"Superman 2.0" Plot revealed?

protocida

Avenger
Reaction score
Here is some inside news regarding the new Superman Reboot scheduled for release on December 21, 2012 to be directed by Jonathan Nolan and produced by brother Christopher Nolan and his wife Emma Thomas.

David Goyer and Christopher Nolan penned the story around August 2008 end left it in the cupboard until July 2009 when Nolan approached Warner Bros. with the story. They were already looking for writers by then but were so impressed that they told Goyer to go away and finish the story and approached Jonathan Nolan about scripting the project. Jonathan was interested in directing the project which made Chris Nolan even more interested and agreed to produce if Jonathan Nolan could Direct. David Goyer was penning the full story by now and approached Warner about directing duties but said they would decide around April 2010.

Jonathan Nolan is inline to direct which should be confirmed on 26 July at San Diego Comic Con where other announcements will be made with regard to Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman leading to a Justice League movie.

Now, I have seen a quick glimpse of the Superman Reboot story in NOTE FORM and can tell you that the Metropolis Police Department are featured heavily in the story trying to overcome the rising gang Intergang who are funded by Lex Luthor and do his "dirty business". "Clark Kent" is not Superman until about 1/3 of the movie has passed and this exclusive news "rejuvinates" the failing Daily Planet reputation and also springboards the career of Lois Lane.

I know that Brainiac comes to Earth about half way through the movie but didn't see the page of why he comes to earth as my co-worker was hogging the pages. Brainiac does cause some damage on Earth and interacts and takes over technology and stuff like that. He also kills a key person in the Superman mythology but I won't reveal who but it isn't Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen or Perry White.

Characters like Detectives Dan Turpin and Maggie Sawyer are featured heavily in the story along with Commisioner Henderson.

Daily Planet staff Cat Grant, Ron Troupe and Steve Lombard are also in the story but all of these are subject to change as well all know. I don't know about casting but I do know what happens in the story. It is very much like The Dark Knight in the way you read it and how you picture it when you read it. I'm really excited about this movie and can't wait until it comes out.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LatestComicMovies/news/?a=20265

If it's true, then :awesome:.

Thats kinda old, but since they missed out on their prediction about Flash, WW, Aquaman, and JL, i'm not gonna buy the rest either.

Read this on CBM. I think it's utterly false. Here's why:

1-I'm not saying the new film won't borrow from existing comic arcs, but this really just seems like the writer took elements from Geoff Johns' "Superman: Brainiac" and "Superman: Secret Origin" and then tossed in the Metropolis PD angle because somehow, a Superman movie with Nolan as producer would have to involve police after TDK.

2-I seriously doubt that sensitive information of a film of this stature would be passed around on paper through folks like the writer claims to be. Seriously, I'd think writers/producers/execs would be sharing info digitally and securely and very likely don't even print out "notes" anymore.

Ultimately, I think this is just someone trying to tap into the buzz around the new movie with a "leak" that is nothing more than fabrication.

That said, the film would do well to be inspired by the arcs mentioned.

\S/

Haven´t they said that the new superman film wouldn´t be nor a sequel nor a reboot, with it being another superman story with superman already intalled in metropolis?

meh... previous reports sounded waaaay better. Hope this isnt true.

Yeah, we already learned of superman origins, chris nolan said that they were trying to make it set when clark is already superman because they wanted to make something new.

I actually wrote a script for Superman that was alot like this fake report.
I hope in the actual film the police and Daily Planet staff play a good sized role

In my invented superman film stories i always imagined supes 1 with lex and metallo, the supes 2 with parasite and bizarro, supes 3 with zod and other criminals, supes 4 and 5 shot back-to-back with supergirl, the superman red and blue arc, darkseid as the villain in the 4th and brainiac as a minor villain in the 4th and he main villain in the 5th, then my story of the 6th was pratically with doomsday.
I prefer the original idea of having the film set when superman is already fighting crime in metropolis for some time, because that´s new and fresh.

I prefer the original idea of having the film set when superman is already fighting crime in metropolis for some time, because that´s new and fresh.
How is that "new and fresh"?
Its been like that in comics for decades
and tehn every film besides Superman: The Movie have been like that

Not saying its a bad idea

Yeah, but for a reboot they should for now stay away from the origin, the other films have been sequels, even superman returns was kind of a sequel to superman the movie and superman II.

I think that's fake, but I would have loved for that to be true.

While i prefer the version of superman already extablished i think that Nolan knows what he´s doing.

While i prefer the version of superman already extablished i think that Nolan knows what he´s doing.

I don't. "Neither a sequel or a reboot." Hasn't Warners learned their lesson from Bryan Singer's failed attempt at a re-quel?

Last edited:
I don't. "Neither a sequel or a reboot." Hasn't Warners learned their lesson from Bryan Singer's failed attempted a re-quel?
I want a full on reboot too but they apperently can't do it because of the whole legal battle over the character and his world.

I've expected that we aren't getting a full reboot and I've gotten over my crushing disappointment about it.

And I really don't believe that story because it sounds far too much like TDK. Sounds like nerd fanfic to me.

If that were true it would be proof that Goyer and Nolan were turning Superman into their Batman. And yeah, I'd be pissed off about that but again I'm not because I don't believe it.

I don't. "Neither a sequel or a reboot." Hasn't Warners learned their lesson from Bryan Singer's failed attempt at a re-quel?

They're only making this film to settle the lawsuit problems.

They initially had zero interest in doing another Superman or rebooting the franchaise.

It makes sense Nolan's new movie isn't a reboot or sequel, but just his take on Superman.

I want a full on reboot too but they apperently can't do it because of the whole legal battle over the character and his world.

I've expected that we aren't getting a full reboot and I've gotten over my crushing disappointment about it.

And I really don't believe that story because it sounds far too much like TDK. Sounds like nerd fanfic to me.

If that were true it would be proof that Goyer and Nolan were turning Superman into their Batman. And yeah, I'd be pissed off about that but again I'm not because I don't believe it.

It honestly wouldn't suprise me. I've said for a very long time that Nolan is wrong for this. Warner's is making the same mistake they made with Singer. Giving complete control to a good director who has had success with other comic movies but is in no way right for Superman. I expect the results to be just as bad. Especially sine its turning into little more than an exercise in Hollywood nepotism.

Street Gangs... Luther funding criminals? Sounds like BB with the lead dressed up as Superman... I am all for realism to the utmost extent but this is Superman. It will be interesting to see how they incorporate the super villain into the movie, whatever it ends up being about.

I hope this is true because it sounds like the best Superman movie ever. Its hilarious that people are complaining about it. Instead, we should have a petition for it TO BE TRUE. It would be a dream Superman movie!!!

Chis Nolan is not going to direct this, it is going to be his brother jonathan nolan who is going to do that.

LETS HOPE THIS IS TRUE. I can't believe you guys are complaining about this storyline. REALLY! C'MON!

I´m only complaining about making this is an origin story, they can´t do that because of the tribunal desputes.

Chis Nolan is not going to direct this, it is going to be his brother jonathan nolan who is going to do that.

Jonah Nolan is little more than a puppet for Chris to whom this project really belongs.

yea this was talked about last week in the nolan thread, and as cool as the details do sound for it we dont know if its true or not. And for me i still say what ever this reboot is it should have some origin elments for krypton, and why clark becomes superman and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"