Supergirl Supergirl Season 2 Episode 9 "Supergirl Lives" MAJOR SPOILERS

Its not about her being selfless, the critiscism is that she is high and mighty about it, pretty much looking down on him for not being just like her and using his abilities just like she would (casting her in a pretty hypocritical light on her as she does this with her job pretty often, especially now that she is a reporter). I know that if I had even a fraction of Superman's powers I'd use them to negotiate deals to take Satellites up for a fraction of the cost among set by the other competitors allowing me to make a mint in a very small amount of time, then use that money to make or to team up with someone who could make a special capsule/ship that I could use to from time to time give millionaires rides into space, all this alongside some crimefighting.

Actually, there has only been 1 article where she has stated that she quoted Supergirl. The article from this last episode she never mentions Supergirl, she only mentions the mom, the daughter, and the one from that particular planet....she doesn't mention a quote from Supergirl. So, as a reporter, she interviewed all of those people about Slavers Moon and got her story. It is no different from her walking into Lena Luthors office and asking her about her mom to get an article. She is still doing the work of a reporter.

I mean, you can analyze the hell out of it until it is no longer enjoyable for you, but for most that frequent this forum, they just enjoy the show. :/

Actually, there has only been 1 article where she has stated that she quoted Supergirl. The article from this last episode she never mentions Supergirl, she only mentions the mom, the daughter, and the one from that particular planet....she doesn't mention a quote from Supergirl. So, as a reporter, she interviewed all of those people about Slavers Moon and got her story. It is no different from her walking into Lena Luthors office and asking her about her mom to get an article. She is still doing the work of a reporter.

I mean, you can analyze the hell out of it until it is no longer enjoyable for you, but for most that frequent this forum, they just enjoy the show. :/

It isn't about quoting her, it is about using powers to do the heavy work of the job (rescuing the people) so she did use her powers for her job to get a story. All of which doesn't matter as my original point still stands.

It isn't about quoting her, it is about using powers to do the heavy work of the job (rescuing the people) so she did use her powers for her job to get a story. All of which doesn't matter as my original point still stands.

She went looking for her as Kara the Reporter, she saved her life as Supergirl, that goes hand in hand beautifully IMO....BUT,

Again, and I will leave it at this....you analyze it enough to not enjoy it, well then you won't enjoy it. So, maybe it just isn't your cup of tea.... :yay:

She went looking for her as Kara the Reporter, she saved her life as Supergirl, that goes hand in hand beautifully IMO....BUT,

Again, and I will leave it at this....you analyze it enough to not enjoy it, well then you won't enjoy it. So, maybe it just isn't your cup of tea.... :yay:

I don't really look at it as analyzing when it is my gut reaction and the first thing I notice, I mean really if it is easy for me to see and I can see easy unobtrusive fixes, then why can't they?

I don't really look at it as analyzing when it is my gut reaction and the first thing I notice, I mean really if it is easy for me to see and I can see easy unobtrusive fixes, then why can't they?

Because maybe, you have your opinion, which is perfectly valid to have, but it isn't the end all???

Because maybe, you have your opinion, which is perfectly valid to have, but it isn't the end all???

It isn't really an opinion thing when in general what I am seeing are basic writing fails, such as those shields ever working.

It isn't really an opinion thing when in general what I am seeing are basic writing fails, such as those shields ever working.

Hmmm...still an opinion. We all have them, no biggie. :cwink:

I totally forgot this was coming back on this soon! For some reason I thought there was another month to go...:loco: One more to go and I'm caught up, but this was a good episode to come back to!
Kevin Smith does some damn fine work.

This episode was fun and entertaining, especially Kara and Mon-El. At the end on the couch, sharing the blanket and the look on Kara's face, was cute. I hope he gets a super-cool costume!
Interesting though that the Dominator bowed to Mon-El... Considering how he later states that he didn't think the 'Prince' was all that special, I'm guessing he has some past dealings that are really going to upset Kara. Especially now as they're going full Hero with him.

James, again, was okay for what they have him doing. And yes, that he is now 'separate' from the others doesn't really allow him to keep his place among Kara's Gang. When he shows up, it's kind of like 'oh look, Guardian...:whatever:' The one person James has the best chemistry with now is Winn, and that's the one shining mark for him, their 'bromance.' At the end, I loved it when Winn was showing off and James was just all grins for his BFF!:woot:
Plus, I loved the Red Shirt joke.

And Alex and Maggie continue to inspire the cute-n-cuddlies.:ilv: Though if I was writing that scene where Alex freakes out, I would have had Maggie nod sagely, then grab her by the shirt, kiss her hard and then say she'd see her at her apartment later!
For Alex's first ever relationship, Maggie has to take some of these little hiccups in stride and be the Big Girl.:cwink:

I also thought the sun-grenade was pretty neat. A hand-held UV bomb comes in pretty handy. It was also used pretty well. There was no reason to use it sooner, as Alex and the 'troops' were handling it pretty well. But an on-coming alien attack ship, definitely time to lob it into play!
Another thing I wish, was that Kara would have been able to adsorb some of that energy from the shock-prods.

As to her immediately losing/gaining her powers, the only way to explain it is as UV saturation. The Earth is getting bathed with UV light constantly, so it could be that yellow/red sun light is pretty much soaked into everything on whichever planet you go to.

*Alex blasts an alien with an alien pistol*
"Dibs"
:funny:

I was expecting something there, and I loved it! Hope it doesn't disappear.

Why can't Martian Manhunter wear a spacesuit? The air on the moon is non-existent for humans so they wouldn't be able to survive. Do they go there just dressed normally? They wear space suits to protect them from the environment. If J'onn wore a spacesuit, wouldn't he be like anyone else who visited an alien planet where the air is toxic to them and they wear protection?

I would say it was probably just too much of a liability. If his suit were to get ripped or even wearing a breather mask and having it knocked off would kill him easily.

Its not about her being selfless, the critiscism is that she is high and mighty about it, pretty much looking down on him for not being just like her and using his abilities just like she would (casting her in a pretty hypocritical light on her as she does this with her job pretty often, especially now that she is a reporter).

To be fair, she's come a long way from that overbearing trope. Plus, Mon-El didn't go into construction or some other heavy lift industry. He went right to Enforcer...

She didn't really know him, and I think she still really doesn't, but she is a person with high ideals and would like to see that in someone who is as close to a Kyrptonian that she is going to get, except for her cousin.

Overall a great comeback as far as I am concerned!:woot:

I enjoyed this episode, it's the first episode I've truly enjoyed for a while. I missed Supergirl during the hiatus. Before it I think I'd gotten a little bored with the show and I still think the show has some way to go before it reaches the levels of the first two episodes of Season 2 but this was a step in the right direction.

What the hell is going on with Mon El? That's an interesting plot thread.

I didn't give a **** about Maggie and Alex, I have zero interest in the relationship.

I loved that they got in a reference to the 'thanagarian snare beast', another Kevin Smith directed episode of a CW TV show nails it.

7(.5)/10

I totally forgot this was coming back on this soon! For some reason I thought there was another month to go...:loco: One more to go and I'm caught up, but this was a good episode to come back to!
Kevin Smith does some damn fine work.

This episode was fun and entertaining, especially Kara and Mon-El. At the end on the couch, sharing the blanket and the look on Kara's face, was cute. I hope he gets a super-cool costume!
Interesting though that the Dominator bowed to Mon-El... Considering how he later states that he didn't think the 'Prince' was all that special, I'm guessing he has some past dealings that are really going to upset Kara. Especially now as they're going full Hero with him.

James, again, was okay for what they have him doing. And yes, that he is now 'separate' from the others doesn't really allow him to keep his place among Kara's Gang. When he shows up, it's kind of like 'oh look, Guardian...:whatever:' The one person James has the best chemistry with now is Winn, and that's the one shining mark for him, their 'bromance.' At the end, I loved it when Winn was showing off and James was just all grins for his BFF!:woot:
Plus, I loved the Red Shirt joke.

And Alex and Maggie continue to inspire the cute-n-cuddlies.:ilv: Though if I was writing that scene where Alex freakes out, I would have had Maggie nod sagely, then grab her by the shirt, kiss her hard and then say she'd see her at her apartment later!
For Alex's first ever relationship, Maggie has to take some of these little hiccups in stride and be the Big Girl.:cwink:

I also thought the sun-grenade was pretty neat. A hand-held UV bomb comes in pretty handy. It was also used pretty well. There was no reason to use it sooner, as Alex and the 'troops' were handling it pretty well. But an on-coming alien attack ship, definitely time to lob it into play!
Another thing I wish, was that Kara would have been able to adsorb some of that energy from the shock-prods.

As to her immediately losing/gaining her powers, the only way to explain it is as UV saturation. The Earth is getting bathed with UV light constantly, so it could be that yellow/red sun light is pretty much soaked into everything on whichever planet you go to.

I was expecting something there, and I loved it! Hope it doesn't disappear.

I would say it was probably just too much of a liability. If his suit were to get ripped or even wearing a breather mask and having it knocked off would kill him easily.

To be fair, she's come a long way from that overbearing trope. Plus, Mon-El didn't go into construction or some other heavy lift industry. He went right to Enforcer...

She didn't really know him, and I think she still really doesn't, but she is a person with high ideals and would like to see that in someone who is as close to a Kyrptonian that she is going to get, except for her cousin.

Overall a great comeback as far as I am concerned!:woot:

Eh her attitude to me still felt like even if he had gone into construction or something else and was using his powers to keep the job or as the job she still would have been hyper critical like she was with Mon-el at CatCo.

Last edited:
I enjoyed this episode, it's the first episode I've truly enjoyed for a while. I missed Supergirl during the hiatus. Before it I think I'd gotten a little bored with the show and I still think the show has some way to go before it reaches the levels of the first two episodes of Season 2 but this was a step in the right direction.

What the hell is going on with Mon El? That's an interesting plot thread.

I didn't give a **** about Maggie and Alex, I have zero interest in the relationship.

I loved that they got in a reference to the 'thanagarian snare beast', another Kevin Smith directed episode of a CW TV show nails it.

7(.5)/10

While I had my problems with it was still enjoyable 6/10.

Oh and Guardian just stop that storyline. At first I was intrigued but now it's just ridiculous. Just write Jimmy out.

Oh and Guardian just stop that storyline. At first I was intrigued but now it's just ridiculous. Just write Jimmy out.

I suppose if Lois Lane, Lucy Lane, and Lana Lang can be Superwoman in the comic books, James Olsen has just as much right to be a superhero on TV.

I suppose if Lois Lane, Lucy Lane, and Lana Lang can be Superwoman in the comic books, James Olsen has just as much right to be a superhero on TV.

Their development into that character were well done. This one was not...as far as the three, the only one I'm familiar with as Superwoman is Lucy Lane, and that didn't turn out well for her.....she was killed by Supergirl....by accident, but she was killed.

If Lucy returns, I wonder if they will build her up to become Superwoman.

If Lucy returns, I wonder if they will build her up to become Superwoman.

Hope not. Lucy Lane has never been a favorite of mine, more of a toss-away character. Should she return, hopefully she'll reignite the 'flames-o-love' in James and, after finding out that he's Guardian, she'll demand a suit of her own and they'll become a crime fighting duo way out west...

The only woman I want to see becoming Superwoman on Supergirl is Alex!!
:woot:

Hope not. Lucy Lane has never been a favorite of mine, more of a toss-away character. Should she return, hopefully she'll reignite the 'flames-o-love' in James and, after finding out that he's Guardian, she'll demand a suit of her own and they'll become a crime fighting duo way out west...

The only woman I want to see becoming Superwoman on Supergirl is Alex!!
:woot:
The only way I want Superwoman on the series is if they follow the comics......I don't want another Guardian fiasco.

It's not about right though it's about telling a good story and I just don't think they are where Jimmy is concerned.

The only way I want Superwoman on the series is if they follow the comics......I don't want another Guardian fiasco.

James is no Alex! Alex has been a Hero from the start with no muddle-ground.:cwink:

Picture the role reversal, with Kara teaching Alex how to get a handle on those super powers, and perhaps feeling even closer to her sister than ever. And perhaps Alex not at first really appreciating that reversal from 'big sister' protector to mere student.

Or reading up on Wiki, give her the Lucy Lane story arc, including the apparent death/metamorphosis at the end. The dynamic of the Danvers Sisters relationship would change drastically with Kara having accidentally killed her sister while trying to save her, with the ultimate goal of eventually getting Alex back on Team Supergirl.

Last edited:
James is no Alex! Alex has been a Hero from the start with no muddle-ground.:cwink:

Picture the role reversal, with Kara teaching Alex how to get a handle on those super powers, and perhaps feeling even closer to her sister than ever. And perhaps Alex not at first really appreciating that reversal from 'big sister' protector to mere student.

Kara was never a mentor to Superwoman...she is being a mentor to Mon El, so that is being fulfilled, and you missed my point. Guardian fiasco meaning, going totally away from the comics. I don't mind alternative looks at the characters, but making Alex Superwoman is putting her on a path that really doesn't follow her character OR Superwomans history. Much the same way Guardian has gone...and that has not worked. No more superheroes close to Kara's abilities are needed....it's already getting crowded. Let's keep a few normal people as heroes.

I didn't miss your point. I was just concentrating on another aspect of it...:woot: Plus, Alex is already far away from the comics, being an original character on the CW show, so she doesn't have any set-in-comic story-arc.

Or reading up on Wiki, give her the Lucy Lane story arc, including the apparent death/metamorphosis at the end. The dynamic of the Danvers Sisters relationship would change drastically with Kara having accidentally killed her sister while trying to save her, with the ultimate goal of eventually getting Alex back on Team Supergirl.

Last edited:
Which means they need to stick to that keep her original, why change a characters Canon like Superwoman when you don't have to, again hasn't worked with Jimmy or Guardian, why make the mistake again.....James really isn't taken from the comics either...Alex is a strong character as is, no need to make her a hero, she already is one.

Which means they need to stick to that keep her original, why change a characters Canon like Superwoman when you don't have to, again hasn't worked with Jimmy or Guardian, why make the mistake again.....James really isn't taken from the comics either...Alex is a strong character as is, no need to make her a hero, she already is one.

If Alex needs to be anyone else she should be Batwoman. It makes more sense as Batwoman and Maggie Sawyer are romantically linked in the comic books.
And Melissa Benoist did say that Alex should become Batgirl. (Maybe not knowing about Batwoman)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"