz. Her eyes changed, and the skin around them sullied. But with Xavier, that darkening spread down her neck, across her shoulder, etc., as she continued to fight him.

He was making her work. :cool:

ThE_PhOeNiX said:
But its kinda stupid how they makethat scene look. Jeans telekenetic power that took Xavier apart has nothing to do with her telepathy power. Xavier coulnt get in her head if he tried and he did try and coulnt. Her mental powers and physical powers are very different. Why did she have such a hard time taking him out. He wasnt in her head keeping her from doingit was he?

So its kinda stupid why it took her so long to take the prof out. There was nothing he could have done in his defence. She had to get out of her chair yes. But she raised him out of his chair to. Is it possible she just wanted to be face to face to the man that caged her for most of her life. The only thing he did was stop time for a a small second. Did he even do that. I mean if he did he sure as hell coulnt do it for long because Jean snapped out of it very fast.

So my question is how did he own her. I do belive he knew he was going to die. But he didnt want to look like a sissy infront of the camara and cry. So he put up a brave face knowing once he died he would take over his twin brothers body.

Did any of this make scence.

Yes it did.

However, Xavier transferred his frickin consciousness to another body in another part of the frickin country. Can you say...astral plane? :woot: That's power--sheer, unadulterated power. Unmatched. She can have his body--he had no quips parting with it.

Jean could only defeat the Professor on a teke level--not mentally. That's why she tore his body apart, yet his mind was clearly intact because he just moved elsewere. So he always had an out and he survived--something that she died not even knowing. That's why I say ultimately he owned her because his grave is empty--while hers is full.

Xavier was the victor of that battle--not Jean.

ThE_PhOeNiX said:
No he coulnt have cause hes not strong enough to enter her mind anymore. So why did she have a hard time taking him apart. I know he wasnt effecting her telekenisis. Does that make scence.

The fact that Jean kept telling him to "stay out of her head" and had to use teke to push him back literally speaks volumes. He was STILL jacking her up mentally, and she had to resort to physical force to defend herself. We all know that telepathically he totally outranks Jean--plus he's got experience with the full range of his powers. In contrast, she was still very much a novice.

Recall too that after Jean left the mansion Xavier didn't even need Cerebro to locate her--he instantly knew where she was, how to get there and what she was "thinking". Notice he said she was trying to block his thoughts...but he was up in her sauce regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"