Superman & Lois General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!)

It's not called acting. It's called genetics. Connery simply appeared older than Harrison Ford at the time even though there wasn't that big an age gap. If Tom Holland tried to "act" as Harrison Ford's father, then no matter how good his acting skills, he's not going to convince anyone.

You don’t need genetics though, take Diane Lane in MOS they made her up to look a lot older than she is. You do have to be able to act differently too.

I never said it would work in all cases either.

So, according to the "theilluminerdi", there's a casting call going out for the following characters:

LESLIE: A woman in her 30s and of open ethnicity. She's described as physically fit and strong, while being the right hand man to the world’s arguably most influential figure.

CHRISSY: Over at the Smallville Gazette, it looks like Lois Lane will have a young reporter to mentor who may be an original character. Chrissy is a female reporter in her 20s, and while the description says open ethnicity, it also emphasizes a search for an actress of South Asian (specifically Pakistani) descent. Chrissy apparently has foot-in-mouth syndrome, but is an ambitious individual whose dreams of something better take hold after meeting her idol.

SAM FOSWELL: A recurring character in his 40s who is the latest editor of the Daily Planet. He may seem rough and irascible, but he’s a big softie on the inside.

It's possible Leslie is just a coverup for Mercy Graves. Overall, I hope this isn't a indication that they'll just use originally created characters to substitute for canon ones. I hate how "The Flash" has already wasted so many of his important supporting characters and rogues.

f3gmqa2soze51.jpg

If Leslie is Mercy that’s another recasting, unless she’s a different universe Mercy?

I don’t think that Sam will be Perry unless it’s only for flashbacks.

Chrissy worries me we’re gonna end up with a side cast member that’s unneeded thing half of the Flash and Supergirl main casts.

Sam Foswell is a comics character who ran the Daily Planet in Perry White’s absence whenever he’s on vacation.

I'm not bothered by "Chrissy" being an original character. Lois needs relationships outside her family, as she's the co-lead of this show. Her work life needs to be populated. Sam may well be legit, but I do think Leslie's probably a fake name. If not an outright Mercy re-cast, then Mercy's replacement.

Or
the alt-universe Mercy to this alt-universe Lex.

I'm not bothered by "Chrissy" being an original character. Lois needs relationships outside her family, as she's the co-lead of this show. Her work life needs to be populated. Sam may well be legit, but I do think Leslie's probably a fake name. If not an outright Mercy re-cast, then Mercy's replacement.

Or
the alt-universe Mercy to this alt-universe Lex.

True and we do need other characters, I just worry with past histories of CW shows how annoying these characters can be. But it’s not like a huge problem for me.

The spoiler is what I was thinking but then that would mean
he didn’t come alone, makes me think who or what else he may have brought with him.

So does anyone know if they'll start filming later this week or next?

I'm ready to see some set photos for this thing already.

So does anyone know if they'll start filming later this week or next?

I'm ready to see some set photos for this thing already.
Last start time I heard for this one was mid-October. The date on those plans for the downtown Smallville set was October 15th.

Given the other shows have just had to pause I can see it been pushed back again

Given the other shows have just had to pause I can see it been pushed back again

When did that happen? Why are they pausing again now? Is there an outbreak on set?

The hiatus shouldn't affect Superman and Lois, there are 2 weeks left for them to film and the hiatus is only until the results come in. Do you expect to see a picture with the suit before they start shooting or later when they have no choice but to show it?

When did that happen? Why are they pausing again now? Is there an outbreak on set?

It’s not effected Superman and Lois yet

Production In Vancouver On Pause Over COVID-19 Test Results Delays – Deadline

The hiatus shouldn't affect Superman and Lois, there are 2 weeks left for them to film and the hiatus is only until the results come in. Do you expect to see a picture with the suit before they start shooting or later when they have no choice but to show it?

I hope not, I’m concerned it’s going to though if it doesn’t get sorted.

I hope we see the suit sooner rather than later.

Luckily they're not in a rush with Superman and Lois.

Just makes me so happy to see that image, can’t wait for this show.
I remember when the mention of a Hoechlin Superman spin off would get an instant “NEVER GONNA HAPPEN”, how times have changed. :yay:

I wonder if that’s the haircut they’re going with for the kid that’s not Jon. (I mean no disrespect toward the actor or character, I genuinely don’t remember the character’s name and don’t care enough to Google it.) It would certainly...ah...fit the description.

They should make one of the kids gay. Doubt DC would allow it but...they should.

They should make one of the kids gay. Doubt DC would allow it but...they should.

Not that I view it as an issue but wouldn't that run the risk of making the idea into a trope?

Green Arrow, Black Lighting, and The Flash all have children that are a part of the LGBT demographic. I feel like adding one of Superman's kids to that list would make it feel like more like a prerequisite/checkmark than a natural thing if that makes any sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"