Supergirl Supergirl Costume Discussion Thread

I'd rather she wear shorts than a skirt. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I understand approving of the aesthetic and/or wanting to respect the character's visual iconography, but I honestly can't believe the skirt has so much support behind it. It just looks so...I don't know. Unprofessional, maybe? Like, I can't imagine why any serious and self-respecting heroine would want to wear a (normal) skirt into battle.

But I don't want to sound like I'm talking down to or unfairly criticizing anybody who likes the look, so if it's your cup of tea, that's totally fine. And it's possible, if the rationale is strong enough, I can be persuaded to like it too.

Also she's not really a "girl" in this version (I've heard rumors that that's actually addressed in the show itself). She's in her mid-20's and trying to start a career. So having her wear a "cheerleader" outfit just doesn't really fit imo. If she was still supposed to be 15/16 like she is in the comics, then ok maybe it would work. But here, not so much.

She does insist that someone at least consider calling her Superwoman in the audition tapes.

Also she's not really a "girl" in this version (I've heard rumors that that's actually addressed in the show itself). She's in her mid-20's and trying to start a career. So having her wear a "cheerleader" outfit just doesn't really fit imo. If she was still supposed to be 15/16 like she is in the comics, then ok maybe it would work. But here, not so much.

As long as she's called "Supergirl",it's still appropriate. Pro NFL cheerleaders wear a heck of a lot less, so by that reckoning, she could wear even less as a 25 y/o Supergirl.:woot:

She does insist that someone at least consider calling her Superwoman in the audition tapes.

:facepalm:

All we need now is a cameo of George Clooney as a reporter. "That's not very PC. How about "Superperson?"

melissa_benoist_as_supergirl_by_stlr888-d8fnkzv.jpg

I really hope they show us something soon. Even a photo of Benoist with blonde hair would be nice.

I really hope they show us something soon. Even a photo of Benoist with blonde hair would be nice.

That's probably the best you can hope for at the moment. We're not getting anything close to an official image until closer to filming, and there's still an entire cast to put together.

Shoot, we don't even have confirmation on a director yet.

G'day,

And if they every do Power Girl the cleavage stays, what it does is emphasize the power of her femininity.

857e2869540d5f95dd306a5a622d79a0-d6f0m39.jpg

G'day,

And if they every do Power Girl the cleavage stays, what it does is emphasize the power of her femininity.
I like that except for the boob window. It emphasizes how salaciously she is rendered she is as opposed to her character. Either cover it up, or just put the S there.

Last edited:
I like the costume idea overall, but I'd like to see it on Melissa Benoist.

You don't know jack about Kryptonian fashion, Whiskey. :o

I hope Supergirl has a cape in this show. I would actually be okay if she has several costumes including the white top one (but maybe not showing off her midriff). But the main one I would like would be a variation on the Helen Slater costume.

Why wouldn't she have a cape?

Because they might not want to animate it each week with CGI? They ought to do it the old-fashioned way how it was done in the old Superman and Supergirl movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"