Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the casting department will do more exciting things than just filling the entire cast with Superman-related stunt casting.

There may be guest appearances for one or two past Superman franchise alumni - the two who have actually played Supergirl being the most likely - but I think CBS won't be as open to as much of that sort of thing as the CW has been.

I'm gald with this casting news... she's a good actress and she's so pretty... So Melissa FTW!!!

For the guys who were asking for manips... Found some...

10606249_857019634365502_2590403639757310288_n.jpg

10432099_857019767698822_2228185945063860057_n.jpg

Last edited:
Will this supergirl and superman be using a different color on the symbol to differenciate from Cavill's Supes?

Justice_Society_of_America_v3_10_art.jpg

I'm only talking about the costume...

I kind of wish that the series started with Kara in high school or even University as a student. Why have they made her older?

Where have they said that?

Will this supergirl and superman be using a different color on the symbol to differenciate from Cavill's Supes?

Justice_Society_of_America_v3_10_art.jpg

I'm only talking about the costume...

Always loved the KC Superman costume, but I hope they keep the usual symbol for Supergirl.

Helen Slater & Marc McClure for Mr & Mrs Danvers. Boom. Get it done.

Bitten has a much shorter schedule (13 episodes in its first season and 10 episodes in its second) than a full-season CBS show. LV could probably find the time for a guest appearance. Plus it wouldn't necessarily have to be a first season thing. If Supergirl runs the distance it could be in a future season, and who knows whether LV will still be making Bitten then. LV playing a villain would be fun, too.

To be honest, I think a lot of people think LV could still play Supergirl. Don't really know wheter she wants to do it again but she could. That's not really the case with Slater. That's definitely a problem for the people behind the show .

yeah, she looks better in some pictures than in others.

still, she doesn't immediately strike me as "Supergirl." I'd say that Claire Holt or Elizabeth Lail give me a more Supergirl vibe right off that bat.

that's why I want to see what Melissa will actually look like blonde and in costume as Kara.

when i heard Claire Holt was one of the people up for the part, i was hoping she'd get it. i would like to see her in a superhero show or movie one day

usually Id agree but blonde is the hardest color to get right as most brunettes that dye it simply dont look good. It tends off looking unnatural and can be distracting if it sticks out as such. Like I never got used to Jessica Alba as Sue Storm and the hair was a big issue bc of that, Ill wait and see how Melissa looks. Hopefully she fares better

sadly, its usually because they don't get it done right. riawna capri is the one who is turning Benoist blonde and she's one of the best out there, so i'm optimistic

So, have they said whether or not Superman will even exist in this continuity? All the descriptions I've heard make it sound like this is a less a story about DC's Supergirl character, and more a story about "what if Superman were a girl" I'm super confused about this.

So, have they said whether or not Superman will even exist in this continuity? All the descriptions I've heard make it sound like this is a less a story about DC's Supergirl character, and more a story about "what if Superman were a girl" I'm super confused about this.

If it is going to be tied to the Arrowverse then Supes will probably not be included (I think the dialogue in the audition vids were just placeholder). Simply because they have said that Batman and Superman are off limits, if that means completely or just in terms of making an appearance I don't know, but I guess we will find out soon.

https://otlnews.wordpress.com/2015/01/29/mehcad-brooks-to-play-jimmy-olsen-in-supergirl/

So, have they said whether or not Superman will even exist in this continuity?

Yes.

Both official descriptions we have mention him (one indirectly and the other directly), and he was mentioned once by name and several times in passing in the sides that were used during the audition process.

I hope this is set in the DCCU and not the Arrow-verse.

1.Female lead not attractive enough to intimidate female viewers. Check
2.Change everything about well known character solely to appease diversity agenda. Check

I guess next they'll announce an upcoming all singing episode.

2.Change everything about well known character solely to appease diversity agenda. Check

If it pisses you off, I'm all for it.

I hope this is set in the DCCU and not the Arrow-verse.

It is taking place in the Arrowverse (aka the DC Berlanti Universe). It was already confirmed nevermind the show being from the same man behind Arrow and Flash

http://tvline.com/2015/01/30/nashville-season-3-rayna-deacon-spoilers/
Do you have any scoop on the upcoming Supergirl TV Show? –SuperSurfSurf
Kara Danvers née Zor-El will have her work cut out for her from the get-go, seeing as her adversary in the series pilot will be the DC Comics baddie Lumberjack. To that end, the CBS freshman is seeking a hulk akin to “Rory McCann, the 6-foot-6 actor from Game of Thrones” (pictured above) to play this “big, burly monster of a man, who has battled Kara’s cousin” — that’d be you-know-who — “in the past” and shows up to ascertain her level of power, on behalf of an unseen superior.
Who's Lumberjack?

I don't even know what this means.
728d38a93941842aca66308b1c974d57.jpg

Grant Gustin was also on Glee. Maybe there could be a crossover with the Flash and Supergirl with the villain being music meister and Neil Patrick Harris can reprise the role.
[YT]sYsT36v_l3Q[/YT]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"