Supernatural: Season 9

I like Charlie too. She's needed because of what Orb said. She's an honorary Winchester at this point.

According to Guy Norman bee (director of 9x01) shooting has officially begun. Day 1 of 184 for season 9!

I didn't like the Leviathans, but I did like the main bad Levvy. He was fun to watch.

6 had way more promise. What messed it up for me (though I did appreciate it) was that it had way too many storylines to focus on and they just weren't executed as well as they should've been. The Campbell Family, the angelic weapons, Soulless Sam, souls in general, Purgatory, Mother of All, the monster war, Alphas and then Sam's wall...all those could've been put together a little tidier.

Hands down my favorite part of Season 6 was Soulless Sam. I don't care. I wish he stayed longer and then 7 could've been dealing with keeping up the wall (then end 7 with Dean in Purgatory and Sam's wall crashed). But that's just me.

First spoilers (nothing big)
How did you survive Hellatus? Thankfully, the waiting has come to an end and the first spoilers are trickling in. Fans already had the opportunity to read TV Guide Comic-Con edition and there are several things we can expect from season 9. Warning! Major spoilers and quotes ahead! Don't forget to get your own copy with a full report of news and spoilers next week.
Sam's health
We've sort of expected that and I'm not surprised that Sam didn't fully get back on his feet, but Robert Singer has revealed that Sam's recovery is a key element. In reference to where Sam and Dean are when the show returns - Singer: "When we start the season, Sam is quite ill. How he comes back from this is a real spoiler". New mysterious powers maybe?
Old characters returning

The show frequently brings back characters from the dead, which is why there's a possibility that Benny will make an appearance. "The fans love Benny," Singer says, "We'll probably find a way to bring him back."

And the ladies? Sadly, Abaddon won't be played by Alaina Huffman, which is bad news for me. I really enjoyed her portrayal. Robert Singer explained that she could return in a new meatsuit to try to dethrone Crowley. She might become the new big bad, which is a reason why Dean and Sam team up with Crowley. "…but there’s someone else who wants to take over the reins of Hell. That person is an enemy to the boys, so there’s a certain ‘the enemy of my enemy is my friend’ feeling between them."

As for Naomi, her fate is less certain. Fans would really love to see her back, though.
Jeremy Carver only mentions that "Supernatural is supernatural". So the possibility for a comeback is obviously there, small as it is. Moreover, "he's still out there," Carver says, when asked about Golem. He also hopes to see Charlie again.

Sam and Dean's grandfather can make an appearance in a flashback. "It might not be in the present," Carver says, "but he's part of our world now."

Kevin Tran
Supernatural is currently shooting out of order, but Kevin makes an appearance in "Devil May Care". Brian Rose tweeted this lovely picture, which shows Kevin with the tablet in the MoL bunker.
He is very central to the angel tablet arc and he "has a role to play... because he has an angel tablet that hasn’t been translated yet," Singer says. Hopefully it means more interaction with characters like Castiel.

Castiel's humanity
Now that he's human, there's a multitude of options for a good story, especially one that focuses on his feelings regarding his former angelic status and a better understanding of what humanity entails. When questioned about Castiel's fate as the season opens, Misha says that "we find him the the woods as a human." and "he will be human for the first time". I remember that Cas came very close to being human at the end of season 5, but obviously he will have more time to discover what it means to be human and to be on equal footing with the Winchesters. And maybe he'll be reunited with Sam and Dean.
Robert Singer also elaborates on the angels on Earth. “They’re not happy about being earthbound. They lost their wings, so while they have powers, they can’t teleport. Different factions will find each other." Misha also said that, "all these disgruntled former angels with a certain amount of power would make for a formidable army.”
An army against the Winchesters or an army against Metatron? Carver explains that we "can absolutely expect that different angels will have different reactions to life on Earth. That will lead to a lot of exciting, dangerous, and fun stories to explore."
Crowley

We got confirmation that Crowley is not fully human, but he "was genuinely affected...How much of that will linger is an open question, because, in the end, he didn't become human". I'm not too fond of a redemption arc for Crowley or the fact that he might be working with Sam and Dean, but the interactions between Sam and Crowley were definitely a highlight. When asked about Meg, her fate seems to be "cloudy".
http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/07/supernatural-season-9-tv-guide-comic.html#disqus_thread

EDIT: We will also find out more about the men of letters.

If you guys want to read the section of the TV guide, its all scanned here: http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/images/supernatural/Season 9/Misc/TV Guide Comic-Con 2013 Scans/

Last edited:
Season 9 is sounding good so far, even with those little details.

@jumblejim: Read the script. Didn't see this one coming. Whatever you think it is -- it ain't. ‪#‎Bobbysback‬

Methinks Bobby will remain dead may return in another form (flashback,dream,ghost?)

Death has meaning if you're not one of the brothers. Those two have died more times than the chicks on Charmed.

They have killed almost everyone who has ever appeared on the show before and most of them are still dead. Except for a small handful who are already sort-of dead like the demons or the angels who are were a different class of their own.

Outside of maybe 6-8 characters, I can't think of any recurring humans who didn't subsequently die. That's less than one person surviving per season.

Crowley, Sheriff Mills, Becky, and Tessa are the only recurring characters from the Kripke years that are still alive. Post-Kripke we have; Kevin, Charlie, Krissy Chambers, Garth, Mrs. Tran (Maybe), Alpha Vampire.

Last edited:
The Alpha isn't human and Crowley is a demon so I excluded them from my recurring list making it a total of seven, maybe eight (Mrs. Tran) people who have survived working with or near the Winchesters.

I like Charlie too. She's needed because of what Orb said. She's an honorary Winchester at this point.
She really isn't needed, but you guys are being SUBJECTIVE. Either way, I don't mind her. I Just don't find her as likeable as the old characters: Jo, Ash, Ellen. Really, she's OK, but nothing special for me.

Garth is cool for example, but I still don't find even him @ Ash ' level. I loved Ash, Frank, Ellen , Joe, Rufus, the black guy hunter (forgot his name) etc., but the new characters just seem like they try to be something they are not.- And the great ones get fakin IMPALED so fast!!

I don't like Kevin that much either, not even his mom ahhaa, but they are ok.

I liked them too but they got killed off so I'm rooting for her to not be killed off like everyone else has been. We've had so many people killed off that have not come back I think it would be different for one to at least stick around.

Kevin is okay but he's just another prophet character and since all that has gone to figurative and literal hell, he's expendable again.

http://tvline.com/2013/07/21/supernatural-spin-off-cw/
The CW Developing Supernatural Spin-Off
BY KIMBERLY ROOTS

Angels aren’t the only heavenly things coming our way in Supernatural‘s ninth season.

The CW is developing a spin-off of the long-running drama, TVLine has confirmed. Executive producer Bob Singer first announced the project during a press event at Comic-Con on Sunday.

Details are few and far between right now, but here’s what we’ve gleaned: A new character will be introduced in or around Episode 20 (which will serve as a planted pilot for the new show). That character will then anchor the spin-off. While the Winchesters are fond of running around the great outdoors, we’re hearing that the new endeavor will have a more citified feel.

More to come…

About time they did a spin-off. There have been more than enough hunters and recurring characters to do a spin-off with in the past. Of course most of them are dead now so they naturally have to bring in a new character...

I hope we get a Men of letters spin off but lets wait and see. This season sounds like the MOL bunker is gonna get a little crowded with Crowley being locked up and with Charlie returning.

Info from the press room (I tried to get the article with the most info and since I couldn't post all of it due to character restrictions I posted the first half of it):

After the Supernatural panel earlier today at Comic-Con, we visited the press room and spoke with Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, Misha Collins, Jeremy Carver and Robert Singer, asking them to elaborate on the teasers they dropped during the panel. Fortunately, they were able to give us a bit more information.

Sam and Dean’s Journey “This is probably our most character-driven season,” Singer said. Like they said in the Supernatural panel, Sam and Dean are on fairly decent ground after choosing to stick together instead of Sam sacrificing himself to close the Gates of Hell. Jensen said that season 9 picks up right where season 8 left off, and the brothers’ choice will “parlay into how their relationship is in season 9. They have no choice now but to unite and figure out how to navigate this whole new element that’s on their plate.” They’re not sure whether angels will be friend or foe or whether that’s solely on a case-by-case basis, but that leaves a lot of questions to be answered. “I like the fact that Dean is now not playing the guilty cheerleader anymore,” Jensen said. He explained that Dean obviously felt he should have been the one to do the trials and he had a lot of guilt that Sam took them on and suffered for it. “Now that that’s over with, Dean has a clear idea of ‘back on the horse, here we go, we’ve got stuff to deal with’.”

Carver teased the brothers’ individual arcs by saying that last season “Sam got to a place last year where he was, essentially, in it to win it. He was going to go all the way.” But Dean pulled him back from that and they had a nice “confrontation in the church where they got out some stuff that was bothering them.” But the result of that talk was a lot of fallout (no angels in Heaven and no king in Hell, which has never really happened before in Supernatural). “Sam is ready to knock [the demons] down one by one.” Meanwhile, Dean had to make a big decision last year to pull Sam out of that church and he made promises to his brother and “that’s going to continue early in the season that there are some decisions that Dean is shoulder that is going to be driving some of the mythology early on in the season here. It’s very, very personal to our brothers and it’s a very, very heavy weight to bear, potentially.”

Jared shared that Sam has always been the type of guy with a goal. But Sam is committed to the promise that he and Dean made in the church. “Now we do know how to cure a demon and we have the King of Hell in our basement.” Sam is going to be very driven to want to cure demons. “Sam likes things that can be finished. This is going to be endless, presumably. But I think his main objective now is curing demons.” Jared did say that he’s most excited for a storyline that the thought the producers would reveal in the Supernatural panel but which is still under wraps and it seems to tie in to what Carver hinted at. “The way Sam heals involves a big secret between Sam and Dean that Sam is not aware of and that Dean keeps from him. We’ll see Sam go through changes regularly that I can’t wait for. I think the fans will love it.

The Men of Letters Bunker will continue to serve the brothers in the upcoming episode of Supernatural, whether as a home base for Dean or a research station for Sam and the group in general. They’ve essentially outgrown the scope of their father’s journal in terms of what they’re dealing with, so the knowledge in the Men of Letters is crucial.
The Angel Posse Singer confirmed that the fallen angels will basically have all of their angelic powers, but have no wings. They can no longer teleport, but they can use their other powers, including smiting and healing. “There are different factions of angels, because all of them fell. Some of them desperately want to get back to Heaven, some are trying to find a place on earth, so there’s battles amongst the angels.” Could we see some past angels return? Singer noted that they killed both Alfie and Naomi, but hinted that they could reintroduce some angels.

tml#3J4xJAzt8jW8gptu.99 (Read MORE HERE)

So Sam mysteriously heals & Dean is keeping a secret from Sam. I guess they found a way to cause more drama

I liked Charlie when he was an old crazy guy operating out of his RV. Not really thrilled about her playing a bigger role in the coming season. I like her in small doses. Her last two appearances did nothing for me though.

As for the spin off. It's about time. They have built up enough stuff that would warrant the move. Spin off about Earth bound angels, other hunters, Men of Letters, etc. Hell, a witch detective w/ a hot were-dog sidekick/lover. For now it just sounds like a stationary Supernatural series where the hunter watches over one city.

Last edited:
we’re hearing that the new endeavor will have a more citified feel.

a men of letters show similar to angel please.

Ain't gonna be a Men of Letters show. For one a period piece on the CW would probably cost more than they would like to spend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"