The Mandalorian Taika Waititi as IG-11

TheVileOne

Eternal
Reaction score
Taika Waititi, who is also directing an episode on the show is going to voice/portray the new droid character IG-11. He looks similar to IG-11. But he's a new character.

IG-11 seems like he might be a "good guy" or at least an antihero of sorts. Here he appears to be fighting troopers. In another shot in the trailer, he looks to be working with Mando.

hlpQIk3.jpg

He is bloody badass.... Honestly, he was the star of the trailer for me as a 90s kid, with memories of Shadows of the Empire and IG-88.

I'm betting, because of the earlier number, he's a IG prototype before 88, that didn't murder his creators and run off to be a hired killer.

'The Mandalorian' unmasked: 'We did things no "Star Wars" fan has ever seen'

Another faceless character is IG-11, an assassin droid voiced by director Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). The Kiwi, who also helmed the season 1 finale, labored on finding the perfect voice for the role before landing on a tone that he says is somewhere between Siri and HAL 9000. “[IG-11 is] very innocent and naive and direct and doesn’t know about sarcasm and doesn’t know how to lie,” Waititi says. “It’s like a child with a gun.”

This was one of the moments that had me wondering why we won't be seeing the actual IG-88, but why we're not seeing more old characters.

This was one of the moments that had me wondering why we won't be seeing the actual IG-88, but why we're not seeing more old characters.

The sequel trilogy and the fandom generally being awful, and Twitter being a cesspool are likely why it's mostly new characters who evoke the iconic legacy ones rather than the actual iconic legacy ones. They don't have to worry about disappointing or subverting fan expectations with new characters, this character wouldn't do that or didn't do that, etc. etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"