Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't have one yet, so I figured I'd make one...

A lot of people seemed to have jumped on a Smith-hate bandwagon once After Earth failed at the domestic box office...many acting like his career was over after one flop. Plus they were acting like he invented nepotism in Hollywood. :whatever:
Will Smith basically went Tom Cruise a few years back without the quality films or performances to keep him relevant imo.

A lot of people seemed to have jumped on a Smith-hate bandwagon once After Earth failed at the domestic box office...many acting like his career was over after one flop. Plus they were acting like he invented nepotism in Hollywood. :whatever:

The CW Deadshot doesn't wear a mask (or does he? Haven't watched the show since the 1st season), so I highly doubt Smith will wear one, at least not for most of the movie.

No, the Arrow Deadshot just has the eyepiece.

I do hope Will has the Deadshot mask and costume. I've always found his costume to be one of the coolest ever; it'd be a shame if he didn't have it. I'm sure we'd still see plenty of his face no matter what they do.

Thanks for my props Spidey!

anigif_enhanced-27373-1397314141-18.gif

Hardy also has a bit of a Gary Oldman thing where sometimes he barely looks like the same person between roles.
This is true. As a kid, I saw a lot of Gary Oldman, but didn't realize it was him until years later. It blew my mind when I found out he was the villain in "The Fifth Element".

Will Smith basically went Tom Cruise a few years back without the quality films or performances to keep him relevant imo.

The cast for this film is impressive. ...regardless of how you feel,about Smirh. Smith is smart to take on this role at this stage of his career.

I hope they kill off Jai Courtney first.

What happened to Black Manta,Deathstroke,King Shark,Solomon Grundy,and Cheetah?

This is true. As a kid, I saw a lot of Gary Oldman, but didn't realize it was him until years later. It blew my mind when I found out he was the villain in "The Fifth Element".

Yeah....and where is my props from you?

62.jpg

The cast for this film is impressive. ...regardless of how you feel,about Smirh. Smith is smart to take on this role at this stage of his career.
I never said he was. I am just pointing out why some have been down on Smith's career as of late.

I'm assuming Harley goes rogue and runs off with Joker in the end

No, the Arrow Deadshot just has the eyepiece.

I do hope Will has the Deadshot mask and costume. I've always found his costume to be one of the coolest ever; it'd be a shame if he didn't have it. I'm sure we'd still see plenty of his face no matter what they do.

I would not be against a costume similar to what Deadshot wore in the train fight from GOTHAM KNIGHT.

This casting announcement has made me ridiculously excited. What will happen once the official picture of the whole squad along with a full fledged shot of the Trinity is released? Good lord...I won't know how to handle all that.

lol just saw someone on Tumblr dismissing Hardy's casting because he played Bane in TDKR. Someone responded by bringing up Chris Evans playing Cap so soon after playing Johnny Storm. The first person responded by saying the F4 movies were "like a decade ago". Rise of the Silver Surfer was 2007, CA: The First Avenger was 2011. TDKR was 2012, and SS will be 2016. Four years apart and four years apart. Toooootally different scenarios.

Throw in the fact that Hardy's face was covered for about 99% of Rises, he put on a different voice, he had no hair and will almost certainly be in different shape as Flag, and.... you've got a typical dumb fanboy thing to b**** about.

The fact that this universe has no connection to the Nolan films is explanation enough, IMO.

This casting announcement has made me ridiculously excited. What will happen once the official picture of the whole squad along with a full fledged shot of the Trinity is released? Good lord...I won't know how to handle all that.

The SDCC before release should have on stage the full Squad and the full League.

If you disn't already know Hardy, you're not gonna know what he looks or sounds like from TDKR, unless you remember that two second glimpse of his face near the end.

I hope they kill off Jai Courtney first.

Well lets see here...

Joker: Highly dangerous and unpredictable psychopath who has evaded death on multiple occasions, formidable combatant, chemical expert.

Harley Quinn: Highly dangerous and unpredictable psychopath, skilled combatant.

Rick Flag: Super soldier, skilled in multiple forms of combat, born leader.

Enchantress: Highly skilled sorceress, can heal herself, teleport and walk through walls.

Boomerang: Throws boomerangs.

Yeah, I'd say there's a pretty good shot he bites it.

Why did they pick Rick Flagg and Captain Boomerang,Boomerang seems like a Hawkeyes ripoff,and Rick Flagg is just a tough guy (he seems like a wasted character).

If you disn't already know Hardy, you're not gonna know what he looks or sounds like from TDKR, unless you remember that two second glimpse of his face near the end.

Seriously, if an actor has appeared in a SUPER small role in a CBM or were virtually un recognizable they shouldn't be disqualified to be cast in another CBM. Evans and Hardy are proof of how shortsighted that view can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"