Jessica Jones Supporting characters?

Six

Sidekick
Reaction score
Other than Purple Man and Carol Danvers(who most likely won't appear in this show), I don't know any other Jessica Jones supporting characters or even any other villains.

Can someone list some supporting characters or antagonists that could possibly appear in this show?

Luke Cage, Scott Lang, Matt Murdock, the newer spider-girl, Jessica Drew, off the top of my head.

But does she not have any original characters in her comics? I'm guessing this show will have a lot of completely original characters invented for the show if thats case.

The latest article suggests Luke Cage will be a recurring guest character, so that's one we know.

I wonder if whoever they get to play carol will be happy to be in this series as well? Carol is such a great bff to jessica

While I think it's unlikely, I'd be all for that, especially if it means Carol's casting happens soon because her casting thread is becoming a little maddening.

They will probably just make some supporting characters for the show.

Yeah, they will probably create a lot of new characters. They could also always use established characters from other Marvel comics.

"After a tragic ending to her short-lived Super Hero stint, Jones is rebuilding her personal life and career as a detective who gets pulled into cases involving people with extraordinary abilities in New York City."

I'm interested to see who they're going to cast in this, and as what. For Daredevil, we knew nearly all the characters before hand, and we had a good idea who was going to be in the show(Foggy Nelson for sure, Kingpin likely, Karen Page, Ben Urich, etc), but for this we don't really have any idea other than Luke Cage and Purple Man.

Maybe Mockingbird from AOS playing a similar role that Carol had in the comics (if they don't want to cast Carol this early on that is). Luke Cage obviously. Maybe Matt Murdock.

I could see Misty Knight and Collen Wang being supporting characters in this show as well as Iron Fist.

Misty Knight was also a detective so can work with Jessica and then later go on to be the love interest for Iron Fist.

Night Nurse as well perhaps. Rosario Dawson could pop up in all of the TV shows as a connective tissue.

They could probably even throw in some of the small characters from the movies and Agents of SHIELD, especially with the whole "detective in a wider universe" thing. Christine Everheart from the Iron Man movies comes to mind. Maybe Doc Samson could show up, or even Scott Lang, since he was in the original Alias series (so I hear, I've only been able to read The Pulse) and Ant-Man is coming out before the show.

Here is what showrunner and writer Melissa Rosenberg said to Hitflix in 2011 when she was developing the Jessica Jones pilot for ABC.

The former "Dexter" scribe and producer confirmed the potential TV series would absolutely take place in the larger "cinematic" Marvel Universe that has been established by films such as "Iron Man" and "Thor,"" but admitted they can't reference everything.

"It's very tricky navigation there. You can't mention one guy because Fox has the rights to that guy and Universal has the rights to the other one. There are a lot of boundaries on who you can and can't use," Rosenberg reveals. "I had Jessica Jones and Luke Cage and Carol Danvers [for the pilot script]. Basically, I wanted those three guys -- then I would have a series. Everyone else we can be digging into lesser known characters or taking known characters and renaming them."

As for The Avengers themselves, Rosenberg says she can reference them, but Tony Stark and Stark Industries are in the current pilot script. Rosenberg notes, "As we go along things will alter in terms of what is made available to us, but we're definitely in that universe. We are in no way denying that that universe exists. And as much as I can I'm going to pull everything in from there that I can use."

Good, at least she's embracing the larger universe idea and wants to use as much as she can.

I could see Rosenberg perhaps having some supporting characters from the movies show up in the show.

I would mind seeing Jessica dealing with a cases that lead to her interacting with some fimilar Marvel characters like Sif and The Warriors Three, Rhodey, Justin Hammer, The Leader, ect. The actors who play these characters seem like they would be willing to cameo or guest appear on the show.

Captain Marvel is the biggest unknown. It's hard to imagine having her so early and in a different medium. That being said, Agents of SHIELD is making me revist that.

I can see another female bestie besides Carol.. perhaps an invented character just for the show, non-powered. We'll see.

Matt Murdock could be a recurring character. I love the scene in Alias where Jessica Jones has been set up for a crime she didn't commit, the police have brought her in, and this jerk cop is interrogating her, pushing her buttons. And just when she's at the point of cracking, an off-panel voice says, "I'm putting a stop to this, Jessica, don't say another word." And the cop's all like, "Woah, who do you think you are?" And then, page-turn reveal... it's Matt Murdock: "I'm her lawyer."

I'd love to see a moment like that with Charlie Cox in the TV show.

Do you guys think Paul Rudd would be willing to pop in a few episodes as Scott Lang?
Also, I had this idea that Mockingbird could kind of take the place of Carol. It would kind of make sense, and I could see it happening.

Do you guys think Paul Rudd would be willing to pop in a few episodes as Scott Lang?
Also, I had this idea that Mockingbird could kind of take the place of Carol. It would kind of make sense, and I could see it happening.

Rudd could easily show up, he guest stars on a lot of tv shows. He even said he wanted to show up on some marvel tv shows.

And that could work, Palicki's Mockingbird rocks!

Having finished Alias, the cast I could see is something like this:
Luke Cage (confirmed)
Purple Man (pretty much has to be there)
Matthew Murdock (as Jessica's attorney in a bit of trouble with the police)
Mockingbird (old friend of Jessica's)
Night Nurse (maybe involved with a case)
Scott Lang (small chance, but I'd at least like to see them go on a date)
Malcolm (the kid who always hangs out at her office, he could be fun to see)
Tony Stark (it was mentioned that the original draft of the pilot included him)
Justin Hammer (I like the idea of him being involved in one of the cases)
Leonard Samson (I feel like he could also show up with a case)
Christine Everheart (a reporter, follows Jessica around sometimes, maybe is involved with a Justin Hammer case)
Ben Urich (investigative journalist, he could be working on some of the same stories as the others)
Rick Jones (could be a good way to introduce him, as he was referenced in TIH, and there is a case involving "him" in the comic)
Clay Quartermain (former SHIELD agent who used to date Jessica, now helps her out with some bigger matters)

Of those, I see Luke, Mockingbird, Malcolm, Murdock, Everheart, Quartermain and maybe Lang being more recurring, with Purple Man showing up in some flashbacks before finally making a major appearance in person. That would also give room for smaller characters in some of her cases (like the guys that kidnapped Spider-Woman or the girl that ran away from her super bigoted town). There are plenty of characters they can use.

I wouldn't mind seeing Leslie Bibb's reporter Christine Everheart from IM 1&2 show up in this.

Captain Marvel is the biggest unknown. It's hard to imagine having her so early and in a different medium. That being said, Agents of SHIELD is making me revist that.

It depends on who they get to play her. A lot of film actors don't like doing television so depending on how well known the actress playing Carol is, it may not be likely that she'd agree to be on a TV show.

Though either way I think if Carol did show up it would not be as a frequent, recurring thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"