"Superman 2.0" Plot revealed?

This will be Chris Nolan's vision of Superman, not the directors.

We already know this from Chris' interview. This is a 'how would Nolan approach Superman' situation.

^^^I think thats a shame. They should get a director with his own vision, not a puppet like Matt said

Yep. Which is why he is putting his brother at the helm. Who better to serve as a puppet? And sadly it matters not to Warners that Nolan is every bit as wrong for the job as Singer was.

Its CBM...Can you honestly trust anything on that site?

Synger was bad because he admited that he is better with ensemble casts but nolan, i have high hopes in him, but now you all waked me up, and i´m begining to be afraid of the man of steel film.

this contradicts the GREAT news we've been getting.

TDK-esque is NOT how I want Superman described.

Showing up a third into the film? lame, this is an ESTABLISHED superman story.

This:

"This Superman is neither a reboot or a sequel. It's just a Superman film. The basic elements of the storyline are: BIG action, BIG set-pieces, witty dialogue, playful romance, a light-hearted feelgood mood juxtaposed with derring-do and danger, top-notch cast, epic feel, sci-fi background BUT with some sort of huge twist on the legend."

"I can tell you that Goyer's story involves Luthor and Brainiac. It is NOT an origin and assumes audiences already know about Lois, Clark, Jimmy and Perry. I know the Daily Planet is struggling due to the internet. And I know it sets up a huge Kryptonian mythology."

IS PERFECT, AMAZING

and while this, hopefully fake, summary sounds like it was written by someone who read those two fantastic little pieces of info - it wasn't written by someone who understands why those two nuggets of info got the fan community so excited for this movie.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com has thankfully been glaringly misinformed and just outright wrong on many occasions - lets hope this note-form version of the Superman reboot is them being wrong yet again.

Street Gangs... Luther funding criminals? Sounds like BB with the lead dressed up as Superman... I am all for realism to the utmost extent but this is Superman.

Mobster-what are we going to do? The Superman(yes they call him "THE SUPERMAN") ;) is running us out of Metropolis

ha...ha....ha....ha....ha

Luthor enters

Luthor- A year ago these streets belonged to you guys. What happened, did your balls drop off?

:cwink:

This thread is just misinformation and false information, that was already reported in the Nolan Superman thread a while back.

Might as well close it.

They're only making this film to settle the lawsuit problems.

They initially had zero interest in doing another Superman or rebooting the franchaise.

It makes sense Nolan's new movie isn't a reboot or sequel, but just his take on Superman.

Exactly. This movie is made completely for legal reasons and not at all for artistic reasons. DC has shut the door on Superman until the get the rights under complete financial control. That is why the rights and control owned Batman is their main character and why Superman is basically a jobber.

Not DC, but Robinov and Co. I'm hoping this movie will be a success and change their minds, but it depends on the decisions they make here.

if there is no article on the TMNT site then i will not ever read a line.

It will be kinda funny (but not really) if all those that said this film will be dark because its nolan's baby, turn out to be right.
i'm just pondering a what if, dont get ur knickers in a knot.

Last edited:
Guys, guys, guys...c'mon, this isn't true. And can someone remind me when it was CONFIRMED that A) Jonah Nolan is directing this and B) it isn't going to be a reboot?

If memory serves, both of those bits of info are still suspect and in no way official.

So other than wanting to find something to piss and moan about, why overreact about this?

We need a pinned thread in this forum that states all the facts we have about this film so as to stop this kind of senseless decrying of a movie we know almost zip about.

\S/

Yep. Which is why he is putting his brother at the helm. Who better to serve as a puppet? And sadly it matters not to Warners that Nolan is every bit as wrong for the job as Singer was.

Chris Nolan will be directing Batman while this thing shoots. He'll be involved but it won't be the extent you think.

Jonah Nolan will be a puppet, but it will be W.B. Executives puppet, not his brothers.

i wonder if the studio realizes that this is either the beginning or the end of superman. if they can't get this movie to work the rights revert back to the creator's family, and wb/dc might be done with superman for good. it's why i think they'll be really meticulous on everything that's done with this movie from story to crew to casting. this "plot" seems too good to be true.

This is as fake as a rake, any objections if I close it?

Synger was bad because he admited that he is better with ensemble casts but nolan, i have high hopes in him, but now you all waked me up, and i´m begining to be afraid of the man of steel film.

That's funny, because I didn't think Singer handled the ensemble in Valkyrie all that well.

i wonder if the studio realizes that this is either the beginning or the end of superman. if they can't get this movie to work the rights revert back to the creator's family, and wb/dc might be done with superman for good. it's why i think they'll be really meticulous on everything that's done with this movie from story to crew to casting. this "plot" seems too good to be true.

My understanding was that DC keeps the rights if they make the film, period. So they'll have a lock on them no matter how well the movie does.

\S/

Guys, guys, guys...c'mon, this isn't true. And can someone remind me when it was CONFIRMED that A) Jonah Nolan is directing this and B) it isn't going to be a reboot?

If memory serves, both of those bits of info are still suspect and in no way official.

So other than wanting to find something to piss and moan about, why overreact about this?

We need a pinned thread in this forum that states all the facts we have about this film so as to stop this kind of senseless decrying of a movie we know almost zip about.

\S/
Thank you.

sure this may be nolan's vision for superman. but who ever ends up being the director if it isnt jonah nolan they will likely have a say in things, and things could always change from what the script presently has to the shooting script and the visuals for the film.

hope it is true but prob more internet bs. the only site that does not bs is latinoreviewer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"