Suggestions and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an idea.....to make this forum run faster/smoother when it comes to gifs and all images make it a rule " NOT TO QUOTE THEM "....might make this board run faster.........yeah...so no more quoting images or gifs.....have at it.

I hate when people do that. Just remove the

We're actively looking into these recent problems and continuing to search for a solution to the bigger issue.

I was just about to say that since i've returned the lag seems no better if not worse.

But i see that you guys are already trying to do something about it and me mentioning it again would be redundant... ooops too late. :D

I fought the lag and the lag won.

I just went to bed....gave up.

I hate when people do that. Just remove the brackets. We don't need to see the same 5 pictures if they're on the same page and right above your post :cmad:[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it's possible to disable quoting of images. So everything else quoted shows up fine, but anything between image tags is left out.

Assuming it's actually a contributing factor.

I was just about to say that since i've returned the lag seems no better if not worse.

But i see that you guys are already trying to do something about it and me mentioning it again would be redundant... ooops too late. :D

hmmm, there was no lag while you were gone...

so what you trying to say then ay? that i am the lag bringer? the legionairre of lag? the lag leper? the lag hatter?

if it walks like a knave.... if it talks like knave...

Maybe removing all skins but the vbb 3 default might help

I mean it in a temporary fix type of way. Until servers and scripts are upgraded.

I've been reading around, it looks like the jump from 3 to 4, is like 2 to 3. Meaning its a full on reskin, and/or you have manually convert a skin (very tedious). So all the custom skins we will require this.

I probably won't update my skin to 4.x if it comes down to it. But on the bright side Drakon will probably have a shot at making some new stuff. If you have to start fresh, you might as well do that.

Well, for the most part, whatever images that would need to be done, will be done already, so that being [usually] the most tedious part for me, I'm in the clear once we eventually go to v4. Once I get Dynamite, Redux, and Busty updated, I'd be happy to take a crack at what you have done and see about updating it if you'll allow me.

And even removing the skins won't be enough of a help to matter.

Well, for the most part, whatever images that would need to be done, will be done already, so that being [usually] the most tedious part for me, I'm in the clear once we eventually go to v4. Once I get Dynamite, Redux, and Busty updated, I'd be happy to take a crack at what you have done and see about updating it if you'll allow me.
It's more involved than you think. If you go here, you will find certain images that is not in 3 appear in 4. And you have the issue of image uploads as well. I think the amount of time converting the template alone will be like a new skin.

But what I'm saying is that you've already got a lot of them, as well as the framework. Sure you'll have to make SOME new images, that's a given. But just with the images, it's less work converting it than having to think up and design a whole new skin.

The base images are almost negligibly with the radical changes of the v4 template. It won't "feel" or look the same if you just reuse some images (for a lack of better words) - well at least in my instance. I mean try redapting vigilante's group discussion threads alone. :csad:

You might pull it off with redux since the new default has a decent amount of blue, and it wont be hard to apply some grays and reds.

Less pictures might help the lag....

And by that I mean only like, 2-3 pictures/smilies per post.....

This is more of a question than it is a suggestion. A few weeks ago there was a huge uproar over in the ***** from Growing Pains thread because of jokes being cracked at the guy's expense. There were warnings and threats of giving those who were making light of the situation a "couple of days off". Fast forward to present day, and in the thread about the death of the world's smallest man there are zingers flying left and right. No warnings. No "cut it out". Nada. So, anyone care to explain why it's ok in one instance but not ok in the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"