Iron Man 2 The "Easter Eggs/References" Thread (Spoilers to minimum)

DJ Am's appearance surprised me because since i hadn't heard of him appearing in IM2 in the aftermath of his untimely death.

Though i didn't catch all of them, i loved the Marvel easter eggs they managed to put in the movie. Especially Captain America's shield and Thor's hammer.:yay:

Roxxon makes a brief cameo in the Monaco sequence.Comic legend Bob Layton was on set when part of that was shot and got to take home debris with the logo as a souvenir.

roxxondebris.jpg

roxxonairfoil.jpg

SOURCE: http://www.boblayton.com/blogframe.html

Roxxon was in the first movie

Yes, you're right. Perhaps they're building up to a full appearance in the third film.

The Hulk/Abomination fight was in Times Square, right?
Where on the East Coast did the Armour Wars (thats what i'm calling it) take place?
Becasue it seems like they either happen at the same time, or one after the other, Armour Wars being first, followed by Hulk Abomination...

Armor wars took place all over but ended in Monaco. Another spoiler that was just brought to my attention is a map showing the Savage Land was pulled out of the case Fury gave to Tony

Last edited:
Armor wars took place all over but ended in Monaco. Another spoiler that was just brought to my attention is a map showing the Savage Land was pulled out of the case Fury gave to Tony

Yeah I just saw that article. They got a thread already over in the Marvel movies thread.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=18918

I'm not getting my hopes up because it could have just been thrown in for ****s and giggles but to think of seeing Sauron on the big screen would be pretty badass!

Roxxon is pretty much the evil Marvel equivalent of Exxon(pretty much was created around the time of the Exxon oil spill)

Wonder if Roxxon is gonna make a comback in the comics now????

The Hulk/Abomination fight was in Times Square, right?
Where on the East Coast did the Armour Wars (thats what i'm calling it) take place?
Becasue it seems like they either happen at the same time, or one after the other, Armour Wars being first, followed by Hulk Abomination...

I know im really late on this but, just thought i would make the correction.
Hulk/Abomination fight took place in Harlem.

Harlem indeed. They run past the Apollo theatre.

I don't know if this has been asked before or not, and I don't want to start a new thread for obvious reasons. I figured this would be the best spot for this question:

In Iron Man 2, why does Tony Stark not like to be handed things? He mentions this at least twice (when receiving the court summons, and when purchasing the strawberries for Pepper). Contradictory, he is handed the shield of Captain America.

To be fair, Stark asks for the Shield to be handed to him, while the other stuff is just handed to him without him asking first.

I dont know why either, just pointing that out.

Ahh... Good point.

Anyways, is this behaviour a reference to something that happened in the first movie?
Is it just a random trait Tony has in the movies?

Captain America shield:
vlcsnap2010091118h06m28.png

vlcsnap2010091118h06m28.png
vlcsnap2010091118h05m52.png

vlcsnap2010091118h05m52.png

Thor Mjolnir (from the after credits scene):

vlcsnap2010091118h07m01.png

vlcsnap2010091118h07m01.png

Last edited:
Ahh... Good point.

Anyways, is this behaviour a reference to something that happened in the first movie?
Is it just a random trait Tony has in the movies?

That's what I've been wondering. Even if it is just a quirk Tony has why did it just all of a sudden appear in this movie and not the first. I figured it was in relation to something that happened in the first movie but I can't figure out what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"