Suicide Squad SPOILER Discussion (BEWARE) - Part 1

Originally Joker gave him a gun and told him to kill Harley. He realized that if he kills Harley then Joker would kill him and if he didn't then Joker would probably still kill him for disrespecting both of them earlier because Joker offered Harley as a gift and he refused, so he kills himself with Joker's gun. If you noticed later before Batman showed up during the chase Harley tells Joker "C'mon puddin, do it!". The reason she said that is because Joker was going to crash the car into a wall while she doesn't have a seat belt on because Joker blames her for the deal between Joker and Common's character being ruined. It also explains why he decided to leave her in the car to drown instead of trying to get her out of the water.

Seem to match with this pic where Common is holding a gun in his hand and Joker's holster is empty:
suicide-squad-joker-harley-monster-t.jpg

Just got back from seeing it. Wow. I actually fell asleep during the bar scene.

The only two characters i liked was Deadshot and Harley Quinn. Even Batman felt flat in this. I honestly would watch the Fantastic Four reboot movie again than have to sit through this for a second time.

I should've resurfaced to post back when I first saw the film. Sorry about that.

I won't link to my review on my blog because the last thing I need is people getting angry at the SJW part of my review, but if you must, you can find it at Freethought Blogs, in the blog Atheism, Music, and More. But I won't be debatin' stuff there (or here), so... yeah...

Anyways...

Suicide Squad suffered from the same Ultimate Edition sickness Batman v Superman suffered from... it was damn obvious that a holy heck of a lot was missing.

Deadshot and Harley Quinn were the best, most fleshed out characters. I did enjoy Viola Davis as Amanda Waller, as well, and hope we'll see more of her throughout the DCCU.

That said... Enchantress as the villain was utter crap, and there's no reason Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, or even Aquaman couldn't have decided to step in themselves. There was no reason to activate Task Force X for her... at all. She was poorly thought out, poorly created, and overall just poorly done. I really can't give any opinion on the rest of the Suicide Squad (aside from Deadshot and Harley, obviously) because we just didn't get enough of them. I want to see more of Killer Croc, I really don't care about Captain Boomerang, I'm kind of angry that Diablo died because I thought he was interesting and was hoping there'd be more of him in the future, and Katana was just... there.

Rick Flag and June Moon were similarly just... there.

What really frustrates me is that I couldn't decide how I felt about the Joker. I was one of the rare ones who was really excited for this Joker. I even like the "Damaged" tattoo (sue me). But the Joker was so non-existent in this movie (especially after the hype of basically all the trailers) that I have absolutely no opinion of him. I need to see more of him, so I'm hoping we see him again in the near future.

That said, though... I actually enjoyed Suicide Squad for what it was. I did have fun with it and don't feel like my time was wasted (like I felt after BvS). No, it wasn't a good movie, but then, neither was Blade: Trinity, and I enjoyed that movie, too (while acknowledging just how bad it was). And, as with BvS, I actually don't think the acting was the problem, here. I think everyone did the best they could with what they were given, again.

In terms of acting, the WB keeps getting good talent and then, for whatever reason, undermining them, giving them horrible character outlines and directing. I really should have said this in my Suicide Squad review on my blog, but I'm saying it here. The acting isn't the problem; it's what the actors are being given that's the problem.

Overall, the movie was a third strike, and that has me utterly terrified for Wonder Woman. I really hope WB just leaves it alone and lets Patty Jenkins release her vision, because if they go in and do all these cut-ups and re-shoots and re-edits and whatever, Wonder Woman will probably bomb, too, and I'm pretty sure that would mean the end of the DCCU.

Just... please WB... I'm begging you... don't cut up Wonder Woman. Don't do it. Leave it alone. Let Patty Jenkins' vision shine. Please.

Can we have a petition stating this? To tell WB to just put out what Patty Jenkins gives them?

Please?

Because I am utterly terrified that they will pull this same crap with Wonder Woman, destroying what might be an actually good movie.

And finally... how long before the "Ultimate Cut" of Suicide Squad is announced? What do you think?

I don't think there will be an Ultimate Cut, because the problem of SS isn't making a too long movie into a shorter one. The movie struggled to find it's identity, it's characterizations and it's story.

I don't think there will be an Ultimate Cut, because the problem of SS isn't making a too long movie into a shorter one. The movie struggled to find it's identity, it's characterizations and it's story.

BvS had similar issues, IMO, but we still got an "Ultimate Cut" (which... um... didn't help it). I think we will because it's pretty much known that a holy hell of a lot was cut from SS, so...

At the very least, the Blu Ray's going to have a very long Deleted Scenes section...

Just saw SS Saturday, had a good crowd even on its 4th week.
Anyway, I thought it was great, even despite listening to all these negative reviews for the last few weeks.
I liked the music, the characters, even the ending didnt bother me nearly as much as the critics let on.
I could tell that the Joker and Harley scenes were cut down, but in a movie with 11 plus characters its going to be hard to choose who gets the most scene time. Will did his thing while not being corny or trying to force being a villainous assassin killer down your throat.
Harly was the break out star of the film. I hope they go ahead a green light the sequel and let Ayer do the film he wants to do without too much studio interference. I mean it shows that Ayers loves these characters and gave alot respect to them. We even got Harly in her DCAU costume dancing with the Joker!
I wished that somehow Wonder Woman was responsible for the Enchantress being in the control of Waller, since Batman caught most of the other SS member( and Flash too!)

All in all, i was thoroughly entertained by the movie and cant wait to see it again.

this was absolute TRASH. i dont know what happened but all the excitement vanish in just half an hour. The trailer was exciting, this was just lousy.

Bad acting, trashy story telling, and a complete mess.

son i am disappoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"