Iron Man 2 The "Easter Eggs/References" Thread (Spoilers to minimum)

Another Captain America reference:

exqironman2720pmkvsnaps.jpg
Looks like a plain ole Deputy badge to me.

That's what I thought, unless he meant that it's a star which isn't much of a reference lol

I asked this question a while ago, its just a badge, no more, and no less.

I guess it kinda looks like a miniature version of his shield with the diff rings around it. But that's kinda pushing it

15yf9ds.jpg

1045c7t.jpg

They said the one in Africa is Black Panther
THe one in New Mexico is Thor
THe Cali one I assume is Iron Man. Longshot maybe Runaways? But then why would SHIELD be watching them and they probably dont have their powers yet

Theirs one that looks like it could be New York. Or it could be Virginia and in that case it's TIH. But if its NY it could be one of the countless heroes that are in the Marvel Universe NYC. Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Punisher

One in the Atlantic. Looks too far south for Cap. Maybe Namor?

One near Greenland could be Cap.

One in Europe looks like its UK, I cant really tell. Maybe Union Jack

Here are more pics: http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=22838

Last edited:
the cali one is IM since he lives in Malibu and IM's climax took place in cali.
the one in NY/VA is Hulk since the fight with the military took place in VA while the climax was NY.
Atlantic is Namor
the two near UK are for Cap

Jon mentions in the commentary that all of those locations are related to Marvel characters.

"Iron Man 2" - The Ten Rings goon and Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S

There isnt one in the UK, thats farther west into scandanavia

in America everything over there is UK...lol
But it still has something to do with Cap

im doing an assignment for Latin with a map so i have reference right infront of me lol

It might be, might not be, are there any superhumans from Scandanavia in Marvel?

Some people think one of the European places could be where Bucky/Winter Soldier is....Hrm.

im doing an assignment for Latin with a map so i have reference right infront of me lol

It might be, might not be, are there any superhumans from Scandanavia in Marvel?

maybe Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver but i think they are with the Xmen

Blu-Ray has just upped the ante with easter eggs, thanks to HD imagery.

Gotta love a director and company so into these references and easter eggs, just like the fans are.

where is the HD thor trailer.comeeeeeeeeeon

Now that Iron Man 2 is out on DVD/Blu-Ray in all its glory...be interesting to see if any more easter eggs start to pop up due to the capability of freeze frame and HD screens.

Not to mention the S.H.I.E.L.D vault which is just made for the geek inside of all of us.

I'll throw this here as well. Here are some Easter Eggs I found on the Blu-Ray.

OK, on the Blu-Ray disc, under Extras, I found three short videos. Simply go into the S.H.I.E.L.D. Vault, under "Personnel Dossiers". When you select either Howard Stark, The Ten Rings, or Steve Rogers, you have the option to push right. Doing so will show a hidden option. This plays a short video of Howard Stark telling you about some different things. One is the Arctic Heat Chamber, one is and antidote for Vapor 531, and the other is for the Proton Extractor.

I found the Arctic Heat Chamber and Proton Extractor ones, but i missed the Vapor 531. Nice catch.

Also did anyone notice the codes Stark uses when those videos open. One in particular was Code six-sixteen...aka 616, the main Marvel universe.

I found the filming of the mjolnir scene on disc 2. Under the ultimate making of iron man 2. You have to select play all then you can skip to chapter 6. or if you watch it all the scene is after the credits just like the scene was in the movie. It was filmed on Thor set. You see Branagh talking and jms gives his opinion on the scene. He tries to lift mjolnir. Jms might be in the Thor movie.

I'm watching it and Tony is going through his dad's journal and there's a cube. Is that the Cosmic Cube?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"