"Superman 2.0" Plot revealed?

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by protocida, Jul 27, 2010.

1. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

If it's true, then :awesome:.

2. GreenKToo

GreenKToo In the fire

Thats kinda old, but since they missed out on their prediction about Flash, WW, Aquaman, and JL, i'm not gonna buy the rest either.

3. \S/

\S/ The Real Steel Deal

Read this on CBM. I think it's utterly false. Here's why:

1-I'm not saying the new film won't borrow from existing comic arcs, but this really just seems like the writer took elements from Geoff Johns' "Superman: Brainiac" and "Superman: Secret Origin" and then tossed in the Metropolis PD angle because somehow, a Superman movie with Nolan as producer would have to involve police after TDK.

2-I seriously doubt that sensitive information of a film of this stature would be passed around on paper through folks like the writer claims to be. Seriously, I'd think writers/producers/execs would be sharing info digitally and securely and very likely don't even print out "notes" anymore.

Ultimately, I think this is just someone trying to tap into the buzz around the new movie with a "leak" that is nothing more than fabrication.

That said, the film would do well to be inspired by the arcs mentioned.

\S/

4. Original Spawn

Original Spawn Well-Known Member

Haven´t they said that the new superman film wouldn´t be nor a sequel nor a reboot, with it being another superman story with superman already intalled in metropolis?

5. Abraham

Abraham Well-Known Member

meh... previous reports sounded waaaay better. Hope this isnt true.

6. Original Spawn

Yeah, we already learned of superman origins, chris nolan said that they were trying to make it set when clark is already superman because they wanted to make something new.

7. Changeling

Changeling Well-Known Member

Yeah think its fake dont worry

8. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

I actually wrote a script for Superman that was alot like this fake report.
    I hope in the actual film the police and Daily Planet staff play a good sized role

9. Original Spawn

In my invented superman film stories i always imagined supes 1 with lex and metallo, the supes 2 with parasite and bizarro, supes 3 with zod and other criminals, supes 4 and 5 shot back-to-back with supergirl, the superman red and blue arc, darkseid as the villain in the 4th and brainiac as a minor villain in the 4th and he main villain in the 5th, then my story of the 6th was pratically with doomsday.
    I prefer the original idea of having the film set when superman is already fighting crime in metropolis for some time, because that´s new and fresh.

10. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

How is that "new and fresh"?
    Its been like that in comics for decades
    and tehn every film besides Superman: The Movie have been like that

Not saying its a bad idea

11. Original Spawn

Yeah, but for a reboot they should for now stay away from the origin, the other films have been sequels, even superman returns was kind of a sequel to superman the movie and superman II.

12. batman44

batman44 Go Speed GO

I think that's fake, but I would have loved for that to be true.

13. Original Spawn

While i prefer the version of superman already extablished i think that Nolan knows what he´s doing.

14. Matt

Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

I don't. "Neither a sequel or a reboot." Hasn't Warners learned their lesson from Bryan Singer's failed attempt at a re-quel?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  15. Original Spawn

Ask that to nolan, it was that what he said before.

16. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

I want a full on reboot too but they apperently can't do it because of the whole legal battle over the character and his world.

I've expected that we aren't getting a full reboot and I've gotten over my crushing disappointment about it.

And I really don't believe that story because it sounds far too much like TDK. Sounds like nerd fanfic to me.

If that were true it would be proof that Goyer and Nolan were turning Superman into their Batman. And yeah, I'd be pissed off about that but again I'm not because I don't believe it.

17. Man of Tomorrow

Man of Tomorrow Well-Known Member

They're only making this film to settle the lawsuit problems.

They initially had zero interest in doing another Superman or rebooting the franchaise.

It makes sense Nolan's new movie isn't a reboot or sequel, but just his take on Superman.

18. Matt

Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

It honestly wouldn't suprise me. I've said for a very long time that Nolan is wrong for this. Warner's is making the same mistake they made with Singer. Giving complete control to a good director who has had success with other comic movies but is in no way right for Superman. I expect the results to be just as bad. Especially sine its turning into little more than an exercise in Hollywood nepotism.

19. FaT_tONle

FaT_tONle Well-Known Member

Street Gangs... Luther funding criminals? Sounds like BB with the lead dressed up as Superman... I am all for realism to the utmost extent but this is Superman. It will be interesting to see how they incorporate the super villain into the movie, whatever it ends up being about.

20. SuperDaniel

SuperDaniel Well-Known Member

I hope this is true because it sounds like the best Superman movie ever. Its hilarious that people are complaining about it. Instead, we should have a petition for it TO BE TRUE. It would be a dream Superman movie!!!

21. Original Spawn

Chis Nolan is not going to direct this, it is going to be his brother jonathan nolan who is going to do that.

22. SuperDaniel

SuperDaniel Well-Known Member

LETS HOPE THIS IS TRUE. I can't believe you guys are complaining about this storyline. REALLY! C'MON!

23. Original Spawn

I´m only complaining about making this is an origin story, they can´t do that because of the tribunal desputes.

24. Matt

Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

Jonah Nolan is little more than a puppet for Chris to whom this project really belongs.

25. Webhead2006

Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

yea this was talked about last week in the nolan thread, and as cool as the details do sound for it we dont know if its true or not. And for me i still say what ever this reboot is it should have some origin elments for krypton, and why clark becomes superman and all that.