Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ike Barinholtz on Suicide Squad.

“I can’t talk too much about it, otherwise I’ll be executed.” Barinholtz said over the phone Wednesday. “We’re three days in. This is a crazy movie. It’s the biggest movie I’ve ever been in. ... The only thing I can say (about my role) is that it’s a very different side of me that you haven't seen on ‘The Mindy Project’ or ‘Neighbors.’”
“Suicide Squad” centers on a team of incarcerated supervillains who take on dangerous missions on behalf of the government in exchange for decreased prison sentences. Barinholtz was unable to discuss which character he will play. He said his friends have asked him and get frustrated when he doesn’t give them an answer.
“People are very passionate about comics – specifically this one,” said Barinholtz, who will appear in the upcoming Tina Fey and Amy Poehler comedy “Sisters,” scheduled to be released Dec. 18. “It appeals to people’s dark side a little more. It has a ‘Dirty Dozen’ feel. I think that’s the direction we’re going in.
“I’ve read the comics. Ironically, my mom was friends with John Ostrander, who wrote one of the original incarnations in the 80s. I was very happy to hear about the project. And when discussions began of me being in it, I read the script and was like ‘Oh my God, this is awesome.’”
“Suicide Squad” is scheduled to hit theaters Aug. 5, 2016.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...barinholtz-suicide-squad-20150415-column.html

Theory time!!! All speculation here

Scott Eastwood is Hal Jordan. He'll have a small role in Suicide Squad, but it'll go a long way to establish the character before Justice League is out. Perhaps at the very end of the movie, Eastwood's Hal discovers Abin Sur

Manganiello keeps denying he was up for Deathstroke, but says he was discussing another role in the movie. Maybe Manganiello was up for Hal Jordan.

Think about it, Manganiello was on the shortlist for both Superman and Batman. It'd make sense that he'd be considered for Hal Jordan.

Scott Eastwood is Hal Jordan. He'll have a small role in Suicide Squad, but it'll go a long way to establish the character before Justice League is out. Perhaps at the very end of the movie, Eastwood's Hal discovers Abin Sur

Manganiello keeps denying he was up for Deathstroke, but says he was discussing another role in the movie. Maybe Manganiello was up for Hal Jordan.

Think about it, Manganiello was on the shortlist for both Superman and Batman. It'd make sense that he'd be considered for Hal Jordan.

Eastwood being Hal is my gut feeling on this, GL's the last member of the big seven for us to get casting for, and the dude definitely looks like Hal. Introducing Hal in Suicide Squad would make sense.

It's possible, but I think your theory is heavily influenced by the fact that you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see Hal Jordan show up soon. :woot:

dude I thought the same thing... You should really ask your source :D

they gonna establish 6 of them in BvS, Hal Jordan in SS makes sense.

He apparently deleted it, but....
tumblr_nmwqw8lzpa1tl0rano1_540.jpg

WHOA just noticed he doesn't have eyebrows. Interesting.

Vibrant green hair? Check.
No eyebrows? Check.

Just give him permawhite skin and no fixed smile and this is exactly what I wanted.

Vibrant green hair? Check.
No eyebrows? Check.

Just give him permawhite skin and no fixed smile and this is exactly what I wanted.

ALMOST close to perfection. Add permawhite skin and :hmr:

After the Ryan Reynolds movie, think how hard it d be to get a big A list actor to commit to Green Lantern for multiple films. An actor of Scott Eastwood's recognizability should be expected at this point. I really think he's probably our Hal

dude I thought the same thing... You should really ask your source :D

they gonna establish 6 of them in BvS, Hal Jordan in SS makes sense.

I think it would be kind of random to have Hal in SS, none of his enemies appear in the film, would it just be a post credit sequence?

The green hair on Leto is perfect! :atp:

The bleaching made a difference :ilv::hmr: :hrt:

I think it would be kind of random to have Hal in SS, none of his enemies appear in the film, would it just be a post credit sequence?

It's really not random. Ss is a government centric movie, Hal has ties to the Us government, he's generally considered the best pilot on the planet.

Plus Hal was associated with the Suicide Squad In the new frontier

The idea is that it would be a small role, pre GL, just to mainly establish the character before Justice League. We've already gotten the other 6 members all but confirmed to make appearances in BVS . It makes perfect sense to give Hal a small role in SS and it ingrains the character into the universe in a way that wouldn't be contrived

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"