Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
At leat now we have a possible explanation for the young Superman.

Of course, didn't they say he may be recurring though?

So he exists in the Krypton that Kara thinks he survived and any return for the character will probably be in flashbacks with the Danvers?

Of course, didn't they say he may be recurring though?

So he exists in the Krypton that Kara thinks he survived and any return for the character will probably be in flashbacks with the Danvers?

There is an episode coming where
Kara wakes up on Krypton, not knowing why she is there....so, Krypton won't always be flashbacks.

I'm so happy Laura Vandervoort's going to be on the show.

While you have Star Labs in Arrow/ Flash/ Legends, Supergirl will have Project Cadmus and a good way to introduce Superboy although he's tied to Superman more. They should bring in Guardian Jim Harper as well.

There is an episode coming where
Kara wakes up on Krypton, not knowing why she is there....so, Krypton won't always be flashbacks.

Yeah I know, I think you misunderstood me, I was asking how a 13 year old Clark can be recurring if the episode you mentioned is what it is. We know from that story none of what is seen us real. So my only other guesses as to how the actor can recur are, flashbacks to Clark with the Danvers or given the Project Cadmus information the actor returns as Superboy (which personally I would prefer).

That's possible...

Yeah I know, I think you misunderstood me, I was asking how a 13 year old Clark can be recurring if the episode you mentioned is what it is. We know from that story none of what is seen us real. So my only other guesses as to how the actor can recur are, flashbacks to Clark with the Danvers or given the Project Cadmus information the actor returns as Superboy (which personally I would prefer).

I feel like, when it comes to the issue of Superman on this show, they should have gone with the premise that something had happened to Superman that caused him to disappear (perhaps a casualty in space or getting sucked into the PZ, etc).

Thus the show wouldn't have to (poorly) address on why Superman won't get involved, while giving the burden of protecting the world to Kara.

This way, if the character of Superman ever ended up becoming available for the show, they could then bring him back for that event.

From the gang at ET Canada, the stars of Supergirl are quizzed on how they know their superheroes (minor spoiler it's mainly DC). And as you would expect, there's a lot of cheeky fun in this video. But it's amazing how much the cast DOES know, especially Melissa about Superman.

Oh and at the end, she gets in a zinger for one Batman in particular. I'm shocked on the Batman part of the quiz no one said Adam West as this is the 50th anniversary of the debut of that show on ABC. And it did spawn a movie the same year.

[YT]BuHLrltPEwE[/YT]

From the gang at ET Canada, the stars of Supergirl are quizzed on how they know their superheroes (minor spoiler it's mainly DC). And as you would expect, there's a lot of cheeky fun in this video. But it's amazing how much the cast DOES know, especially Melissa about Superman.

Oh and at the end, she gets in a zinger for one Batman in particular. I'm shocked on the Batman part of the quiz no one said Adam West as this is the 50th anniversary of the debut of that show on ABC. And it did spawn a movie the same year.

[YT]BuHLrltPEwE[/YT]

I find it interesting how, when they were asked to name three actors who've portrayed Superman, not one of them mentioned the current Kal-El (Henry Cavill). Christopher Reeve and Brandon Routh got mentioned, as did George Reeves (way to be a student of Superman lore, Melissa!).

(Of course, if Legends of Tomorrow is filmed in LA, which I don't believe it is, chances are the cast has seen Brandon Routh on set.)

Legends of Tomorrow films in Vancouver, alongside Flash, Arrow, and Lucifer. iZombie films very close by as well, in northern Washington.

Legends of Tomorrow films in Vancouver, alongside Flash, Arrow, and Lucifer. iZombie films very close by as well, in northern Washington.

iZombie films in Vancouver too, not Washington.

I feel like, when it comes to the issue of Superman on this show, they should have gone with the premise that something had happened to Superman that caused him to disappear (perhaps a casualty in space or getting sucked into the PZ, etc).

Thus the show wouldn't have to (poorly) address on why Superman won't get involved, while giving the burden of protecting the world to Kara.

This way, if the character of Superman ever ended up becoming available for the show, they could then bring him back for that event.

It doesn't really bother me in all honesty it's no different than the comics. I only wish they would stop with the jabs at times which are designed to make Kara supposedly look like she's either more important or better. Even that's not to big of a deal for me though and it's toned down much like the "im a girl not a man" stuff. I'm fine with blurry Superman, kid Superman and Clark on instant messenger though.

I have always thought that Melissa and Laura Benanti would stir up trouble on the set. My evidence (from Twitter)

CYl1UypWcAAMIWR.jpg

:woot:

What could have made Melissa let loose with such laughter?

I find it interesting how, when they were asked to name three actors who've portrayed Superman, not one of them mentioned the current Kal-El (Henry Cavill). Christopher Reeve and Brandon Routh got mentioned, as did George Reeves (way to be a student of Superman lore, Melissa!).

She must've seen reruns of The Adventures of Superman on MeTV or perhaps on DVD. If she really wanted to wow fans, she could have also said Kirk Allyn, who played Superman in two movie serials in 1948 and 1950.

iZombie films in Vancouver too, not Washington.

Well, actually parts of it could be filmed in Washington State, since Vancouver is a split city.... :)

It doesn't really bother me in all honesty it's no different than the comics. I only wish they would stop with the jabs at times which are designed to make Kara supposedly look like she's either more important or better. Even that's not to big of a deal for me though and it's toned down much like the "im a girl not a man" stuff. I'm fine with blurry Superman, kid Superman and Clark on instant messenger though.

I guess I just don't see it as jabs, Non and Astra have made jabs at Supergirl as well...just a question.

In the last episode, when Non says...

"Astra was wrong, you are as weak as any human" is that a jab, because it is very much like Astra's comment to Kara about Superman.

And as far as the "heir" comment, she IS the legitimate heir to the House of El, she is the oldest.

As far as, let's see, I think another one that has been mentioned before was from Alex. "You are doing more than even Superman"...which she did, WITH THE HELP OF ALEX AND HANK, she defeated a foe that Superman had not defeated, and I have heard from several writers of both Superman and Supergirl that have stated that she is, in fact, in some ways more powerful than Superman, she just doesn't realize her full potential.

So, I don't necessarily see any of this as jabs at Superman per say, but more simple "fact" as far as the "heir" comment, and encouragement as far as Alex's comment.

Just my 2 cents.....:cwink:

I guess I just don't see it as jabs, Non and Astra have made jabs at Supergirl as well...just a question.

In the last episode, when Non says...

"Astra was wrong, you are as weak as any human" is that a jab, because it is very much like Astra's comment to Kara about Superman.

And as far as the "heir" comment, she IS the legitimate heir to the House of El, she is the oldest.

As far as, let's see, I think another one that has been mentioned before was from Alex. "You are doing more than even Superman"...which she did, WITH THE HELP OF ALEX AND HANK, she defeated a foe that Superman had not defeated, and I have heard from several writers of both Superman and Supergirl that have stated that she is, in fact, in some ways more powerful than Superman, she just doesn't realize her full potential.

So, I don't necessarily see any of this as jabs at Superman per say, but more simple "fact" as far as the "heir" comment, and encouragement as far as Alex's comment.

Just my 2 cents.....:cwink:

:up:

Well, actually parts of it could be filmed in Washington State, since Vancouver is a split city.... :)

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the term "split city" there. Mind elaborating?

Supergirl should have her own Doomsday with the character from the New 52 comics Doomed. I would also like to see the Legion of Superheroes where she falls in love with Brainiac 5.

cool info on the master jailer thing, and info on the bizzaro episode. It is great to see laura v is doing a role in the show. I was hoping it happens. Wish it was a bigger character. As i know next to nothing on her character. Also cool info on the superma story about having that perfect life on krypton getting an adaption here. I could totally see this as a episode we see a young kalel in lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"