Suicide Squad box office prediction - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I wish Cameron would do a comic book movie. Cause you know if he did nobody would dare to push him around and he'd make the movie exactly how he wants to. And it would be an epic.

Damn I wish Cameron would do a comic book movie. Cause you know if he did nobody would dare to push him around and he'd make the movie exactly how he wants to. And it would be an epic.

As long as it's not Spider-Man. His script for that was way too zany. Spiderweb sex scene? No thanks

Doesn't Wonder Woman have a budget of 140 or somewhere around there? Im hoping Flash and Aquaman also get similar budgets. No way should these characters get a BVS or MOS budget. That's just setting them up for failure.

Allegedly, the Wonder Woman movie has a budget of 100M. I. . . just really don't believe that. Not given just the material shown in the trailers. The costumes and set piece battles alone should blow past that, unless they've literally shown every expensive scene in the trailers already.

Allegedly, the Wonder Woman movie has a budget of 100M. I. . . just really don't believe that. Not given just the material shown in the trailers. The costumes and set piece battles alone should blow past that, unless they've literally shown every expensive scene in the trailers already.

It's actually a budget around 150 million.

Gitesh Pandya ‏@GiteshPandya

$6.25M TUE for #SuicideSquad, up 25% from MON. $233.9M cume. Shd break $250M SAT & be at about $263M after 3rd wknd. $300M still possible.

Those are decent numbers.I think it will get to 300 mil domestically.

This movie's box office is really weird to me. What other films have good weekday holds and bad weekend holds?

This movie's box office is really weird to me. What other films have good weekday holds and bad weekend holds?

I am just spitballing here,but I think due to the great marketing for SS,it did amazing OW,and after that it has calmed into a decent BO run.I mean this weekends numbers were GOOD.Last weekdays were good.This weekdays have been good so far.Its just that the OW is too much that made the drop look horrendous.This is just a guess though.

Being realistic it has a much easier road to 300m+ now
I mean after this weekend it will only need to make 38m more
Probably will end up around 301 to 304m

Without taking into account todays sum :

Domestic Box Office $227,644,021
International Box Office $242,500,000
Worldwide Box Office $470,144,021

My final prediction is :

Domestic ~ $300mil
Worldwide~ $625mil

Its a shame.With China it could have potentially reached $700mil.

$300m would be a big achievement for this film.

Agreed. BvS couldnt even reach that right?

It made $330m. Then again judging from the crap from some posters one would think it didn't make a cent.

If SS crosses 300M DOM then 2016 is a weird year because we will enter November without any movie grossing between 156M (XMA and where ST Beyond and Jason Bourne will land) and 299M.

And it's also the first year in which even 363M can't help Deadpool get into Top 5 domestic. And supposed mega-blockbuster BvS is No 7 or even further down.

Gitesh Pandya ‏@GiteshPandya

$6.25M TUE for #SuicideSquad, up 25% from MON. $233.9M cume. Shd break $250M SAT & be at about $263M after 3rd wknd. $300M still possible.
If we're assuming identical legs to BvS it'll land at $288m. If we're going with my previous adjustment it'll make $303m. Can't bother running the full numbers again.

It's at the tail end of summer. College/high school/middle school kids are all still out on break for at least this week. More free time to go out to the theater. BVS and civil war came out during school year.

For my college classes begin next week, and my brothers high school starts the week after that.

$300m would be a big achievement for this film.

A rare feat.

All-Time Comic Book Films in $200m range
WVj4uo8.jpg

All-Time Comic Book Films in $300m and above range
zs7ShqT.jpg

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=comicbookadaptation.htm

So, worst case, SS is looking to at least line up with MoS' domestic gross.

It's rather funny that in the actual Box Office forum, where people mostly know what they are talking about, the tone of the thread is the movie is doing amazing.

Last edited:
A rare feat.
Nice. Getting a fair bit more than TWS just goes to show how great the marketing was (was so good that I like rewatching it all just for the sake of it lol).

It's rather funny that in the actual Box Office forum, where people mostly know what they are talking about, the tone of the thread is the movie is doing amazing.

You know, you should really quit with the patronizing, half insults. People don't last long on the Hype when they pull **** like that. :yay:

300mil domestic is a win for sure,it would show that this movie had decent word of mouth.That would make the final multiplier around 2.25 that is the same as IM3's i.e not great but not crap either.Ofcourse the same could be said for SS as a movie.Its not the complete BO disaster that have have said it is.

Informative glossary on The Numbers:

Fanboy/Fangirl Effect

Certain films and franchises have a very loyal following, usually due to their source material. Fans of these films will flock to see them as soon as they open, either over the opening weekend or, especially, opening night. This inflates box office on these days, reducing both the Internal Multiplier and the overall Multiplier for the film. Since young men tend to be the most ardent fans of major franchises, this is described as the Fanboy Effect. The incredible popularity of the Twilight franchise among young women has led to the rise of the equivalent Fangirl Effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"