Subtle things you want in the movie

Dr. Manhatten

Sidekick
Reaction score
We've all heard the constant speculation about the ending and the Black Freighter not being in the movie, blah blah blah. What I'm asking you guys is what're the subtle, non-obvious details you want in the movie? Like maybe things mentioned in passing, details you don't notice till various re-reads, etc. The big events will obviously happen, but whether it's a line of dialogue, a certain shot/panel from a scene and the like that would help make the movie for you, all apply

Rorschach's flashback when he gets captured.Only thing I can think of right now.

Captain Metropolis

I really liked that they snuck the Veidt logo onto the aerosol can Rorschach uses to attack the SWAT team with in the teaser trailer. I'm not sure if that was in the comic, but I'd definitely think it'd be cool if they kept up that trend for the entire movie.

The way the arrow/bloodsplatter appears throughout the novel. Like when the Bernies die.
Course, the smiley face no longer has an arrow, so maybe that won't work so well. still need it on Viedts' face before he tosses the Comedian out the window.

Rorschach's mask mimicking Dan and Laurie when we cut away from them.
also the repeating mask patterns we seen throughout the book. (happy harry face, surprised, etc) though I'm sure those'll be in.

I am re reading the graphic novel right now, and while reading it there is a poster that says " missing author" on a wall. I thought that was pretty cool and I hope there are little things like that.

:woot:

The Gordion Knot lock company. Keep the majority of the backstory for each of the supporting characters on the curb (Bernies, Dr. Long, Joey and her girlfriend, the two detectives) so that the big event still has relevance.

Breasts.

We're not going to get the majority of the backstory for those characters in the theatrical version. I hold out hope for the Director's Cut, though.

It bothers me that we won't see it in the theatrical version, because the build up and climax of that scene is really the centerpiece of the book, but I can understand some judicious cutting. If it isn't in the DC though, I will flip my **** and do something rash.

How close is it going to be to the graphic novel?

I want them to really make a point to show that Rorschach is freaking out because they ripped his face off.

Those weird cigarette things.

That weird astrodome-esque building that's never explained. And the line about human bean juice. And the Hiroshima lovers.

It would be nice if they were able to fit that drawing that Kovack's did of his mother having sex so you can catch the similarity between it and the Hiroshima lovers (and sometimes Rorschach's face).

I'd like to see/hear Rorschach suspecting Viedt of being a homosexual...that part just always seemed funny to me...and I'd like to see Rorschach break that guy's fingers in the bar when he went investigating Blake's murder

It's all those little details, like the headlines on newspaper pages in the news stand, or blowing across the street. The posters for the day the earth stood still in the background, though that may depend on copyright issues.

I need the line " up is a relative concept with no intrinsic value":o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"