Superman 615 is Hilarious

He atomized all of it two panels later. But it was pretty funny that itching powder even slowed Hal down.

The words are really funny.
"AAAARRRGHGHHH! Itching Powder!"

Like it's the more dangerous thing on the planet or something.

I would think the itching powder would be mostly ineffective on Hal, given that he's covered in skintight fabric created by the ring all over except for his face. I guess it was super-special itching powder that could penetrate willpower energy clothing.

I liked the Operation table they had Metallo on

I have two questions:

1) Since when is the Toyman a robot with a wind up key in his back?

2)
Lex is walking into a particularly large vault stacked to the brim with uncovered kryptonite. WHy isn't he wearing a bio hazard suit?

The Question said:
I have two questions:

1) Since when is the Toyman a robot with a wind up key in his back?

2)
Lex is walking into a particularly large vault stacked to the brim with uncovered kryptonite. WHy isn't he wearing a bio hazard suit?

because a bio hazard suit would do nothing to protect him ;)

you mean a radiation suit

and maybe he's immune to the effects since injecting himself in Superman/Batman? or they didn't think of it...who knows :confused:

I still need to get into town to pick this up. Anyone have any scans?

It took years and years of constantly wearing his Kryptonite ring for Lex to get sick from it. My guess is that the room the Kryptonite is in is lead-shielded and he doesn't really care about exposing himself to it in small doses. I doubt he'll get cancer again from walking in and out of the room unprotected a few times.

The thing is, Lex's kryptonite ring was tiny. The "krypto-vault" is stocked with several hundred punds of the stuff.

Toyman's new look is new from this arc, influenced by the JLU version.

We noticed. Although, it looks like he's not Winslow Schlott, but some kind of robot built by Luthor. If that's the case, it seems odd. Luthor's never shown that kind of flair or theatricality with the gadgets he uses. He's always been about practicality.

why would you think he's built by Luthor? nothing has given that impression

I just assumed. He's always calling Luthor "boss", so I'd think he's an invention of Lex's.

I doubt Luthor built the new Toyman. It doesn't fit with Lex's character at all, and the new Toyman seems to annoy him more than anything else. It seems much more likely based on what I've seen that the new Toyman is a partner or consultant that Lex needed to help with his current plans.

TheCorpulent1 said:
It took years and years of constantly wearing his Kryptonite ring for Lex to get sick from it. My guess is that the room the Kryptonite is in is lead-shielded and he doesn't really care about exposing himself to it in small doses. I doubt he'll get cancer again from walking in and out of the room unprotected a few times.
It only took 18 issues of wearing the ring before Lex had his hand lopped off. I don't think that constitutes "years and years," Corp. ;)

TheCorpulent1 said:
I doubt Luthor built the new Toyman. It doesn't fit with Lex's character at all, and the new Toyman seems to annoy him more than anything else. It seems much more likely based on what I've seen that the new Toyman is a partner or consultant that Lex needed to help with his current plans.

I guess. But still, he's obviously not Schlott (who is alot taller, alot less metalic, and ALOT crazyer). So, my question is, what happened to Schlott?

There's no "L" in Winslow's name, Q. Sorry, I just felt like bugging ya. :D

But yeah, where'd Winslow go? I want him to come back and kill any replacement Toymen.

Pre-crisis style. -_-

Hell yeah. Schott :-)mad: :D) was a much better character than this guy. Goofy and funny is fine, but creepy, seriously ****ed in the head, and vengeful makes for a much more interesting character.

You'd think that after losing his original hand from the K-Ring and going crazy from injecting himself with the K-venom, he'd be sick of the suff.

Yeah, I ddin't get the K-Venom. How would mixing a steroid with a liquified radioactive element make it work better? I would think it would just make you more dead.

The Question said:
Yeah, I ddin't get the K-Venom. How would mixing a steroid with a liquified radioactive element make it work better. I would think it would just make you more dead.
Tell that to Smallville.

Kryptonite is the UBER COMPOUND!!:eek::eek::eek:

Why is nobody capitalizing on that stuff?! :confused:

:rolleyes: at Smallville.

Oh. I forgot. It's DC"s new mandate to do two things:

1) Undo the post crisis revamps, thus making things "the silver age but not sucky"

2) Bring aspects of Smallville into continuity.

Storywise, they're kicking ass and taking names. As to what the stories are acomplishing, that's what worries me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"