The Amazing Spider-Man TASM Easter Eggs / References

guys omg stop arguing about the pose.

even though clearly it's from USM

not only that Marc and Andrew both said alot of poses in the film come from Mark Bagley's art in USM

it's NOT a reference to Todd McFarlane's art

only similarity there is the circle in the image which in the film is a moon.

so sorry to burst your webs, but its not a homage to McFarlane. it's a homage to Bagley. now that that's been established lets stop debating it and move on.

I personally don't think it's a specific reference to any cover or panel. It's just an iconic Spidey pose.

it's definitely an iconic reference. and regardless of it not having exact hand/leg positioning. To me, it looks like a complete ode to the the cover i posted. And for me, that's really all that matters.

guys omg stop arguing about the pose.

even though clearly it's from USM

not only that Marc and Andrew both said alot of poses in the film come from Mark Bagley's art in USM

it's NOT a reference to Todd McFarlane's art

only similarity there is the circle in the image which in the film is a moon.

so sorry to burst your webs, but its not a homage to McFarlane. it's a homage to Bagley. now that that's been established lets stop debating it and move on.

chill out.. no one is arguing

Was that Seinfeld on the TV in the first scene where Peter's very young? You don't get a great glimpse but I could have sworn that was Jerry's apartment I saw.
I thought it was the brandy bunch... which i thought was a reference to, Christopher Daniel Barnes who voiced Spidey in the TAS also playing Greg in the brandy bunch movie

Norman Osborn is confirmed NOT to be in the post movie scene guys, here's the interview with Rhys:

Well, the following excerpt from an interview with Rhys Ifans over at Ain't It Cool News certainly makes THIS editorial (written by yours truly) a little pointless, eh? The Welsh actor has confirmed that the "Man in the Shadows" played by Michael Massee was in fact NOT Norman Osborn. However, he goes on to hint that it is instead an established character of some sort involved with Oscorp who MIGHT end up being the villain in the planned sequel currently being written by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci.

Okay, what do you think about that ending?

Well, Connors is basically locked up in a very high-security mental institution.

We were debating whether it was a prison or a mental institute.

It's not a zoo. [laughs] I kept seeing it as maybe a mixture of both. Then a representative from OsCorp appears miraculously in the room. How he gets in there and how he leaves, we don’t know. Maybe we will find out. But it’s not Norman Osborn.

It’s not? You can say that?

Yeah. But it is someone who is in the employ of Norman Osborn without question.

Someone we're familiar with, who we don’t know is employed by Osborn?

Yeah. Who knows? Maybe he will be the next bad guy; we’ll see.

back to the drawing board...I think it's Beck, or Max Dillon (Electro)

i think it's Electro. I saw the movie for the third time tonight, and i noticed that the character appeared AND disappeared to thunder (and lightning). Plus his hair's all frizzy, and he's jittering around, playing with his hat.

I think that's a cool idea if it is Electro. He's kind of like a goon for Norman Osbourne

Um, I'm not sure if someone has mentioned this, as I thought it was pretty obvious. But when Peter is talking to Aunt May on his phone she asks him to get Eggs. And I'm just paraphrasing here:
"Eggs?" asks Peter.
"Yes... organic." replies May. An obvious nudge to the organic webshooters in Sam Raimi's version.

Um, I'm not sure if someone has mentioned this, as I thought it was pretty obvious. But when Peter is talking to Aunt May on his phone she asks him to get Eggs. And I'm just paraphrasing here:
"Eggs?" asks Peter.
"Yes... organic." replies May. An obvious nudge to the organic webshooters in Sam Raimi's version.
I immediately thought of that as well.

Peter had a Rear Window poster in his room. Did anyone catch what the other posters were?

"Eggs?" asks Peter.

Umm, you're seeing things that aren't actually there. That conversation isn't a reference to anything.

^ How do you know that it was? Just because the word 'organic' was used, that doesn't mean it was a reference. If they were going to reference the organic webshooters, they would've made it more 'on-the-nose'. May was simply asking Peter to pick up some organic, cage-free eggs.

Peter had a Rear Window poster in his room. Did anyone catch what the other posters were?
There was supposed to be a Childish Gambino one, but I couldn't see it either time.

He had Rear Window and the famous Einstein portrait.

Peta Parkour!

2nd movie needs an Assassin's Creed or Mirror's Edge reference.

I'm surprised the Ramones' cover of the Spider-Man theme song wasn't in the credits. I was really it would be :p

The Coldplay song (til Kingdom Come) was originally written by Coldplay to be performed by Johnny Cash. Song's in the movie, poster in the bedroom. Reading into it too much?

And also he wears the same t-shirt combination (long sleeve brown under short sleeve blue) as the Spectacular Spider-man cartoon.

Last edited:
They said "Spider-Man" in the movie. An obvious nudge to the character, Spider-Man, in Sam Raimi's version.

My one wish for the future of this franchise is that they somehow tie in Peter's parents with S.H.I.E.L.D. He has the ultimate connection to The Avengers 2, that's his shoe in. Hopefully Marvel/Disney can cooperate with Sony. They both love money, this will be good for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"