Jessica Jones Supporting characters?

I could see Sally Floyd appearing in this show at some point. Would toe back to DD as she works with Ben Urich. Actually, I could see Urich having a big role here too.

I wonder how long until they announce that Paul Rudd will guest as Lang for a few episodes. That's got to happen.

I don't think they're gonna be able to hook Rudd for this.

I don't think they're gonna be able to hook Rudd for this.

He does have a connection to Jess. That's one of the only advantages of using Scott over Hank.

He does have a connection to Jess. That's one of the only advantages of using Scott over Hank.

Yeah but so did Carol Danvers and she's been replaced with Trish Walker.

Unless he has a large hole in his schedule or just really really badly wants to do it I can't imagine Paul Rudd showing up in the show. And if he does it'd be a one-off thing I'd assume.

I think there are a number of factors of why Scott Lang may not show up in the first season of Jessica Jones.

1. Scott Lang resides on the West Coast (San Francisco) in Ant-Man and Jessica is in New York City.

2. When does this show take place in relation to Ant-Man? If it takes place before Ant-Man then Scott is in prison and if it takes place after then we don't know what happens to Scott Lang.

3. They might make Hope Van Dyne/Pym Scott's love interest in Ant-Man or he may get back with his ex-wife Maggie.

eka-darville-1-124071.jpg

Eka Darville ("The Originals," "Power Rangers R.P.M.) plays Malcolm, a neighbor of Jessica’s whose own journey will intertwine with her quest in a surprising way.
Erin Moriarty ("The Kings of Summer," "Red Widow") plays Hope, a young girl who becomes a client of Alias Investigations.
Wil Traval ("Red Widow," "All Saints") plays an NYPD cop who takes “protect and serve” very seriously.

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/19/marvels-a-k-a-jessica-jones-casts-eka-darville-erin-moriarty-and/

I know Eka Darville from The Originals. Never seen the other two.

Ha, I remember Eka Darville from Power Rangers.

I may be wrong since it's been a while since I've read ALIAS, but isn't Malcolm the annoying kid that always asks to work for Jessica? And isn't Hope the mutant from the religious town?

I may be wrong since it's been a while since I've read ALIAS, but isn't Malcolm the annoying kid that always asks to work for Jessica? And isn't Hope the mutant from the religious town?

Malcolm Powder is indeed that kid. But the girl from the religious town was called Rebecca, not Hope. (Also, she was not a mutant, some people just thought she was. She was just a lesbian and someone with different ideas about the world than most people around her)

Having watched Carrie Ann Moss's Jeri Hogarth makes me wish that she should've been Maria Hill instead.

No, no not...not Maria Hill.

Jeri is a ...um...it rhymes with "hunt." Moss completely sold me on the fact that she...like...the actress herself...is a "hunt." That's how good she was in that role. Hill is a totally different character, making the same funny quips that every other Avengers character does. I feel like any attractive, likable actress in Hollywood could be Maria Hill, but it takes a certain set of qualities to play Jeri.

Hill is a totally different character, making the same funny quips that every other Avengers character does. I feel like any attractive, likable actress in Hollywood could be Maria Hill

And that right there, is the problem I have with Maria Hill in the MCU. I don't know if they always intended the character to be like that, or if the character was changed into that, because of the actress they hired. Had they cast Carrie Ann Moss instead, I'd like to think that Maria Hill would have been written a lot more closer to the comics.

And that right there, is the problem I have with Maria Hill in the MCU. I don't know if they always intended the character to be like that, or if the character was changed into that, because of the actress they hired. Had they cast Carrie Ann Moss instead, I'd like to think that Maria Hill would have been written a lot more closer to the comics.

Whedon was writing...so Hill was going to sound like Whedon...just like practically everyone else in the movies (including the killer robot). I don't think that there was ever any chance of them hiring someone with more of an edge.

No, no not...not Maria Hill.

Jeri is a ...um...it rhymes with "hunt." Moss completely sold me on the fact that she...like...the actress herself...is a "hunt." That's how good she was in that role. Hill is a totally different character, making the same funny quips that every other Avengers character does. I feel like any attractive, likable actress in Hollywood could be Maria Hill, but it takes a certain set of qualities to play Jeri.

There's a female attorney in Daredevil by the name of Rosalind Sharpe who also reminds me of Hogarth's character. May not have fit well with this specific character, but they are very similar.

There's a female attorney in Daredevil by the name of Rosalind Sharpe who also reminds me of Hogarth's character. May not have fit well with this specific character, but they are very similar.

Foggy's birth mother?

Yeah. That's the biggest reason why I wouldn't want the change, but they were still pretty similar.

Surprised there's no Luke Cage thread, guess I'll comment in here. Colter was pretty great as Cage, and I've never care much for his previous performances either. Now I'm really looking forward to his show next year. I do think they made Cage a bit too nice in the MCU but could just be they can't have both heroes be a-holes on JJ :hehe: Hopefully we get to see more of his angry side and more tearing it up on his show.

Cloak and Dagger:
Runaways in New York, so a PI may be hired to find them. They get mugged and dosed with a fancy new drug that gives them superpowers which sort of lines up with the MGH storyline in JJ that they can't follow too specifically.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"