The Amazing Spider-Man TASM Easter Eggs / References

in his room, peter is sittin on the floor i believe, camera is on his rear right hand side so we see peter and his desk and there's a poster there with glover in it

Oh cool, guess I didn't notice.

Apparently Gwen and Spidey swung past a Clock Tower? (Location of Eddie Bricks transformation into Venom)
And Curt hearing voices in his head and arguing with himself and almost seeming schizophrenic reminded me of Norman/GG in the original trilogy.

I've only seen it the once so far but I thought it was the clock tower that Spider-Man and Ock fight on in SM2.

Did anyone catch all the references to lightining?
In Dr. Connors Oscorp lab he had a poster of a lighting bolt (which is so random that I think its only purpose was to be an easter egg)
And in the after credits scene, there are two lightning strikes.

I think they lead to electro, either in the sequel or electro in general.

I thought the lightning poster thing had something to do with "SCIENCE!". Could be wrong though. Anyway, it was a cool poster. I'd have that kind of poster.

Could be, I can't remember if there was any tiny lettering on the bottom that would sugest it was a science poster like most of those types of posters do.

And now I'm 100% sure electro is the next villain. I'm pretty excited, exept for the fact that electro is no where near any of my favorite villains.

Here's one thing they can't miss with electro...
A battle in Times Square and a battle at the tip of the Empire state Building :D

They can't miss those opportunities, especially with the 3D ascpect.

Did anyone catch all the references to lightining?
In Dr. Connors Oscorp lab he had a poster of a lighting bolt (which is so random that I think its only purpose was to be an easter egg)
And in the after credits scene, there are two lightning strikes.

I think they lead to electro, either in the sequel or electro in general.

I'm very impressed by you guys to notice such things! Good job! :up:

Also remember that Webb said Green Goblin isn't necessary the villain in ASM2, and Rhys saying that the character in the end definitely isn't Norman Osborn.

Could very well be Electro! Wouldn't be my first choice but could be very interesting! I just hope they don't go the route of making him a being of pure electricity. Would be generic and boring. Also, if Electro is indeed the villain I hope they make the scene where Spidey begs for mercy on his knees (and being serious about it).

Thanks! And when the first lighting strikes the man appears and when lighting strikes the second time, the mysterious man disappears.
And the whole scene looks a little jumpy/jittery. Cool stuff.
I don't expect "the greatest spiderman battle of all time" to be in the next film though :/

it would all be good nods to electro. he is a high priority villain imo, and i did notice the lightening image. Webb also said there would be clues to the new villain in the film

Plus Andrew recently said in an interview Electro was one of his favourite villains...

Probably thinking too much into it, but in the beginning a girl asks Peter to take pictures of her boyfriend's car. Wouldn't be the first time a Peter Parker gets close to a girl only for a boyfriend and a car to stop that :p

Plus Andrew recently said in an interview Electro was one of his favourite villains...

I forgot about that, well that's another sign. Though Marc Webb never mentioned him as a favourite (he mentioned Green Goblin, Kraven and Mysterio).

I guess the most likely villain(s) for ASM2 is/are:

1) Green Goblin (yes I still think this is the most likely)
2) Electro
3) Mysterio

Probably thinking too much into it, but in the beginning a girl asks Peter to take pictures of her boyfriend's car. Wouldn't be the first time a Peter Parker gets close to a girl only for a boyfriend and a car to stop that :p

Haha nice catch! I loved that scene!

The next movie should have Peter being drug to the comic book store by fellow college nerds, and you should see the Raimi costume in the background, with it being for sale as a spidey halloween costume or something. :p

The next movie should have Peter being drug to the comic book store by fellow college nerds, and you should see the Raimi costume in the background, with it being for sale as a spidey halloween costume or something. :p

And on clearance

I didn't notice this until the second time around, but in the opening scene where Peter is playing hide-and-seek with his dad, there's a dinosaur/lizard stuffed toy on the table in the living room.

And other than the obvious wedding ring as a reference to Connors being married, there were two more references I noticed this time, but they're easy to miss when they're a bit blurry in the background -- when Peter is writing down the decay rate algorithm at Connors' house, you can see a few family photographs on a table with a blond little boy (Billy, obviously) in the middle of two figures. And then in Connors' office when he's talking to Dr Ratha (I think it was this scene), you can see a photograph in front of his whiteboard of a brown-haired woman holding up a blond baby, which based on actual and speculated casting, is almost certainly Martha holding baby Billy. Or, well, who else can be in a photo like that in his office, really?

Seabiscuit novel on Gwen's table

I'd be really surprised if the man wasn't Norman Osborn. The movie always had that underlying cross-species theme, Osborn was mentioned many times as being sick.

The way I see it, the next logical step would to have Norman get a hold of Connors formula and altering it in some way. Plus, we still have yet to find out Peter's genetic backstory.

Electro and Mysterio are fine villains but I don't see how they play into the "genetic/scientific" theme...

It's possible Rhys is misleading us.

Zack Snyder said that Zod wouldn't be the villain in Man Of Steel (fairly late in production) and whaddaya know, Zod was the villain!

Rhys is definitely misleading us, the guy is Norman

Definitely? You can't say that for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"