Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just hit me that they they should've made Mecahd in Val-Zod instead of doing Jimmy.
29967f3a00ed54eddfc0eb4f6acbc5fa.jpg

Would get better use out of him.
lol I'm ok with the young Henry iron's/ steel thing others have said Mecahd should be and more fitting with the bald look he's rocking .

Which is the same bald look I rock my self. .

Need to bring in John Henry Irons, Natasha Irons, Sharon Vance, and Val-Zod, who could easily be from Earth-2 like Dr. Harrison Wells and Jesse Quick.

I fell asleep early last night so I've not seen this weeks yet, but that looks badass! :mnm:

I saw some masks on Malex (my ship name for Maggie and Alex)...appropos given the episode airs on Halloween night next week (evil laughter). And Roulette...mmm MMM; girl rocks a red dress like Jessica Rabbit!

Time for a little Where are they now? And it has to do with Alex...actually little Alex the adorable Jordan Mazarati. Guess who she's been hanging out with...doeppelganger anyone?

From her Instagram

14693722_360168720991011_7744961216019169280_n.jpg

Is it possible we could be seeing more flashbacks, only this time more Alex based instead of Kara and Alex-based?

Oh and just for some kicks, like Chyler Leigh, Jordan is a singer. Here she is in this case taking on an all-time Tom Petty classic.

Jordan, if you don't watch it, you may end up going against Supergirl on "The Voice."

Proving one is never too old to play with toys (aren't we all?! Come on, admit it!) from Chyler's Instagram she is in deep thought with the Martian Manhunter...or an unreasonable fascimile thereof to quote Bugs Bunny.

Love you, J'onn J'onzz... but I guess you already knew that 👽 Respect ~

14368935_326092207762248_7717465501110108160_n.jpg

How cute...and yes I mean you Chyler.

She is stronger with her friends, not necessarily the DEO so breaking away from that would still work. I want her to have a bit of a rougher time then having so much at her disposal.

I know it wont happen but I am still holding out hope for Wondergirl to show up and have them team up.

If they were going to separate her from the DEO longterm, they'd have done it last season. When they had an openly alien J'onn put back in charge of the DEO, they kind of made their choice. The DEO will remain a big part of Kara's life, because Alex and J'onn and Winn are a big part of her life.

Looks like we'll get some flashbacks with Alex this season.

I wonder if the JSA are involved in the Mega-Crossover other than Vixen so I can see a rivalry between Supergirl and Star Girl!!

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I was wondering something during the episode last night. Where did all of the new aliens come from? I don't mean what planets. I mean where have they been and why are we only now hearing about them?

Before, the only aliens who anyone seemed aware of were Superman, Supergirl, and Martian Manhunter. There was the White Martian last year and obviously the Fort Rozz escapees, too. If the only other aliens were known criminals condemned to one of Krypton's harshest sentences, then why wouldn't there be more resistance to the law? Why the sudden influx of aliens (good ones, ordinary ones)?

It seems abrupt, but then no one treats it that way. They have a whole underground system set up, or at least a bar and a hang out, which has been around long enough for Maggie Sawyer to be aware of it and to date one of the aliens there. Introducing legislation, which would be controversial, would usually take awhile to pass and be signed off on. Yet, it doesn't seem suspicious that the matter is all of a sudden a public priority and signed into law? Why would these aliens all come to Earth? Why didn't they do anything during the mind control crisis in last year's finale?

Did anyone else feel it was odd or jarring?

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I was wondering something during the episode last night. Where did all of the new aliens come from? I don't mean what planets. I mean where have they been and why are we only now hearing about them?

Before, the only aliens who anyone seemed aware of were Superman, Supergirl, and Martian Manhunter. There was the White Martian last year and obviously the Fort Rozz escapees, too. If the only other aliens were known criminals condemned to one of Krypton's harshest sentences, then why wouldn't there be more resistance to the law? Why the sudden influx of aliens (good ones, ordinary ones)?

It seems abrupt, but then no one treats it that way. They have a whole underground system set up, or at least a bar and a hang out, which has been around long enough for Maggie Sawyer to be aware of it and to date one of the aliens there. Introducing legislation, which would be controversial, would usually take awhile to pass and be signed off on. Yet, it doesn't seem suspicious that the matter is all of a sudden a public priority and signed into law? Why would these aliens all come to Earth? Why didn't they do anything during the mind control crisis in last year's finale?

Did anyone else feel it was odd or jarring?

Good point in seeing the sudden influx of aliens that we didn't get from the first season. I hope the writers would address during the season.

I think many, if not most are from Ft. Rozz, and then who knows how many fled their planets like Mon-El did....and have come to the planet at different times and then have stayed underground. I'm not sure that its as if they suddenly showed up, as much as it is the fact that the DEO was so focused on the Ft. Rozz escapees that they didn't even realize there were others out there, and they stayed underground and out of sight.

But, I definitely agree, it needs to be dealt with through some exposition as to where they came from....

Extended Episode 4 promo:

I thought this was supposed to be the third.

After two Super Powered Fight Club videos with characters from the other world I expected to see this gal in Arrow or maybe Legends of Tomorrow.

I think many, if not most are from Ft. Rozz, and then who knows how many fled their planets like Mon-El did....and have come to the planet at different times and then have stayed underground. I'm not sure that its as if they suddenly showed up, as much as it is the fact that the DEO was so focused on the Ft. Rozz escapees that they didn't even realize there were others out there, and they stayed underground and out of sight.

But, I definitely agree, it needs to be dealt with through some exposition as to where they came from....

The DEO had Maxima locked up, I don't think she was a Fort Rozz escapee.

The DEO had Maxima locked up, I don't think she was a Fort Rozz escapee.

I don't think that they ever said if she was or wasn't....just that she knew Superman.

Good point about Maxima. When she appeared, she mentioned past encounters with Superman; so she's another alien who may or may not be from Ft. Rozz. Still, if any are from there, they are criminals. I don't see them as the type to assimilate or the type that Alex or Kara would so easily accept as one would accept other immigrants.

It's not even that I can't believe that, like Mon-El or J'onn, some of these aliens were just refugees that laid low for awhile. I'm more curious how these other aliens weren't previously on the DEO's radar or a point of discussion and how, if they are a subculture in hiding, how there could be legislation already. I can maybe see why, if I consider that the President is an alien in secret, but then one would think that more people would be suspicious about her sudden interest in aliens.

Thought I would post another picture from behind the scenes on social media. And this one brings the heat...namely from Nadine (Scorcher) Crocker's Instagram; it's her and Floriana (Maggie) Lima...

14659367_1600401173599068_8699630470511460352_n.jpg

And she said (edited for curse language)

My favorite part of Super Girl? Working with such AMAZING women!! THANK YOU to the amazing cast & crew of #SuperGirl for taking me in & making me feel like one of your own! I miss you immensely, thank you for the memories! So much love for ya! THANK YOU @davidrapaport for making this all possible! ❤️ you immensely!

Another satisfied customer.

it looks like superman will crossing over to Doctor WHo in the CHirtmas Speical this year

It just hit me that they they should've made Mecahd in Val-Zod instead of doing Jimmy.
29967f3a00ed54eddfc0eb4f6acbc5fa.jpg

Would get better use out of him.

They could still do that with an Earth (insert number here) version of Jimmy.

The new alien subculture did seem pretty abrupt. But because of Superman and now Supergirl and Martian Manhunter, the Gov has known about aliens on Earth for quite some time.
It's a shame there wasn't any leads into it from previous episodes though, instead of it just being thrust out there without any foreshadowing.
Really needs a little prequeling!

Kevin Smith's episode starts shooting today. I believe this is the first one after the hiatus, yeah? I wonder if we'll see Tyler back in Vancouver.

Kevin Smith's episode starts shooting today. I believe this is the first one after the hiatus, yeah? I wonder if we'll see Tyler back in Vancouver.

It means they finished with the mega-crossover. Kevin Smith's episode would be Episode 9, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"