Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Maggie Sawyer has joined the DEO. She and Mon-El are great additions to the cast.

I think it would be better is Maggie stays with the NCPD. We don't really get to see much of the local LEA on Supergirl. Flash has Joe West and Arrow had Quentin Lance.
But so far all Supergirl has had involving the NCPD was the cop who turned out to be Master Jailer and a police car that was set on fire by red kryptonite Supergirl.
Maggie would let us see more of the inner workings of the NCPD.

I think it would be better is Maggie stays with the NCPD. We don't really get to see much of the local LEA on Supergirl. Flash has Joe West and Arrow had Quentin Lance.
But so far all Supergirl has had involving the NCPD was the cop who turned out to be Master Jailer and a police car that was set on fire by red kryptonite Supergirl.
Maggie would let us see more of the inner workings of the NCPD.
yeah but most of the local cops are made to be so useless. (And not in that they can't handle crook 's cause the latter are over powered, it's that the cops plain stupid , beyound reproach stupid .) which is why I wanted that fbi lady around cause she's a fed and would have more resources and people around that weren't like lance's police force cause the cops at star city are the worst cops and detectives force in tv history of dc next to what my youngest sister calls the cop's in pretty little lyre's . And that's really bad. I'm not sure if Maggie should stay with them if they are like star city police force cause ughhhhh .

Last edited:
I would like to see the Thanagarian version of HAWKMAN and HAWKWOMAN appear
on Supergirl.
With different actors playing Katar Hol and Shayera Thal.

I would like to see the Thanagarian version of HAWKMAN and HAWKWOMAN appear
on Supergirl.
With different actors playing Katar Hol and Shayera Thal.
the problem wasn't the actor's though . it was how they were written on Lot.
seeing they are from the arrow /flash verse's it's not likely ether. Since they made it clear the exist in barry's universe and that the hawks of that show blood seem's to unlock Thanagarian tech as savage stated. .

I wonder if Maggie will become an official liason between the DEO and NCPD?

I wonder if Maggie will become an official liason between the DEO and NCPD?

That would make more sense than Maggie joining the DEO. The DEO's ranks are already pretty well filled, J'onn J'onzz, Alex Danvers, Kara Danvers, Winn Schott jr.

Yeah, I don't want to see Maggie join the DEO. They kinda casually threw in the idea of the "science police" portion of the NCPD, and I think there's still plenty to mine there in terms of how they operate and how they begin to cooperate and perhaps contend with the (still "secret") DEO. Maggie is perfectly placed to be regularly involved with the DEO's storylines, but also to bring in other storylines that might be outside of DEO purview.

Last edited:
No.....no, no........No Maggie at the DEO.

No Maggie at the DEO. I didn't like the way Winn was drafted to work at the DEO. I would prefer if they don't go the same route again.

I'm glad that Winn is at the DEO, but way too many unanswered questions as to how he got there.

It almost seems like this year that the CW thinks ALL OF THE VIEWERS ARE BRAND NEW, AND KNOW NOTHING OF LAST SEASON.

Last edited:
I don't think Maggie's s aprt of the deo, yet. may latter done in the season or next .

It's best if she's not. The DEO would get too 'top' heavy, and keeping her outside their chain of command would allow for more contention and rivalry. I.E. more heat between Alex and Maggie - which as we see is a good thing...:sly:

And I like Winn at the DEO. With Kara moving out of the Cat Co offices and into the field more often, we would see less of him, like we do of James. We need to keep Winn.

I'm glad that Winn is at the DEO, but way too many unanswered questions as to how he got there.

It almost seems like this year that the CW thinks ALL OF THE VIEWERS ARE BRAND NEW, AND KNOW NOTHING OF LAST SEASON.

So true. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of interviews with Chris Wood I didn't see posted:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/28/supergirl-how-mon-el-fills-the-void-superman-left-behind

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/28/supergirl-chris-wood-mon-el-spoilers

I have to say, I'm excited about the dynamic he seems to be bringing to the show, because aside from Snapper, everyone in Kara's world is pretty positive and supportive. I mean they have disagreements, but she has a good relationship with everyone from J'onn to Cat to Lena Luthor. Snapper is clearly there for us to hate, but it will be nice to see Kara butt heads with someone who's actually kind of likable? Someone who's a bit of a troublemaker but not an antagonist. I feel like this show needed someone like that.

Also, apparently there's a panel with the CW heroes happening at the EW Popfest right now:

EWPopFestttjbU2ZE1u77uoko2_1280_zpsiobnpatb.jpg

Last edited:
The Flash, White Canary, Green Arrow and Supergirl together! :D

Yeah, I don't want to see Maggie join the DEO. They kinda casually threw in the idea of the "science police" portion of the NCPD, and I think there's still plenty to mine there in terms of how they operate and how they begin to cooperate and perhaps contend with the (still "secret") DEO. Maggie is perfectly placed to be regularly involved with the DEO's storylines, but also to bring in other storylines that might be outside of DEO purview.

Agreed, she opens up fresh avenues for stories and offers a different street level set of eyes to the main characters.

Amell is outsmiling them all. :o

OOOH THAT SNEAKY OLIVER QUEEN!

By the way EW has posted a video with Melissa Benoist, Stephen Amell, Grant Gustin, Caity Lotz, and Greg Berlanti.

And there is a title for the crossover...

INVASION

As for this at the end of the article

Ultimately, the question came up over which superhero would win in a showdown between them, and a debate sparked among the actors. Benoist, naturally, thought Supergirl would reign supreme. “She’s got heat vision! She flies!” she argued. Amell wasn’t having it. “I’ll let you destroy each other and then I’ll come in and mop up,” he said.

Sure Arrow, sure!

That would make more sense than Maggie joining the DEO. The DEO's ranks are already pretty well filled, J'onn J'onzz, Alex Danvers, Kara Danvers, Winn Schott jr.

No.....no, no........No Maggie at the DEO.

Whoa, whoa. you all do realize her being an liason in both tv show's and comic's is just a character still working at the same place/ building while they speak on be half of to the place they are at currently . Not the place they formerly worked. So their former place of work won't get into a size match with the new place of work (which would be the DEO)and the people that work there. which is the place the liason is currently working at.

thus looking At show like NCIS and it's spin off Ncis LA both Zeva David who was a former Mossad officer and Deek's who's a l.a.pd detective liason, but the latter is hated by most normal cops in his line of work in Los Angles

the point I'm saying is technically she''ll still be working very close with them(deo) and may have to work in the same building a s the DEO and maybe if they have jer wear protective armor or vest's, she'll be sporting the letters DEO like deek's wear's NCIS even though he's still a liason.

As to Winn I was very happy he joined. But felt it was a bit rushed. how ever he's their tech person and is never likely to see field work / street action hopefully. but knowing the writers.....

It's best if she's not. The DEO would get too 'top' heavy, and keeping her outside their chain of command would allow for more contention and rivalry. I.E. more heat between Alex and Maggie - which as we see is a good thing...:sly:

lol I don't know why but the way you said here look like their issue with each other will lead to angery sex. lol

it must be cause of what I just saw in the latest doctor who spin off "class" tonight with latest episode.

inrality it's the cop's that maggie used to work with that wold be giveing strain to her in reality . not alex. that'sbee about alex going nut ont aliens that won't criminal's if she's not careful.

As I sated though with the way both comic and live action tv writers like to write liason's maggie's likely to be working in the deo office and wearing their vest's when they are doing their missions . all due to the title she has as liason which being a liason is just speaking on the deo's behalf to keep some unruly cop's or other fed's from getting into alex and the other DEO agents face interfering . so technically if that title is used Maggie will be in that building of the DEO and working there. Cause it's how the writers like to push things.

And I like Winn at the DEO. With Kara moving out of the Cat Co offices and into the field more often, we would see less of him, like we do of James. We need to keep Winn.

Like I said I'm good with Winn working there and it's not likely he's gonna be out on the field doing mission's. But you never know with the writers of these shows . but if it were me Winn should just stay the tech guy and make toy's( capture , restraining & subduing gadget's for kara and Alex) on their missions.

Last edited:
The only issue with Winn working at the DEO, in order to get the work place banter, we have to have the really, really weird situation of her writing her articles at the DEO. That bit last episode really made me go "Uhhh"

The only issue with Winn working at the DEO, in order to get the work place banter, we have to have the really, really weird situation of her writing her articles at the DEO. That bit last episode really made me go "Uhhh"
LOL, yeah that one got me too. I was like, "did they give Kara her own work station...to do work for her other job...?"

LOL, yeah that one got me too. I was like, "did they give Kara her own work station...to do work for her other job...?"

What became of the nice, big, white windowless office that Cat gave Kara last season? Why isn't Kara using that? Why did she need Snapper to give her a chair when she already has her own office at CatCo?
Or is that one of the things Flashpoint changed?

What became of the nice, big, white windowless office that Cat gave Kara last season? Why isn't Kara using that? Why did she need Snapper to give her a chair when she already has her own office at CatCo?
Or is that one of the things Flashpoint changed?
Flashpoint didn't affect this Earth, so more like the move to Vancouver changed it. Frankly, that office was dumb and they never should have introduced it last season, imo. It made for a nice scene between Kara/Cat, but did they really expect to have scenes of Kara just sitting alone in her windowless office working, completely isolated from everyone else at CatCo? It was the most visually uninteresting room they could find and the whole idea of it seemed pretty under-cooked to me. It suggested to me that they really didn't know what direction they'd send Kara in yet, career-wise, so it was just kind of a place-holder to say, "hey kid, you're movin' on up...we just don't know where to yet."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back