Suggestions and Feedback

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by Drakon, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wiegeabo Omniposcient

Something I've been wondering, but does the forum support the equivalent of format painter when doing the advanced editing of a post?

Basically, it would be nice to format a line of text, and then copy/paste just the formatting to other lines that need it (like you can do in Microsoft Word), rather than constantly having to reselect font/color/size each time.

2. BlackLantern Registered

there was a thread about Canadian authorities finding severed feet along a river....there were many jokes to be had and no one said anything

3. Go Web Go! Shhhhhhhh!

See, that's what I was getting at, but I thought I'd let one of them explain for themselves. It's kind of ridiculous how they lashed out at a few people for the ***** jokes, but a short guy dies and the mod comments go from "Cut it out" to "You guys are so wrong".

4. Marx Pixelated

I can't speak for the other threads (because I haven't visited those) but I believe the issue with the '*****' situation was that people were using the thread to make infantile penis jokes. (Among other things.)

5. The Original Bamfer Big, Bald and Beautiful

Generally, I can understand why folks would question the issues. What it comes down to is, most of the time, we moderate as individuals. A few moderators might comment on one thread, while others will comment on the other thread. We are not one, consistent unit, despite what people think we should be. We all have different opinions and find some things distasteful that others don't. If you view the staff as a single person, then, yes, it would be hypocritical.

Personally, I haven't seen either threads. And, while joking about the deceased is distasteful, I'm not sure I'd punish someone for doing so unless they broke an actual rule.

6. Gilpesh Registered

Because making jokes about a very short man who died... is any better than penis jokes because a man that died was called ***** in a show. :dry:

7. BlackLantern Registered

that's all I ask....you can't punish someone because you find a joke distasteful, unless said joke violates the established rules of the Hype

8. Go Web Go! Shhhhhhhh!

Right, which is why there was such a big stink made about it in the first place. It's not against the rules, yet several mods were putting their foot down and threatening to take action if it didn't stop? I think that's what bugged or even angered a few of the posters in the ***** thread. It may not be kosher, but being insensitive/distasteful in regards to someone's death is not against the rules.

9. Gilpesh Registered

Hell. There's tons of bad news threads filled with jokes about it. So either make it rule that you can't mock bad news (which would be ******ed) or just deal with it.

10. Hound55 Byfar The Most Evil Thing

:heart::up:

11. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

I hadn't heard anything about it...so thanks, I'll go check it out.

12. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

Apparently that thread had been closed and trashed...so there is no need to warn anyone about acting so childish about it.

13. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

How about....I don't have the chance to read every single post made on here on a dailey basis...so if you think something is questionable, report it.

Oh...but then if you don't report it...then it's hard to complain about nothing being done about a problem.....

14. Gilpesh Registered

:whatever:

Yes, C. Lee. I am complaining that people made jokes about the short guy that kicked the bucket. Not that mods seem to make things up on the fly about when you can and cannot do something which falls into taste standards than an actual...er... rules.

15. Kelly #RESIST

Pretty Simple...

***** thread, nothing more than Penis jokes BEFORE his death, AND AFTER his death, told to stop, posters continued, told to stop again, posters continued, posters told to stop a third time, PROBLEM...

As a group, the mods discussed the matter, and it was deemed an inappropriate discussion about penises...posters were told to stop, they did not. PROBLEM...

The thread was closed, my opinion, should have stayed closed...thread opened again...the problem continued, and got personal. I closed the thread a day or so later, people moved on.

The thread in question has been trashed, if you would like to continue your condolences to He Pingping in the RIP thread please do so...

Case closed...

#1590 Kelly, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  16. BlackLantern Registered

his name was Pingping?? so dead ***** and now dead Pingping?? seriously??

17. Go Web Go! Shhhhhhhh!

It's gold, I tell ya. Gold we are forbidden from mining.

18. Kelly #RESIST

oh please...you didn't even know what his name was until I posted it...lol

19. wiegeabo Omniposcient

More like uranium. Valuable, but explosive. ;)

20. Go Web Go! Shhhhhhhh!

And for that I thank you. :woot:

21. Ipodman Love Tension

I have found... The Jungle!

i typed 'forums.superherohype.com' too fast and "forums" ended up to be something else... and i ended up in the jungle. then i tried other misspellings and they all ended up in the same magical place.

22. Kelly #RESIST

So your suggestion is?

23. Ipodman Love Tension

We send someone in, in the form of an avatar, then see if he can build relationships with the natives there

24. Clerk You Look Plump Today

Wait? ***** died? :(

25. Kelly #RESIST

He committed suicide in Vancouver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.