Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, this line about BvS from that Guardian article is great:

"...remember that bit where Batman sits down and literally watches trailers for the next three DC movies?"

A lot of people use the majority to prove a point. But the majority proves nothing.

I mean, remember when Galilée had the majority against him?

I trust you mean Galileo? And the sun definitively is at the centre of the solar system. I think whether SS is a good film is just a tad more subjective...

So did the critics. So clearly genre changing masterpiece isn't the problem here. GOTG had none of that either and it's sitting steady at 91%. I mean I'm really glad you enjoyed it and I hope I do too but it's not being criticized because it's just an action movie. It's being criticized for bad filmmaking. Mad Mad Fury Road was just one big, long, car chase and it was lauded because the filmmaking was brilliant.

I don't agree with the critics. GotG was a borefest for me. Suicide Squad is definitely better in terms of action and characterization.

Not every movie has to be a game-changing,philosophical masterpiece with political undertones.

A suicide squad movie isnt that.Its an entertaining action movie,and if it delivers on that front,its job well done.

Heck that why I loved deadpool.
I hope majority of GA will like SS. :D

I agree about not every movie needs to be masterpiece, but loud criticism of both BvS and SS is about jarring editing. Now we know that WB thoughtless meddling is the reason.
At least they need DCEU future movies to be coherent, proper movies with good flow and editing.

LOL, this line about BvS from that Guardian article is great:

"...remember that bit where Batman sits down and literally watches trailers for the next three DC movies?"

Except it wasn't Batman it was Diana.

A lot of controversy on the Batman/Harley scene.

Spoilers
[BLACKOUT]Kyle Buchanan ‏@kylebuchanan Aug 2
In one SUICIDE SQUAD scene, Batman punches Harley in the face, stuffs her unconscious body in his trunk, then gives her weirdly sensual CPR[/BLACKOUT]

However, fans are arguing that this critic is getting it wrong.

竜巻 ‏@LegoIasQuinn 3h3 hours ago
竜巻 Retweeted Kyle Buchanan
This is ***** disgusting.
You're misinterpreting a scene and being incredibly misinformative on purpose.
Why?

but loud criticism of both BvS and SS is about jarring editing.

The only reason I can think of for SS getting the label of having "jarring editing" is the fact that it has a lot of flashbacks. It needs the flashbacks though, to give backstory for these characters. Beyond that, as much as I enjoyed BvS, I have to agree that the film was cut in odd ways. That's not the case with Suicide Squad.

I don't agree with the critics. GotG was a borefest for me. Suicide Squad is definitely better in terms of action and characterization.

Well you must be wrong then, since you don't agree with the majority. :p

A lot of people use the majority to prove a point. But the majority proves nothing.

I mean, remember when Galilée had the majority against him?

So what you're telling me is in a few hundred years this film will be lauded? Not to mention the church had an agenda to shut down Galileo because his theorems went against their teachings. What is the agenda here? If most people aren't responding well to three films in a franchise, surely something is fundamentally broken. Now you may like it and who knows I may love it and that's fine but that doesn't help the box office or how the films are looked at. It's actually quite a bad time to be a DC fan. I mean 29%....FFS.

I trust you mean Galileo? And the sun definitively is at the centre of the solar system. I think whether SS is a good film is just a tad more subjective...

no I mean Galilée, because that's how we call him in my country, but thank you.

Same here.

It'll open big everywhere, no doubt. Front loaded like BvS. Let's watch that Friday to Sunday drop, and second week drop though....

downer much?

He compared the assertion that DCEU movies aren't hot garbage to Galileo Galilei's understanding that the sun is the center of the universe. I just... I can't anymore.
:facepalm:

Mexicans actually got Cinemex trending for cancelling the movie lmao. They're ripping them a new one

So what you're telling me is in a few hundred years this film will be lauded? Not to mention the church had an agenda to shut down Galileo because his theorems went against their teachings. What is the agenda here? If most people aren't responding well to three films in a franchise, surely something is fundamentally broken. Now you may like it and who knows I may love it and that's fine but that doesn't help the box office or how the films are looked at. It's actually quite a bad time to be a DC fan. I mean 29%....FFS.

because there's never been movies that were bashed when they were released and were acclaimed way later in the history of movies.... :o

I agree about not every movie needs to be masterpiece, but loud criticism of both BvS and SS is about jarring editing. Now we know that WB thoughtless meddling is the reason.
At least they need DCEU future movies to be coherent, proper movies with good flow and editing.

100% agreed. No more editing problems in subsequent movies. WB better get it right from now on. I want to see DCEU to achieve success on all fronts. Geoff Johns needs to make it happen.

Cara Delevingne “The critics have been absolutely horrific, they’re really, really horrible. You know, I just don’t think they like superhero movies.”

Yeap. Exactly Cara. Them critics just hate superhero movies. Other than Civil War and Deadpool for some reason.

I havent watched the movie yet,so I dont know.But my friends have liked it and most fans online have said its good enjoyable flick.Hope its the same for me.Gonna see it soon :)

Spoilers
[BLACKOUT]Kyle Buchanan ‏@kylebuchanan Aug 2
In one SUICIDE SQUAD scene, Batman punches Harley in the face, stuffs her unconscious body in his trunk, then gives her weirdly sensual CPR[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]He carried her to the Batmobile. There was no "stuffing her into the trunk". And he gives her CPR only after he checked for a pulse and found none. She woke up and turned it into a kiss.[/BLACKOUT]

Co9n2gcUIAAZHL-.jpg

He compared the assertion that DCEU movies aren't hot garbage to Galileo Galilei's understanding that the sun is the center of the universe. I just... I can't anymore.
:facepalm:

Dude, I just meant the majority is not always right. Of course it's not the same.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-film-suicidesquad-idUSKCN10E28X

"The critics have been absolutely horrific, they're really, really horrible. You know, I just don't think they like superhero movies," Cara Delevingne, who plays the Enchantress, told Reuters at the film's London premiere.

:huh:

I like Cara, but she seems to have a lot to learn about how to carry herself in Hollywood. I mean, there's always going to be a bit of skepticism when a supermodel becomes an actress until they prove themselves. She just made her career a lot harder when it comes to critics' evaluations of her future performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"